Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ackwastaken
May 10, 2016
Since folks were reading Warlock for the July 2018 BotM, I figured why not ask this.

Where can I find Weird Westerns? It's a genre that never gets much love, but I've always been a fan. What are collections, newsletters, websites, publications that feature and highlight novels, novellas, and short stories of the Weird Western genre? I want steampunk cowboys fighting dinosaurs and vampire cattle rustlers who must fend off werewolves with hunting knives. Where can I find a wagon train trying to outrun a host of buffalo-riding demons? Where can I find death, depravity, and the horror of long dead gunslingers locked in eternal duels under a blazing desert sun?

Also, do you have any recommendations? I've been a fan of Robert E. Howard's various works for years, and even Louis L'Amour dabbled with the weird at one point. Are there any pinnacles of this bizarre and seemingly forgotten subtype of genre work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ackwastaken
May 10, 2016
Hey Ccs, after reading the description, I'm definitely checking this out and have already ordered it. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Locked thread