Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

In the first game, one of the puzzles involves equipping a statue and getting it knocked up. I can't wait to get home from work in a few hours so I can start playing this.

It's the type of game you need to take irl notes though if don't want to constantly look up a guide. It's more like Myst or something than a metroidvania, even though it gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to the order of doing stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Fiend Matador posted:

the opening bit was pretty slow but i really enjoyed the first proper zone. ive already found the paths to like 5 different areas and a bunch of boss encounters

yeah, agree about the beginning section being too slow and empty but now I'm in the ruins proper and it feels like the original.

also game seems really blurry for whatever reason.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Kujata was loving hard.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I have three ankh jewels but can't find a boss to fight.

:whitewater:

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

just got to Jormungandr

haha what the gently caress

might have to buy the gun

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

yeah, it's way harder to me, too.

puzzles are definitely more manageable but bosses and mini-bosses are much more difficult.

combine that with the game feeling massive and i've spent a ton of time trying to figure out where to go next, especially since i'm trying to use as little help as possible.

currently have beaten four guardians and have 3 or 4 more anhk jewels and about 2/3 of the inventory filled out and have no clue what i should be doing next.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Just got the axe they did it dirty in this game.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

drat, do you really need to grind a thousand gold for the harp?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

lol, think it might be time for a patch. my last couple of hours playing:

Opened up a key fairy chest and it was empty.

double ko'ing a boss lets you keep playing

your body stays in the dead pose but you can still double jump and teleport and stuff

another boss fell through the floor

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 6, 2018

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm near the end just need to figure things out...some poo poo in this game is beyond frustrating

I've been stuck in the underworld for the last 5 hours of my playtime.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I wish I beat this game a day ago instead of stopping right before the last area. I've done the run back to the last boss 3 times and it's annoying, even with the shortcut unlocked. Apparently last boss has more hp and lasers now. Really don't like the level scaling or whatever it is with areas getting a ton of more enemies as you progress, makes navigating areas a huge pain. Should've patched that poo poo out instead of giving bosses more hp.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

seriously, falling into that fenrir spiked wall room in spiral hell makes me mad as gently caress.

new patch also got rid of the feather sequence break...what the gently caress nigoro?

Sivek fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

there's a shortcut AND a save tablet in spiral hell

Where's the tablet? I'm an idiot. I found the shortcut before the fenrir spike room.

nevermind, found it by intentionally jumping into a pit.

beat the game, it's good but the second half of the game was super frustrating. About halfway through I was thinking about immediately replaying it but I'm probably going to take some time off before I play it again. I hope they balance some of the more annoying aspects, mainly removing the add more enemies as you progress stuff. Doing the Ancient Chaos tower section was way overboard when it comes to enemy density and they respawn while still in the room on top of that.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 11, 2018

• Locked thread