Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
The only argument against just starting him and continuing to rebuild with high draft picks is the possibility of utterly destroying his confidence permanently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

More athletic and agile than Mike Evans? Just based on combine stats? I mean liked him as a player too but Evans is top 5 pass catcher in the NFL...

Aren’t combine stats for that very purpose? Determining things like who is faster who is more agile?

I’m not sure how much it matters tbh. We got another guy in the 4th named Smythe who will shock people. He’s a fantastic blocker.

Every day they are giving Gesicki blitz looks that are destroying him, but better in practice than in a game. I just feel like it’ll happen in the game a bunch if he’s sent out there

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 3, 2018

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Omar Kelly and Jordan Phillips are arguing via twitter because Omar is a 42 year old man trolling 23 yo athletes

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Play posted:

The only argument against just starting him and continuing to rebuild with high draft picks is the possibility of utterly destroying his confidence permanently

That didn't stop this coaching staff from keeping Peterman in the game after he threw his fourth interception against the Chargers.

If he's not ready then don’t play him but I find it hard to imagine they won’t give him a start when the Bills are 3-10 in December.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
X. Howard has been absolutely amazing in camp. Three picks yesterday, one of which Gase blamed the QB...

Except against Kenny Stills. He’s whooped his rear end.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

X. Howard has been absolutely amazing in camp. Three picks yesterday, one of which Gase blamed the QB...

Except against Kenny Stills. He’s whooped his rear end.

Woo, 8-8 ho!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m really really excited about this secondary’s potential. Howard has flashed elite ability a few times in his starting duty (most notably in the 2 picks with Brady) and McCain is fantastic.

Howard has made a lot of mistakes as well, but this season he looks like he’s vastly improved.

Add in Reshad Jones and Minkah Fitz... phew good luck throwing on them!!!

Teams will just throw all over our LBs. gently caress.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I worry our pass rush is gonna fall off a cliff

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

I worry our pass rush is gonna fall off a cliff

coverage sacks

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

coverage sacks

Are things that happens when your linebackers can prevent simple dump offs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Let’s hope one of our two new Ohio State linebackers will be decent at coverage

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Got my tickets for the Nov 11 game in Green Bay. By the time it rolls around, I'll either hate Gase and be wanting a shot at him on the sidelines, or love him and want a shot at him on the sidelines.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Bryce Petty stole some first team reps from Tannehill

Maybe they were lining him up at receiver?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Play posted:

If he's a guy who is going to be mentally destroyed by throwing a few picks or losing a few games, chances are he isn't going to be good.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Aren’t combine stats for that very purpose? Determining things like who is faster who is more agile?

I’m not sure how much it matters tbh. We got another guy in the 4th named Smythe who will shock people. He’s a fantastic blocker.

Every day they are giving Gesicki blitz looks that are destroying him, but better in practice than in a game. I just feel like it’ll happen in the game a bunch if he’s sent out there

He shouldn't be used as anything more than a chip blocker in games....

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Raku posted:

Bryce Petty stole some first team reps from Tannehill

Maybe they were lining him up at receiver?

He’s our 4th QB. Gotta get him in there!!!

But seriously where’d you see that? I wonder why

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Looks like he got exactly one rep lol

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1025380048814202885

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1025380369934311425

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mike Gesicki is making GBS threads all over our LB's and safeties in red zone work today

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I saw he schooled Jones just by outjumping him

Gesicki is like the ultimate boom or bust TE so ya know it’s Miami he’ll bust

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I would be absolutely thrilled if we just had a single viable red zone target for once.

Lord knows Parker hasn't developed into one.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Whatever happened to that lovely TE that was on Hard Knocks? Is he still in the league?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Whatever happened to that lovely TE that was on Hard Knocks? Is he still in the league?

Trying to remember who our TE was in 2012. I think it was Fasano.

He was back in Miami last year after spending time with the Chiefs and Titans.

He's a FA now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

basketball TE

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1025403330695254016

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
It's gonna be so sad when he tears all his cruciate ligaments

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

https://twitter.com/adamhbeasley/status/1025095656300584961

Lol

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Let’s hope one of our two new Ohio State linebackers will be decent at coverage

I think the answer is probably going to be to put less linebackers on the field. Run a dime package w/ three safeties against 3-WR personnel.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ehud posted:

basketball TE

god dammit

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think the answer is probably going to be to put less linebackers on the field. Run a dime package w/ three safeties against 3-WR personnel.

Baker is not much bigger than TJ Macdonald.

I’m really hoping McMillan comes out as the “steal” some of the networks said he was in the 2017 draft

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ehud posted:

Trying to remember who our TE was in 2012. I think it was Fasano.

He was back in Miami last year after spending time with the Chiefs and Titans.

He's a FA now.

Naw I found him, it was Michael Egnew.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2014/5/20/5734842/miami-dolphins-the-mystery-of-michael-egnew

He's been outta the league since 2014.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I had totally forgotten he exists and I wish I could go back to before you brought him back up.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Egnew was Jon Martin the TE.

How are you such a pussy yet an nfl player

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So uhhh Buffalo. Can you like at least unfuck yourselves this year so that you don't get swept by the entire division.

https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/1025525561135910913?s=19

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
They'll beat Miami at least once.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

waah posted:

So uhhh Buffalo. Can you like at least unfuck yourselves this year so that you don't get swept by the entire division.

https://twitter.com/4JoshReed/status/1025525561135910913?s=19

That receiving corps is actually worse than the QBs

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kelvin Benjamin is an acceptable starting receiver and Charles Clay is good. The quarterbacks are still all at or below replacement level, probably.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

They'll beat Miami at least once.

there will be a graphic too

AJ McCarron QB rating
Weeks 1-5: 74.9
Today: 137.2

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Imo unless Allen kicks rear end at the preseason games or is way better in training camp sit his rear end conventional wisdom be damned. He might be young and might be too dumb this year, but has made enough stupidly good throws that the Bills should give him some time to figure poo poo out.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets are scrimmaging at Rutgers tomorrow. I will be in attendance.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 4, 2018

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Some team will set the record for most defensive touchdowns in a game against the Bills this season.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Has there ever been a game where both teams only scored on defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bills fans Were currently texting with a certain TE (I’m with his cousin) and he said Josh Allen is the worst QB he’s ever played with lol