Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The best game of this year comes out in 3 hours. Im going to try beating it without looking at any guides using just my own handwritten notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

No sorry, its a steam indie treasure

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Why dont you take your trolling loving right out of this thread.. La Mulana 2 is better than anything than Microsuck could put out on their AIDS console

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The first one was made as a love letter to old school MSX exploration games, so it was trying to keep a lot of the bullshit puzzles but instead of just making them completely secret, they just put in really cryptic clues for the solution, ex. to set the tone, one of the most important items in the game has you walk through a wall and youll probably have spent 15 minutes trying to get the item from the next screen over where its just barely out of reach. So if you want to avoid guides, you have to take obsessive notes about everything because the riddles just get harder from there. It makes you feel like indiana jones when you figure things out

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah its on PC. You can also get the original for free, its not that much different

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its not shameful to use a walkthrough for this game but the people who made it through the chamber of birth without looking things up are gaming gods

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I would kill to have my memory of la mulana removed and play it again without guides though. After I broke and started following a walkthrough it was a series of nonstop moments where I thought "wow. That probably would have owned to figure out on my own"

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Online manual: https://la-mulana.com/en/manual/l2/pc/index.php

Theres some minor stuff in there but a big one is that it autosaves right before fighting guardians so you dont have to do a boss run every time.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

drat, rolling out the fark.com burns. U got stairs in ur house bro? You gonna gently caress some gentleman and a scholars up? lmfao epic

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lol at the first puzzles in the second area where they just tell you exactly what to do, I wonder what happened during playtesting for them to ease up there

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I opened up the second area and then opened up 3 more. Its finally la mulana

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sivek posted:

Kujata was loving hard.

LMfao just wait until Jormungandr

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Theres nothing way cool like translating the number system and using it to solve the enternal corridor yet but as a whole I think the puzzles in this game are way better. Lots of cool stuff like praying to anu or the puzzle to get the chain whip

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im not sure but Im flush with ankh crystals so probably not.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The minibosses arent bad, just mostly unmemorable except for maybe the ice cube boss. Spikes are the real enemy in this game and I hate them.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah Im putting the game on ice until I know its relatively bug free, since I hate not knowing if the game glitched or if something is deliberately obscure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Is it on Xbox?

Update, they just announced that this would be released for all consoles in early 2019

• Locked thread