Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Wow, that's a real effort OP. I've hear CineD is a really smart forum and it does not disappoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Jimbot posted:

We should all fear for the jobs of famous rich white dudes.

https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1020419941462310912

https://twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1020410870986403840

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Would you say it's a little bit reassuring that Mike has already gone off on several other celebrities with nothing much happening on the scale of Disney firing Gunn.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
At the very least, the alt righters handled this as poorly as possible. The targetting of the Rick and Morty guys made and others made it impossible for them to just pretend it was metoo, and the alt righters who were formally "counter culture" and "anti censorship" now look less cool than ever.

Public meetings of alt righters have been dwindling. Now that they are directly bothering nerds maybe nerds will completely stop tolerating them.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
with cgi you don't even need that photo

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Ace is talking about Disney apologizing for capitulating yo a white supremacist witch hunt, hundu is talking about Gunn making rude jokes.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I mostly see Marvel movies as competent event films that won't offend or bore anyone I go see them with, but I loved the GOTG movies.
They were basically original films, given that they basically were their own stories that just used names, locations, and some personality ideas from the comics. It's clear that Gunn was the magic behind making them happen.
Not going to new Marvel movies, or Star Wars, would not be a huge sacrifice. And it's not like their animated offerings look so great right now either.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
at the very least smg argues from things i feel like i should agree with and takes a hard leftist angle, instead of roleplaying as a 700 club moral guardian

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
So I thought that this is all Alan Horn's fault and he's leaving soon. Is there a reason why it sounds like this won't be reversed?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Slutitution posted:

You don't think Disney deserves any consequences or repercussions for empowering an alt-right fuckwad like Cernovich?

Mike Cernovich is literally a household name now because of Disney.

Botl is actually a big fan of Mike c as far as I can tell, I don't see what other kind of person other than a right wingers would think there's value in talking about what movies are immoral or not.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
At this point I think if the line has to be drawn so that Roseanne would have gotten a free pass in order to prevent something like Gunn's firing, so be it.

People shouldn't go "oh he'll be fine lol", they should think if Gunn can be fired, who else could be next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I'm sure all of those were really immoral, the state and the Conservatives really have our best interests at heart including protecting us from immoral fiction.

• Locked thread