Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Adult Swim can’t go down this road with Harmon because if they do they’ll have to literally fire Justin Roiland into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Karloff posted:

The South Park Indiana Jones episode was ten years ago as well, I don't remember that being massively controversial. Trey Parker was doing a voice in a family film last year.

I think the fact that South Park is still making dumptrucks full of money is all the proof you need that sometimes people just think extremely controversial things are a teensy bit sill when viewed from a different perspective. Also those two dudes can do anything they want and no one can touch them. Seth MacFarlane is the highest paid writer in Hollywood (Tina Fey might be about to edge him out) and even he can't say poo poo about them in an interview, because theyve been crushing it just as hard for like 5 years longer, and they almost have a full EGOT. He has jack poo poo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Disney isn’t getting duped, he’s completely correct.

If Gunn has made jokes about women, or racist comments, he’d still have his job, but he’s making jokes about little kids while working for the biggest toy company in the world. This is a no brainer for Disney, I just also think it should end with someone throwing a flaming bag of dogshit at Mike and also with Gunn getting another job soon somewhere else.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Remember when Dan Harmon caught a little flak about a week or two ago for a video of himself loving a plastic baby doll...?

Justin Roiland is getting served up now and it is predictably a lot harder to to get a grip on what’s happening.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Too be fair, Cap’n America is a Nazi now and Thor’s dad, Odin, is like the default eidolon of White Supremacy in European white power movements so gently caress em.

The actors are super cool guys and who the gently caress cares if you don’t follow someone on Twitter

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah even as a proponent of free speech mega bigly, I understand not everyone uses humor to overcome issues.

My father died when I was a little boy from cancer. I think cancer is hilarious and made tons of jokes about cancer growing up to try and get over it. I’ve met many people who think my jokes are funny because they too lost someone in a seemingly random and senseless way to health issues, and we can be strong from surviving those traumas and laughing at them.

But every once in a while you meet someone whose kid died from leukemia and it’s just not something they can laugh about. That’s not anyone’s fault, we can’t all laugh at our problems. I’m just really grateful to be one of those that can, but I’d never hold it against someone who can’t.

We’re seeing a huge influx of lady comedians trying to take ‘rape’ to that level, but so far it’s... uh... growing pains is how I’d classify it.

peer posted:

I dunno anything about Hemsworth's politics but Evans seems like the definition of naive, well-meaning why-can't-we-all-be-friends democrat

Evans is devoutly anti-trump and got into hot water over tweeting about how much he hates Trump and that’s a big part of why he’s stepping down from the role of Cap.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dave Bautista tweeted out that he’s only doing GotG 3 due to legal contractual obligations and tweeting mad shade at Disney for cowtowing to Nazis.

He knows they can’t fire him, he’s so loving cool

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Jeff Bridges getting shot in the face was absolutely worth the price of admission

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We also live in a world where taking someone to court over slander accomplishes absolutely nothing except legitimizing the accusations

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The best troma film is Sgt. Kabuki-Man: N.Y.P.D and it should be cannon in the MCU now

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would argue that making jokes a decade ago is in fact not a big deal at all and certainly shouldn’t be the catalyst in a mega-corporation’s decision making especially when literal millions of dollars are at stake.

It’s insane how Cernovich got a exactly what he wanted so completely

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m not a slippery-slope person because that argument is a logical fallacy but I have to wonder if in 10 years are people gonna be dragging up tweets and posts from High School?

How young do you have to have been before they can’t hold something against you anymore?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s plenty of alternatives to rapey-racism college culture to get laid in college, you just need either a hobby or a cool brand of cigarettes to smoke

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So apparently Disney/Marvel straight up stopped Pre-Production of Guardians 3. Like told everyone getting prepped to go home and find other work.

Ha ha ha ha ha Disney hosed themselves so hard on this one and they literally cannot find a way to save face and so now they are just tabling the movie until the news cycle is such that maybe in 2-3 more social online outrages they won’t remember Gunn at all.

A stunning backflip over the shark tank.
Mike Cernovitch literally robbed joy from millions of nerds

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Aug 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Problems with GotG:

I’ll never buy Chris Pratt as a shredded hunky leading man, the same way I don’t really buy Ryan Reynolds as a shredded hunk, he’s always gonna just be Van Wilder and Pratt will always be Andy for me

Drax’s character is so 2-dimensional and still outshines every other cast member, making the whole cast flat.

Groot is too powerful, it’s like “what if Chewbacca were also a shapeshifting Jedi wizard that couldn’t die!?”

For 2018, Rocket Racoon’s CGI is bad for someone who gets as much screentime as he does.

The female warrior princess’s character’s entire arc revolves around men entirely.

That said I liked those movies and I’m sad Gunn’s career got bullied into a dumpster for now.

• Locked thread