Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
That final season of BCS was an absolute masterclass. They managed to cram a TON of stuff into the final six episodes without ever making the cuts back and forth seem jarring. I felt that the black and white scheme of the future scenes....for whatever reason....just worked. Loved that they managed to feature some scenes with characters from BB....that not only felt natural.....but felt that they contributed in a big way towards tieing pre-Heisenberg Saul to post-Heisenberg Saul.

Just an all around brilliant ending to the show.....that personally......I feel exceeded the show it spun off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

I didn't realize how many Emmy's this has been nominated for.....without winning a single one. Have to think they break the glass here.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

I know award shows are a joke but giving one of the greatest shows the most Emmy losses ever is on another level. Giving the bad seasons of Game of Thrones the Best Drama win over it four times looks even worse now.

Such a joke. And don't get me wrong....I love GoT. But BCS getting snubbed year after year is ridiculous. Then again.....I stopped watching/caring about award shows (Emmys, Oscars, Grammys) around a decade ago. These award shows are basically just popularity contests.

Gaius Marius posted:

The sad part is that while TV has always been a bastard medium absolutely drowning in garbage the death of cable networks and the pivot of streamers from "prestige" to courting nerd culture the same way Film did ten years ago has all but assured us that in both the foreseeable and unforeseeable future the Televised medium is effectively dead. This could have been their last chance to grab what tiny fragments of prestige were available by honoring one of the few shows that managed to rise beyond its failed medium.

Wut....

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Unfortunately streaming looks to be morphing into network television, what with even the paid tiers introducing adverts and the fear of creativity that comes with that. While I doubt it's going to get as bad as pre-Sopranos TV was, it's probably going to get worse than it has been.

Here's David Chase talking about it.

For the past five years or so.....I'd argue that there is more good television/streaming shows than there is time to watch it all. I'm not concerned about a pullback. There are still going to be plenty of good shows being made.

Also....on the note of BCS....I started watching 'Lucky Hank'. Ancillary characters are pretty weak......fortunately Bob Odenkirk is good enough to float the boat.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jan 30, 2024

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Cat Hassler posted:

Bob Odenkirk played Andy Dick’s lawyer in a few episodes of The Andy Dick Show which was on MTV2 I think. Like 2001 or so

It was basically proto-Saul Goodman

The show doesn’t seem to be online anywhere which is good because gently caress Andy Dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn9HVuhSodU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, well, about that show....

Also, anyone who's interested in seeing more intense Odenkirk, check out The Bear. It's a really great show, and while he's barely in it, the Christmas dinner scene is insane.

Is there a thread on 'Lucky Hank' anywhere?

And I have watched both seasons of 'The Bear'. It's very good. And I still don't seem to like it as much as some people.