Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

It's worth noting that Coppola changed the credits of Apocalypse Now to a simple black screen when he heard that a lot of viewers assumed the explosions signify the Kurtz compound being bombed, which went against the point he was trying to make with the ending. Divorced from the narrative, they're undeniably great though.

I also have a soft spot for bloopers being played over the credits, which seemed to happen a lot in comedies during the early 2000s. The ones for Rush Hour 2 are funnier than the film itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Zogo posted:

The ones that I find humorously jarring right now are the ends of Shaw Brothers films where a fight ends and the film ends really abruptly.

My favourite occurence of this is in Legendary Weapons of China, where at some point during the final fight, the heroes decide that they've had enough and walk away. The end.

• Locked thread