Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

gently caress the villa imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
they get a fifteen foot trophy for third place in the championship?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

XBenedict posted:

It's only right and proper. Villa belong in the Prem, imo.

The Premiership needs big clubs imo, like Villa and Leeds.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Says it all, really.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Smell ya later championship thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
derby seemed a lot better after huddlestone went off

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Will Villa have any money to buy better players this summer?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

They’re going straight back down if they don’t.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

brasstassels posted:

they get a fifteen foot trophy for third place in the championship?

Nah that would be ridiculous. They get it for 5th place.

Well done Villa, I wanted to see you get hosed by FFP but then by all accounts you were very pleasant to Norwich when we won the league at Villa Park so now I don't know what to think.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

They’re going straight back down if they don’t.

Yeah, without question

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

trem_two posted:

They managed to find another couple of billionaires after the last two didn't work out

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Oh well, at least it wasn't Leeds. Good luck in the prem Villa.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

trem_two posted:

Our owners are rich as gently caress, but it's a matter of FFP. I don't know how that changes now we're back in the Premier League

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

derby seemed a lot better after huddlestone went off

he had 5 fouls in the first 35-40 minutes, he was pretty useless without the ball

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Our owners are rich as gently caress, but it's a matter of FFP. I don't know how that changes now we're back in the Premier League

You're fine. Bullet dodged. EFL can't touch you unless you get relegated.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

trem_two posted:

I thought Wilson was supposed to be some sort of hot poo poo. He's had no impact on this match at all.

Liverpool fans who have never seen him play seem to think he's good enough for them lol

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Looks like Frank Lampard's Derby County will be spending another season in the championship relying on his connections to get them loan players while the media makes excuses for him week after week

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

trem_two posted:

I just turned on the League Two playoff final right at the coin toss for ET, and I assumed the guy out there for Tranmere was some assistant coach or something, but nope, he's the CB and captain
https://twitter.com/MikeMcCall/status/1132315043125714944

Mcnulty actually looks like he has slimmed down a bit there:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

TelekineticBear! posted:

Liverpool fans who have never seen him play seem to think he's good enough for them lol

I'll have you know I've watched several YouTube compilations.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I like Grealish and how he annoys so many people. Heaven forbid there's an English(?) midfielder with a little flair and creativity instead of being a dull plodder.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Frankston posted:

Clubs are allowed to lose a lot more in PL years than they are in FL ones. Promotion is effectively "worth" not just the publicised £170m but also another ~£15/25m a year in what your sugar daddy is allowed to waste on you before sanctions.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Monday Bandele posted:

I like Grealish and how he annoys so many people. Heaven forbid there's an English(?) midfielder with a little flair and creativity instead of being a dull plodder.

He's a massive crybaby twat and he needs to pull his socks up

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Suntoucher posted:

He's a massive crybaby twat and he needs to pull his socks up

He's the kind of twat everyone loves on their team

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Hardflip posted:

He's the kind of twat everyone loves on their team

No doubt, I get why villa fans worship him and as you say, I'd kill for someone like him at the Hawthorns. I think he will do well in the prem too as much as I'd love to see him exposed as a fraud

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The better team won, kinda glad Villa made it in the end as they absolutely humiliated us twice this season and i'd rather not a repeat of that. Also, lol Derby, let's see how you do without all those loan players :)

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

The better team won, kinda glad Villa made it in the end as they absolutely humiliated us twice this season and i'd rather not a repeat of that. Also, lol Derby, let's see how you do without all those loan players :)

We're hosed mate lol

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Suntoucher posted:

No doubt, I get why villa fans worship him and as you say, I'd kill for someone like him at the Hawthorns. I think he will do well in the prem too as much as I'd love to see him exposed as a fraud

It's more that he's a Villa fan and has been at the club since he was 6, but yeah the fact that he's also a very good footballer certainly helps too.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

The Deleter posted:

We're hosed mate lol

At least you made the playoffs, we just bottled it big time. Now we're going to sue you and I don't know what the gently caress Steve Gibson thinks he's going to gain by doing that, we're going to be hated by every other Championship club next season, we should have just painted a massive target on our backs.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Dell_Zincht posted:

At least you made the playoffs, we just bottled it big time. Now we're going to sue you and I don't know what the gently caress Steve Gibson thinks he's going to gain by doing that, we're going to be hated by every other Championship club next season, we should have just painted a massive target on our backs.

It's a psyche out tactic, I'd be surprised if it went through even if candy crush man did some funny things with money. It's gonna be the least of our worries next season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Grealish needs to work on his end product.

Won't get as much time and as many chances in the Prem.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I don't know where else to post about this (lol nowhere) but I watched that first season of Sunderland Til I Die show on Netflix right as Sunderland failed to win the playoff for advancement out of League 1 (lol) and man did it make me mad the way they talked about Jack Rodwell. Sunderland: "he should have abandoned his expensive contract so we didn't have to pay him." Also Sunderland: "owned by a literal billionaire who refuses to invest a single loving cent into the transfer market as the team drops two consecutive divisions." gently caress Sunderland, I hope they stay down forever.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I don't know where else to post about this (lol nowhere) but I watched that first season of Sunderland Til I Die show on Netflix right as Sunderland failed to win the playoff for advancement out of League 1 (lol) and man did it make me mad the way they talked about Jack Rodwell. Sunderland: "he should have abandoned his expensive contract so we didn't have to pay him." Also Sunderland: "owned by a literal billionaire who refuses to invest a single loving cent into the transfer market as the team drops two consecutive divisions." gently caress Sunderland, I hope they stay down forever.

'ABANDON YOUR INCOME FOR THE GOOD OF THE FANBASE THAT HATES YOU!"

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

XBenedict posted:

"ABANDON YOUR INCOME FOR THE GOOD OF THE FANBASE THAT HATES YOU!"

Just absolutely boneheaded. "We really wish he'd stop cashing our paychecks" isn't how sports contracts work, and while it might have ended up an albatross around the team's neck, the die was cast when you wrote it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Some suspicious betting patterns backing Terry Henry to be new Swans boss.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Just absolutely boneheaded. "We really wish he'd stop cashing our paychecks" isn't how sports contracts work, and while it might have ended up an albatross around the team's neck, the die was cast when you wrote it.

Yeah but he was a premier League player and now he's playing for Blackburn in the championship after sitting around for 2 years and his new fans hate him, maybe he's just a oval office.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

reminder: there's going to be a second season of Sunderland Til I Die that will include that playoff loss. (and if you haven't seen the first season, watch it.)

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Troy Queef posted:

reminder: there's going to be a second season of Sunderland Til I Die that will include that playoff loss. (and if you haven't seen the first season, watch it.)

what we need is a new summer of jozy

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

fat gay nonce posted:

Yeah but he was a premier League player and now he's playing for Blackburn in the championship after sitting around for 2 years and his new fans hate him, maybe he's just a oval office.

For the wages he was on they could call me a oval office all day long tbh

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Troy Queef posted:

I'm looking quite forward to seeing their crushed little faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/1135665322235768832?s=19