Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Is this doom thread now?

I just picked up prey on sale and only got in to the office. How important is it do do all this crafting and finding secrets in this game? Am I going to miss lots of important stuff if I just follow the objective without searching for stuff all over the place? I don't have time to be very thorough and want to get through the story without gimping myself, but feel like I'm going to miss the majority of repair kits and neuromods, but am not sure how big of a deal that is. I'm playing on hard.

Also I don't care too much about spoilers, is there something I should be saving my kits for??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Weapon and repair kits and neuromods become craftable eventually, don’t worry about gimping yourself accidentally

Okay cool to know, the repair kits im referring to are the ones for fixing recyclers for example. But if I can just craft neuromods and stuff later on then I feel a bit better about being able to miss some stuff. Really looking the game so far. It's more creepy than I thought it would be and I'm legit scared for my life and my turret is my only friend

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Ragg posted:

This game is stupid. I just glue the monsters and stunlock them with the wrench and they stop animating like the Skyrim giant. There's too much loot and I don't wanna craft a bunch of crap.

You can collect all the flowers an d rotten banana peels and limes to create little cubes that are used as currency at the vending machine

• Locked thread