Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I always remember having a TV recording of A Christmas Story where the credits went from top to bottom which I don't remember any other film doing.

Timeless Appeal posted:

But more importantly I think there is a necessity to credits that are completely under-appreciated.

Credits are a meditative experience. They're an opportunity for the viewer to decompress and consider the movie they just enjoyed.

I concur.

Timeless Appeal posted:

There is something that always feels amateurish in older films when they just end. You can tell in a lot of earlier film that they know there needs to be some flourish at the end to announce the film is over. Often that comes in the form of music sting or even the words, "THE END" that come off as cheesier than the film that just proceeded it. I get a little bummed at theaters that turn on the lights the second the scroll starts or TV airings that squish the credits. I dedicated some time to this movie, stop trying to rip us away!

Over time I've gotten used to seeing FIN. The ones that I find humorously jarring right now are the ends of Shaw Brothers films where a fight ends and the film ends really abruptly. Two-Lane Blacktop also has an abrupt ending.

I also remember those films that really shatter the fourth wall by showing cameras and crew etc.: The Holy Mountain, Medium Cool, Taste of Cherry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

This is what the first MPAA certificate looks like:

From a John Ford film titled The World Moves On (1934).

• Locked thread