Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Social media is a rot on our society, Disney let right wing pedophile trolls dictate their business decision, and Disney is slowly buying up all of the media creation outlets and can control their messaging and employees like poo poo because they're a billion dollar global corporation that ultimately answers to no one but their share holders.

Burn it all down comrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Disney still gives Johnny Depp works so remember trying to smother your wife and throwing a wine bottle at her head is okay but making bad jokes a decade ago that you apologized for years ago isn't.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m sure Troma will take him back.

What happens when Disney (or whoever in this hypothetical) owns the majority of movie production companies on the planet and someone has a falling out with them and now can't get a job because they own 70% of everything?

Yes yes "whataboutism" but we're talking about a company that is poised to own a lot of the production capabilities of an industry and that is going to have bad consequences for everyone except the stock holders. It's a matter of when in this instance.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Bust Rodd posted:

We also live in a world where taking someone to court over slander accomplishes absolutely nothing except legitimizing the accusations

That's not true, Choboni sued Alex Jones a few years ago because he said they were smuggling illegal immigrants into the country to work in their factory and they settled out of court for money and a public apology/retraction his claims.

• Locked thread