Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Xun posted:

Is there somewhere on SA to talk about the Arenanet thing? I just heard about it but googling about it is a mess because lol gamers

The Internet Personality thread in RGD discussed it pretty well for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Someone somewhere at Disney knew about the tweets, Im sure, but the question isn’t whether anyone at Disney was personally offended, it’s whether anyone at Disney thinks their audience would be offended. The firing isn’t evidence that the higher ups at Disney think James Gunn is a pedophile, the evidence is that they don’t want to employ a dude who wrote a bunch of ironic pedophile tweets that a lot of people are just now seeing for the first time.

And yet Johnny Depp, John Lassiter, etc.

Keep in mind, these men actually did bad actions, not just wrote down bad words.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of the outrage, not expecting Disney to suddenly act positively.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

hypocrisy of who's outrage?

e: whoms?

e2: whomst??

The hypothetical audience who is outraged at this man for making bad jokes but doesn't care about actual criminals

E: VVV You're very bad at reading posts and the context in which they're meant, I was replying to someone

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 25, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hmm unbelievably cowardly 2 edit in a reply instead of posting - especially one that doesn't actually provide a response but not exactly shocking that the guy w/ the epic anti-semetic irony avatar would be v up in arms on this issue.

This av was bought for me by some Nazi, I'm Jewish.

I'm just upset about the Gunn firing and trying to make sense of all this and you're going out of your way to read all of my posts in the most hostile light possible because of my av, loving christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

She absolutely deserved to get fired, her responses were beyond hostile and way over the line.

One bad customer service interaction should not be a fireable offense and it's really dumb to think otherwise.

If anything, this should have been a write up and a coaching on how to better talk to the customer base, there is a whole spectrum of options between "do nothing" and "immediately terminate"

• Locked thread