Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I’m mainly concerned what this will mean for gotg3, could give it to whoever did thor ragnarok I guess? Dunno how much the director actually matters for these movies. Worst case scenario some of the actual actors decide to bail on it out of protest.

The tweets were tasteless (and worse, failed to be funny ) but since he didn’t target or harrass anyone in particular, whatever. Fair to call him out on it but anything more is an overreaction, especially given the timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

If Gunn has made jokes about women, or racist comments, he’d still have his job, but he’s making jokes about little kids while working for the biggest toy company in the world. This is a no brainer for Disney, I just also think it should end with someone throwing a flaming bag of dogshit at Mike and also with Gunn getting another job soon somewhere else.

I think it should be the other way. That’s the difference for me, Roseanne attacked a real person, but who got victimized by Gunn’s lovely tweets? They were offensive to noone in particular.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The obvious replacement for Gunn is the guy who did thor : ragnarok, imo.

• Locked thread