Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Obviously Deadpool had the best opening credits. I really am kind of amazed that DGA, ACE, etc, allowed their members to be removed from getting credit on screen (obviously they're correct on IMDB, etc)

One of my favorite "credit scenes" is New Nightmare, however. Not only does it have no credits at all, it doesn't even have the New Line or Miramax logo cards before the movie. It just starts. On the commentary, Craven talked about how he wanted the movie to just begin, with people not sure that this was the movie or some "turn off your phone" clip or what. Really cool.

Comparing it now to the movies with 7 different studios and finance companies cards beforehand is exceptionally jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Timby posted:

Edit: Apropos of nothing, I've always wondered if there's any truth to the rumor that Chris Tucker did a Rush Hour movie every few years when he needed money because he was functionally illiterate. I know Jackie Chan's pushing to do a fourth one because he wants one last huge American paycheck, but then things stalled when Ratner went down for being a monster.
It's 100% true. If the script involves minimal reading and lots of improv and comedic timing (which he has in spades) he's great in it. cf Fifth Element and Friday.

That's why he hasn't been in anything except a glorified cameo in Silver Linings Playbook in 20 years.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Island Nation posted:

:wtc:With the money he made from the Rush Hour movies if not his prior work, couldn’t he have hired someone to teach him how to read? Choosing to be illiterate has to be one the dumbest moves you can make as a person

He's not illiterate-illiterate, and there's no denying he's very smart. He just doesn't read and memorize really well, so he needs cue cards for everything that isn't improv.

Famously Lil Wayne has never written a single line down, and that dude has like 20 hours of songs.

v v That too. :(

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 12, 2018

• Locked thread