Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/1150189248684929024?s=21

Omar to will always go to bat for Ritchie despite the fact that he is also crazy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

didn't icognito go into a funeral home and demand access to his dad's body so he could cut his head off, and then when he was denied he threatened to shoot everyone?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I have no idea but I 100% believe it.

In other news, Jim Caldwell has taken a medical leave of absence for a year, which sounds super not good.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

didn't icognito go into a funeral home and demand access to his dad's body so he could cut his head off, and then when he was denied he threatened to shoot everyone?

Yup. He also sexually assaulted a volunteer at a charity golf tournament and threw a bottle of water in her face.

Omar Kelly has kind of built his career over being a half-dumb contrarian guy, and I think it's largely an act but this is a pretty hot take even for him.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

personally i wish the dolphins had more violently insane meathead dipshits protecting their quarterback

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

(In Dan Campbell voice) "I don't care if you shoot up a funeral home and desecrate a corpse, fine. loving BLOCK FOR ME!"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Yeah that's what the suspension that was just handed down is based on. Well, that and attacking a random guy at the gym while accusing him of being a CIA spy

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What if he was

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jonathan Fisk posted:

What if he was

if that were the case, i bet he was pretty embarrassed to be unmasked by a deranged, CTE-ridden football guy

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I think he threatened to kill his grandmother too, but I might be misremembering.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

look, all he needs to do is block

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

“Incognito did nothing wrong” is quite the spicy take :eyepop:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Docjowles posted:

“Incognito did nothing wrong” is quite the spicy take :eyepop:

There's a lot of dumb Dolphins fans who thought he got a raw deal in Miami and will pretty consistently ignore everything else.

Meanwhile even if he wasn't a huge piece of poo poo he'd have been out the door either way, as good as he proved to be in Buffalo he's very scheme specific and the Dolphins holding on to him to run a bunch of outside zone would have been a mess.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

My last and final take on Incognito is that the Raiders, being the halfway house of the NFL, are uniquely positioned to help reintroduce him to society.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1150762118989385733

It's nice that the Dolphins have a LT good enough that they can slide their protection scheme away from Khalil Mack, but unfortunately the rest of the guys suck so much that's rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah Tunsil is a beast. A line is only as good as it's weakest link though, unfortunately. That's not strictly true but it's mostly true.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I'm pretty confident the Dolphins OL coaches(Flaherty and DeGuglielmo) could have put together a solid line on a shoe-string budget this year, but they didn't really even seem that interested in doing that much- they just basically said gently caress it and drafted a guy and just are rolling with whatever garbage they had or got for dirt cheap besides Deiter.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's almost as if they're trying to lose.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the miami dolphins QB battle is just a race to see who ends up in wheelchair first

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

CubanMissile posted:

It's almost as if they're trying to lose.

Maybe it's pedantic, but I think it's less about trying to lose in the "tank for Tu'a" sense when they're aiming for 2-3 wins than it is them trying to prevent a fluky unexpectedly successful season that means they're spending a fortune trading for the #2 or #3 QB or whatever. You've got the potential for a new coach bump, and already had a team pull off some fluky wins last year.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

He had to retrieve the samizdat from the brain cavity. Lives were at stake.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Catfish Noodlin posted:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1150762118989385733

It's nice that the Dolphins have a LT good enough that they can slide their protection scheme away from Khalil Mack, but unfortunately the rest of the guys suck so much that's rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

It's a shame he lost out on millions of dollars to begin his career because someone leaked a video of him smoking 3 hours before he got mega paid.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Did they ever determine who did it?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

the dolphins did it, obviously

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Play posted:

the dolphins did it, obviously

Please. That would be a smart move and this is the Dolphins.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it was me

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I watched the SB Nation series sort of based around the whole thing, "Foul Play: Paid in Mississippi" and it seems like it's tied into the Ole Miss - Mississippi State Rivalry, and backers for each school that gave kids money under the table. That was last year though, so I can't remember if they specify who did it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I was under the impression that Tunsil thought it was some sort of financial adviser he ended up firing before the draft, they also leaked pictures of him trying to get money to pay for his mom's rent while he was in college.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
didn't the dolphins do the same poo poo to marino

always look for who benefited most

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I feel like the Dolphins would be taking a massive leap of faith that releasing the video means that he falls to them. Revenge thing by a fired hanger on rings truer.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

The video and the screenshot were released from Tunsil's own twitter and instagram- not only would they have had to be the only team to discover the information and then be able to quietly do enough research to be comfortable taking him, but they'd have had to hack his social media too.

Meanwhile at the time Tunsil was drafted Mike Tannenbaum was in charge, and the team was pretty much constantly making GBS threads the bed when it came to doing their due diligence on players- moreso free agents than draft picks, but still, it seems suspect that they were going to pull anything like this off. It was almost certainly just dumb luck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Tannenbaum actually had a few very good draft picks with the Jets. I think overall he was a bad GM but i've also seen worse and he deserves credit for drafting Mangold, Harris, Brick and of course Revis.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeah I didn't actually think the Dolphins did it, like someone else said that's not on brand because it's way too clever. Would've been funny if they did though, and they were actually smart to pounce on the opportunity

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Tannenbaum actually had a few very good draft picks with the Jets. I think overall he was a bad GM but i've also seen worse and he deserves credit for drafting Mangold, Harris, Brick and of course Revis.

I think he's a pretty good drafter. I mean, look at this:

2016 1 Laremy Tunsil
2016 2 Xavien Howard
2016 3 Kenyan Drake
2016 3 Leonte Carroo
2016 6 Jakeem Grant
2016 6 Jordan Lucas
2016 7 Brandon Doughty
2016 7 Thomas Duarte

It's hard to tell what influence was Mike Tannenbaum and what was Chris Grier at that point, but that's probably got to be a top 10 draft in the last 5 years or so.

I think where he really sucked poo poo was in terms of free agency and retention. There was some real wild poo poo in there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1153683794194522112

Why are they doing this poo poo again? New GM and same stupidity in getting their high first rounder signed?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1153683794194522112

Why are they doing this poo poo again? New GM and same stupidity in getting their high first rounder signed?

Stating the obvious here, but it's ownership.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Stating the obvious here, but it's ownership.

I have a hard time believing that ownership cares about these little offset language issues or % of deferrals. It's such nothing issues.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I have a hard time believing that ownership cares about these little offset language issues or % of deferrals. It's such nothing issues.

Money being paid this year instead of next year is money the owner pays this year instead of next year. It directly impacts his ability to buy new trump-branded ivory backscratchers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Well training camp starts on Wednesday. Don't really care what's happening before that but if he isn't there on Day 1 because of this then yeah, that's when I start going lol Jets again. This is your, what number 3 overall pick? What is the benefit of doing this?

Just make sure he's in camp when it starts imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Who else from the 1st round is unsigned? Bosa and Quinnen and a couple others I think. I’ll wait until camp actually starts before I start pitchforking.