Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fredrik1 posted:

Prey is amazing and one of my favourite games.

yes. maybe my favourite game of the last five years. close between it and witcher 3. i hope arkane does a deus ex-like, after putting out such loving cool thief and system shock-likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Willie Tomg posted:

turrets super suck past the 25% mark of the game, the Forbidden Powers are the best, and this is pretty much the only comprehensive guide to the game you'll need:

the game gets downright silly by the end, and its Good

Combat focus is non alien and is loving broken but otherwise yeah

Also the new antagonist at three quarters of the way through the game who was a bad early 90s action film antagonist was funny... I wish they'd had him come on a military ship that would be its own area ala the Rickenbakker in System Shock 2 so we'd have some totally different areas to explore later on rather than having to backtrack - the repetition at that point is my only major criticism of this masterpiece

Edit or maybe had the simulation start getting loving weird by having it break down with more of it being replaced by poo poo drawn from the alien's own psychology. That woulda also been cool. But limited budget and all that

• Locked thread