Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

sean10mm posted:

Nobody cares about - or has even heard of - Arenanet.

Sort of correct, because the Arenanet thing wasn't about the game, it was about a woman talking back to a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

BexGu posted:

No it loving wasn't. Price getting fired was about a Arenanet employee public attacking a Streaming Partner (who had enough of a partnership that he had a NPC in the game)/customers after he had tried to have a polite conversation with her after she did a AMA.

Depends on who you ask, I suppose. I highly doubt everyone who jumped on that bandwagon was doing so to protect the feelings of said streaming partner suffering the sting of being called an "asshat," but whatever.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I can't see Disney rehiring Gunn simply because it would be admitting a mistake, which (big) companies fight tooth and nail not to have to.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
When did Pratt become such an evangelical? I fondly remember him gleefully sharting himself on the Parks & Rec bloopers.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

UFOTacoMan posted:

Cernovich married his first wife as a law student in 2003. Cernovich has said the marriage was "ruined by feminist indoctrination". His wife became an attorney in Silicon Valley and earned millions of dollars from an initial public offering of stock. She filed for divorce in 2011, and Cernovich received what he has described as a "seven-figure sum" in the settlement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Cernovich

Tragically hilarious that the ultimate Gorilla Mind alpha lives off his ex-wife's dollar, cuckily.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I bet he really sucks to hang out with now, though.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

I'd also imagine actual pedophiles don't think what they're doing is wrong. Also consider the head of the Catholic League claims "it's not rape if there's no penetration" which is up there with "it's actually ebedophilia"

While I don't think Gunn is one, I think some pedophiles are likely to be brazen enough to do stuff like this. Jimmy Saville all but flaunted that he preyed on young girls just because he felt untouchable. I bet those priests in Pennsylvania who f'ing industrialized abusing boys became pretty callous and shameless about it too.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 18, 2018

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
For a lot of people, this isn't about just wanting another Gunn-directed GotG movie.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I don't remember anything except the constant drone of you grinding your axe for at least 80 posts in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

AceOfFlames posted:

Not the least bit surpising. Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter is a massive Trump supporter and IIRC is even part of his administration in some capacity.

Perlmutter is one of Trump's 3 golf buddies who were given an extremely shady, undefined role as "advisors" to the Department of Veterans Affairs, which amounted to them essentially running it to make profit for their own holdings.

• Locked thread