Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

add me to the list of people who missed this when it came out and picked it up from the sale

definitely digging the atmosphere, just got my first neuromod so still very early but excited to see where this goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

theres a second one in the elevator on the way to the arboretum at the end of the game that was lame but in retrospect that may be optional since there are alternate paths to the arboretum at that point in the game

I hit this one right as I went down to the lobby from the arboretum and found the Nightmare sitting right outside the elevator, noped the gently caress back up and then the power cut out. I honestly thought it was a Nightmare specific scripted thing

Speaking of which, I never got the quest to deal with the Nightmare which was a real pain in the rear end. As far as I can tell, he always knows where you are so there's no point hiding, so every time he spawned I just went back to the area I just transitioned from, waited 2 minutes, and then went on my business. It ended up just being super tedious rather than tense or scary in any way.

I really enjoyed the game, but everything after Dahl shows up was kind of awful. At least the Apex Typhon was pretty cool.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Titanfall 2 is the only good FPS campaign of the last....decade? When was the last painkiller game

Wolfenstein was fun, didn’t play 2 so idk how well it held up a second time around

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Prey is `15 bucks this weekend on PC, for anybody curious.

is the dlc on sale?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Is this doom thread now?

I just picked up prey on sale and only got in to the office. How important is it do do all this crafting and finding secrets in this game? Am I going to miss lots of important stuff if I just follow the objective without searching for stuff all over the place? I don't have time to be very thorough and want to get through the story without gimping myself, but feel like I'm going to miss the majority of repair kits and neuromods, but am not sure how big of a deal that is. I'm playing on hard.

Also I don't care too much about spoilers, is there something I should be saving my kits for??

Weapon and repair kits and neuromods become craftable eventually, don’t worry about gimping yourself accidentally

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

BBJoey posted:

The DLC is a really cool concept and I’m having fun but I do hope it gets harder - it’s meant to have roguelike elements but I’m currently 3 runs in, no deaths, and have enough sim points to outfit my next run with like 20 neuromods and every weapon in the game

How are the environments? The dlc sounds cool but what makes games like prey and dishonored awesome are the intricately designed levels, and having a roguelike setup seems to run counter to that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

game got me inspired to reinstall Dishonored 2, I never played the DLC was it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i heard it was good but i havent played it myself

just beat it, I really liked it. Much like Mooncrash they change up the systems just enough to feel interesting but not overwhelming. You get all of your powers upfront, your mana fully recharges all the time, and instead of passive powers like agility or the adrenaline finishers you find bonecharms that give those effects. The last level leans super hard into the lovecraftian side of the setting and it’s awesome. Ends a little abruptly but that’s true of most standalone DLCs I find

• Locked thread