Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I've been enjoying survival, because the increased hazards make exploring some planets more risky, but I wish there was a way to toggle which survival options you want. The fact that taking off uses up all of the fuel in your launch thrusters seriously discourages exploration, which seems counter-intuitive for this game, but if you make sure to recharge the thrusters as soon as you take off you won't be stuck anywhere. I also will sometimes carve up gold deposits for cash, so money isn't really much of an issue for me, and I use the cash to buy plutonium from space stations instead of farming it myself(though I do collect it where I see it when exploring).

Before I had all of this figured out, I got stuck on a planet with frenzied sentinels, and I had very little life support when I had gotten out of my ship, so when I died, I had to run around trying to collect enough thamium to recharge my life support, and enough plutonium to lift off, all while being chased by sentinels. Eventually it got too frustrating and I had to load an earlier save, which I'm glad was an option. If I could play Survival mode without the increased resource costs, or Normal mode with increased planetary hazards, that would be a sweet spot for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Those Analysis Visor enhancements alone will make this game so much better for me personally.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
On PS4, is it possible to map roll to the x axis of the left stick instead of yaw? It seems so strange to me that it bucks the trend of literally every other flightsim in this way.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

Beastie posted:

I don't think there is yaw control? On Xbox the left stick is pitch, right and left bumper (L1+R1 PS4) is roll. Right stick just controls the camera, slightly.

Yeah, left and right on the PS4 controller yaws left and right, while roll is mapped to the shoulder buttons. I'd rather it was the other way around, where the left stick handles pitch and roll, with yaw mapped to the shoulder buttons, but I didn't see anything in the options to do that.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there a way to get ironsights or anything on these guns? trying to clear out these biohorrors is a fuckin pain

also i thought they added in other weapon types? all i can find is the boltcaster tho

There's a shotgun type that I never bothered with, and a railgun type that I found to be great when it worked correctly. Unfortunately, it seemed to just completely miss anything that the game didn't register as being in combat with me. I'm guessing that this has something to do with the aim assist, but several times I pointed the thing directly at a stationary sentinel or animal, fired, and missed. I thought that recoil may have been the culprit, so I tried lowering my aim at different degrees but that didn't seem to help. This was all pre-NEXT though, so maybe it's better now.