Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This isn't Hollywood, but I can't help but feel that the idea started with Arenanet firing two devs (Summary here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-07-06-arenanet-fires-two-guild-wars-2-writers-over-twitter-exchange-with-youtuber). While I don't think anyone had the intent to get these two devs fired, it did show how conservative companies were to preserve the fragile feelings of their (mostly male) fanbase, even when those devs weren't necessarily acting as representatives of Arenanet, to the extent that talking poo poo back to someone being a dick is grounds for termination?

I guess the root question I have is why the gently caress does anyone use Twitter, especially when it expressly offers preferential service and protections to Nazis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Remember 10 years ago when we didn't live in a country where Nazis were rising in power? Man, good times.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

ricdesi posted:

Also, he already owned up to that stuff years ago. How often, exactly, is one meant to re-up their ownership of jokes made in bad taste?

Apologies need to be renewed every 10 years, like a driver's license. Duh.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Wren610 posted:

People need to stop looking at everything through a political lens.

Why?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

We regret to inform you that Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland will not be directing Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Michael Rooker also quit Twitter in disgust iirc, but unless there are flashback sequences, I doubt he's coming back for Guardians 3.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

The natural evolution of Disney decision making would be to replace James Gunn with a completely uncontroversial director, like Victor Silva.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is Cernovich the one who comes from plantation money?

That's Spencer, unless they both do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

This doesn't relate to Hollywood, but it relates to Marvel. They fired one of their Star Wars (comics) writers for calling shitheads such as convicted felon Dinesh D'souza and Ben Shapiro shitheads.

https://twitter.com/ChuckWendig/sta...r%3D124%23pti21

More info here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-fires-star-wars-writer-chuck-wendig-1151966

• Locked thread