Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Yeah agreed. He genuinely feels bad but his attempts to relieve his guilt are not what Saul wants to be dealing with now.

Really interesting story arc imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The marriage thing makes some sense to me - Kim can't trust Jimmy's word anymore, she needs it in writing.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This has been a stellar season so far.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

christmas boots posted:

It does explain why she'd have to use the vacuum man
That probably makes the most sense given that Saul is intimately familiar with his services by Breaking Bad.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
You can explore a character's motives without saying they're doing good things and deserve to succeed

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'd like to see another spinoff just because the writing team obviously has a good thing going and it'd be cool if they could stay together. Fring would be the obvious candidate.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Howard noticing Jimmy was loving with him and hiring a PI was the whole point of the plan.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

OctaviusBeaver posted:

If you can drug him by handing him a damp piece of paper then the rest of the scheme is pointless. Just give him drugs and he'll act weird at the hearing, why bother with the country club and fake bribe? They didn't play on his character flaws like with Chuck or the Mesa Verde guy, they just drugged him so he freaked out. It's a court room super weapon but I predict it will never come up again.

It's not the worst plot point ever, but after 6 episodes of build up it felt like a let down.
The drug on its own would not have done anything significant, they just applied a bit more pressure and provided some supporting evidence by dilating his pupils. The other scams were necessary to make Howard call a detective in the first place, to make sure he knew that Kim and Saul were working against him so he'd accuse them and be seen as a paranoid mess, and also to plant doubts in the mind of his partner.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
She did wrong and she acknowledged that by coming clean about everything

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I think it was accurate when she said in season 6 that they encourage each other to go further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
The idea that your mild-mannered chemistry teacher friend who's dying of cancer has metamorphised into a ruthless druglord in his retirement is so inherently ridiculous that I can believe Hank never seriously considered it, even if there were times when he should have done.