Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I.N.R.I posted:

kinda preachy. theres more to life than sitting on a throne with a girl on each arm

thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can't play this at all today and it's all I can think about.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
The Mulana 2

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Kujata was loving hard.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sivek posted:

Kujata was loving hard.

LMfao just wait until Jormungandr

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Can't help but laugh when some especially sadistic trap kills me and I lose a bunch of progress.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Same, theres even some traps that are specifically made to gently caress La-Mulana 1 players, its great.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Can't believe there are haters in here because of some dumb dialogue in a game that is almost entirely about exploration

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr. Sophistication posted:

Can't believe there are haters in here because of some dumb dialogue in a game that is almost entirely about exploration
I was joking mostly, although that particular dialogue did trigger my gbs hate rage. The game is fun as heck though. I'll probably stream a new play though of it tonight if Bob's not streaming.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The only dialogue i have a problem with in this game is some of the Kickstarter Backer corpse dialogue but I can get over it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

The only dialogue i have a problem with in this game is some of the Kickstarter Backer corpse dialogue but I can get over it

What the hell goes through developers minds that makes them think it would be totally cool to have random weirdos put dialogue or characters or whatever in their games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mr. Sophistication posted:

What the hell goes through developers minds that makes them think it would be totally cool to have random weirdos put dialogue or characters or whatever in their games

$

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Sigh.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That’s the way it goes homie.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I have three ankh jewels but can't find a boss to fight.

:whitewater:

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

just got to Jormungandr

haha what the gently caress

might have to buy the gun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't made progress in 5 hours and i feel like a tard

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Made a bunch of progress then got stuck again...this one is way harder than the 1st to me.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

yeah, it's way harder to me, too.

puzzles are definitely more manageable but bosses and mini-bosses are much more difficult.

combine that with the game feeling massive and i've spent a ton of time trying to figure out where to go next, especially since i'm trying to use as little help as possible.

currently have beaten four guardians and have 3 or 4 more anhk jewels and about 2/3 of the inventory filled out and have no clue what i should be doing next.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

the Hraesvelgr fight is badass

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Theres nothing way cool like translating the number system and using it to solve the enternal corridor yet but as a whole I think the puzzles in this game are way better. Lots of cool stuff like praying to anu or the puzzle to get the chain whip

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Eternal Prison is hosed up and I'm not sure if I should even be here but I want to push through and see what's at the end.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Just got the axe they did it dirty in this game.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

drat, do you really need to grind a thousand gold for the harp?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

lol, think it might be time for a patch. my last couple of hours playing:

Opened up a key fairy chest and it was empty.

double ko'ing a boss lets you keep playing

your body stays in the dead pose but you can still double jump and teleport and stuff

another boss fell through the floor

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 6, 2018

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Yeah, theres a couple of ways to soft lock your game in this too, like not talking to Frey before he's replaced by Freya, or warping out in the middle of miniboss fights. Luckily I've avoided that. Now I just got 2 more Guardians to go, games great.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Just lost 1000g on a useless item (that I didn't know was useless until after I saved). Of all the traps in the game, this one hurts the most.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Just lost 1000g on a useless item (that I didn't know was useless until after I saved). Of all the traps in the game, this one hurts the most.
lmfao. I need to find time to play this already.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm near the end just need to figure things out...some poo poo in this game is beyond frustrating

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm near the end just need to figure things out...some poo poo in this game is beyond frustrating

I've been stuck in the underworld for the last 5 hours of my playtime.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
False alarm, the item wasn't useless. Maybe.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat the game, and while I have a ton of problems with it I can't be too hard on it because there really are no other games like this and the original. I think I prefer the original, but the structure of this one makes it a lot more replay friendly so I will definitely revisit in the (far) future.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I only just beat Kujata and its a pretty interesting and weird departure to lock exploration and crucial items behind the boss fights, there was a little of that in the first, but nothing as blatant as getting a chest directly after a fight or doors that specifically open after you've beaten a certain number of bosses.

also: are there more ankh crystals than bosses or is it necessary to buy them as they appear in the shop?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im not sure but Im flush with ankh crystals so probably not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

also: are there more ankh crystals than bosses or is it necessary to buy them as they appear in the shop?

There's exactly enough crystals for the bosses, the store ones aren't optional.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Already getting La-Mulana withdrawal. Also I was disappointed that (kinda big spoiler i guess)the 4th Children don't show up at all. After seeing the chimeras of the 5th Children I really wanted to see what the 4th Children look like.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm having a tough time with the boss fights, they're not hard as such, but they all have to seem blindspots where you can kinda just lob a lot of subweapons at them and melt them really fast with little opposition, seems like the best way to beat a lot of them is through cheesy tactics and its not very satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Thats how i remember a lot of the boss fights in 1 being tbh esp once you got the gun

• Locked thread