Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
You are not a horrible pet owner. I remember when I was a kid, I was devastated when my cat got cancer and had to be put down. This was decades ago but I still remember it: a family friend knew how upset I was, and told me the white lie that all bodies can and do break down, but the spirit is eternal, so there's a good chance one day a cat, or dog, or bird, some animal will cross my path and it's really my cat, but in a new body. I guess he didn't quite want to use the word reincarnation but it helped.

You are not a horrible pet owner for making the call that had to be made. Out of the dozens of pets in my life, only one of them has ever died peacefully in her sleep (Dixie, an ancient ex-coon hunting dog, who was beaten by her past two or three owners.), and for all the others, I've had to make the call. It's quality of life that is the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread