Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I like how one of the shooting galleries is Shoot Tetris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Also, looking at the radio echos, stuff like ethics and morality was very deep down Moebius' priority list when picking operatives.
1) must be willing to obey orders & shoot civilians
2) should not be missed by many people, so assholes are preferred
3) should look good in black (and the red of their own blood).

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I like the blood-red insides of the gloves on the MOBIUS uniform. Very symbolic.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I ended up playing through this game nearly 4 times to get the Platinum and I never knew there was a scene with the woman in that house. I only remember running into her on the last playthrough, but after shooting the enemies around her when I went to the house she runs into the door just gave me the locked animation so I moved on.

Some advice to anyone wanting to get the trophy for having all of the weapons. Don't go through and unlock all of the weapons on your Survival playthrough because one of the weapons you need for that trophy is a reward for beating the game on Nightmare. You have to get all of the weapons on the same save where you beat the game on Nightmare or higher.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
This game, and most horror stories in general, really like throwing around the term Psychopath to be interchangable with Serial Killer, and it's not the only mental illness treated that way (see Split for the same treatment of a DID sufferer). It's really disappointing that the term is still thrown around about as badly as "retard" used to be in the late 20th century, because all it does is increase the stigma towards personality disorders.

Psychopaths have a key thing - they cannot feel empathy (where as medical professionals are concerned a sociopath learns to ignore it - "Psychopaths are born, Sociopaths are Made" is the common phrase). That doesn't automatically mean that they are dangerous, simply that they don't feel guilt. However many of them still understand how people react to things and often are able to "learn" empathy in that way, as a mechanical process. I have a friend who has it themselves, and they go out of their way to Understand how people are and do their best to treat people well. As a result of the lack of empathy, that also, in their case, means that they don't exclude people or suffer -isms (racism, sexism etc) as massively - they can pick and choose who to care about. It also makes them more sensitive in other ways, they've mentioned to me that they tend to do all they can to keep the friends they do have, so they are just as susceptible to peer pressure.

Also they tend to be a bit sensitive to if they offend me possibly as a result of the psychopathy - often a sarcastic apology makes them think that I think that I've accidentally offended them when I don't and I haven't.

Basically, this photographer isn't a killer because he's a psychopath, he's a killer because he's an rear end in a top hat.

Also a key thing when discussing it is that not everyone distinguishes between psycho- and sociopath in the medical way - I accidentally offended my friend using the latter flippantly, because I knew they identified as the former, but didn't know they used the terms interchangably - once we realised the misunderstanding we were able to resolve it and file that away for future reference.

Addendum: My friend pointed out I missed something important: Psychopathy is primarily categorized by a lack of empathy, but it doesn't mean someone is without morals or incapable of showing care or affection.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 15, 2018

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is this LP still going?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately it's fallen by the wayside due to a lot of IRL happenings and changes to my general schedule. It'll be coming back this week most likely! I just traded off being busy and sick and didn't have any kind of backlog. But that's a mistake I will do my best to correct in the future, just so I have stuff to post in case it happens again.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I have been itching to holler about TEW2 getting ripped out of the funhouse mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually, after some deep thought and navel gazing I think I'm gonna put this one on the backburner. I really love this game, but I'm having a hard time doing good and interested commentary on it. I've tried the next episode a couple times and given up halfway through both times because I didn't like how it was turning out. It's already so delayed that the tension is probably gone for people who were watching it week-to-week unfortunately. So, I might as well let it go until I have all the room for it I need in my schedule. I'm keeping all my footage and stuff so I won't call it abandoned yet, but for now there won't be any further updates to it. Someday it'll probably be back!