Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slothrop posted:

Every now and then I get emails that are meant for someone else. This person obviously has a similar name to me as my email is "firstname.lastname@gmail.com". What has spun me out is that this person lives in the same town my mum lives in and i grew up in. I don't have a common name, neither first nor last.

In all of the (English speaking) world, this first person to have a similar name to me lives near where I grew up!

Tonight I got an order confirmation for some indian takeout, to be delivered. This person, with the same name as me, lives less than 200m from my mum's house.

My name clone is an Indian dude in Australia somewhere who works in the corrections system. I keep getting Gumtree replies to poo poo he's selling. 3 years running now.

Please note, I'm white as gently caress, with a not-overly-common-surname. But my email address works out to this guys name.

Ah well, its just funny most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Recently I’ve been receiving emails meant for another person with a similar name who lives in Ireland. They seem to own a vintage Jaguar or are at least very interested in signing up the the Irish Jag Owners club mailing list.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

ExplodingSims posted:

I think I finally regret leaving Orlando.
Las Vegas is a shithole. Not a single good thing has happened to me since I moved here.
My life is falling apart and I want out of this loving garbage city.

Orlando isn't perfect but it's pretty loving good. In contrast, I was done with Vegas after 3 days.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Just about every time I've heard someone talk about Vegas it's as the embodiment of 'nice place to visit, terrible place to live.'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just ran into a friends mother at the gas station and she has had so much plastic surgery holy gently caress.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

I just ran into a friends mother at the gas station and she has had so much plastic surgery holy gently caress.

Did you get her number or what?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

builds character posted:

Happy birthday!

Thanks. It was a decent day. :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Siochain posted:

My name clone is an Indian dude in Australia somewhere who works in the corrections system. I keep getting Gumtree replies to poo poo he's selling. 3 years running now.

Please note, I'm white as gently caress, with a not-overly-common-surname. But my email address works out to this guys name.

Ah well, its just funny most of the time.
My last name is fairly rare so name clones aren't terribly common.

My name clone is a RC priest in the Wisconsin. :angel: I hope to christ he isn't a pedo, seems like a decent enough guy though.

I have a fairly common last name spelled the normal way, but not my strange way, which led to some fun when I was a 20-ish because a guy with my name but with my surname spelled the common way died in a car accident, was the same age as me, and lived not terribly far away. That led to various condolences given to the family and at least 1 minor heart attack when I showed up somewhere a year later and got the "I..... I... thought you were dead!"

Nope! :smuggo:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
My name clone lives a few hours away in W. Ma and we are friends on the FB. It still trips people up when someone inevitably tags us incorrectly. On a recent trip to W. Ma, it happened to pass that I was in his area, but he had actually taken a trip up to my area. Forces were balanced and tragedy was avoided.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

slothrop posted:

Did you get her number or what?

She was terrifying. I wonder if my horror was reflected on my face.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I share my name with a relatively well known comic artist and a policeman who was somehow involved in Puff Daddy getting shot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

I share my name with a relatively well known comic artist and a policeman who was somehow involved in Puff Daddy getting shot.

We've been over the famous dead kid whom I shared a name with and how badly it hosed up my childhood.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im putting my redline on craigslist for $1500 tomorrow unless one of u guys wanna own a piece of AI history

i just want it out of my driveway at this point

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
My name clone is some guy who's got about 20 years on me and lives in Texas and dates some chick who looks like she's from Faces of Meth who once tagged me as her boyfriend instead of him.

The fallout from that was interesting, especially since my mother actually thought it was true until I proved to her that other people with my name exist.

Hell, he's not the only one from Texas, there's a grave marker with my name on it for someone who lived and died in the first half of the 20th century.

E: For the record I have never been to Texas and it is extremely unlikely that I ever will visit that state. There's actually two genetically distinct groups of people with my last name, a larger one, and a smaller one, I'm part of the smaller one, our family name got changed at Ellis Island and the spelling is the only thing that ties the two groups together at all.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 1, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

im putting my redline on craigslist for $1500 tomorrow unless one of u guys wanna own a piece of AI history

Crowd fund to get this sucker to STR.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My wife's (married) name clone is the Chief Psychologist at the Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons. If I'm not mistaken, she's a distant cousin of mine.

Rhyno posted:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

i'm not gonna lie, it's a fun car and everything but getting parts for it is a chore and is expensive as all hell, and the fuel mileage would probably make him very sad

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That sucks.

So the paint on both of my cars sucks, beat to hell. I'm really itching to just paint them myself. Talk me out of this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Big old nope, and I'm local. Still, post the ad.

Feels like it should be Thursday or Friday at this point. Pretty meh week.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Rhyno posted:

So the paint on both of my cars sucks, beat to hell. I'm really itching to just paint them myself. Talk me out of this.

No.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wrap it in holo instead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Welp that's all the advice I need.

Larrymer posted:

Feels like it should be Thursday or Friday at this point. Pretty meh week.

The only advantage of 3rd shift, i've already worked 3 days this week.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rhyno posted:

Rustoleum, with a roller. Set up a camera and show us a time-lapse of all the wet sanding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

Rustoleum, with a roller. Set up a camera and show us a time-lapse of all the wet sanding.

I already did that to the Civic. It turned out really good but then I lost my work space and didn't get to do the final sand or clear.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

I think I finally regret leaving Orlando.
Las Vegas is a shithole. Not a single good thing has happened to me since I moved here.
My life is falling apart and I want out of this loving garbage city.

My sympathies, I'm in a sort of similar situation and it's the loving worst :(

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

That sucks.

I saw a harlequin e46 on my drive home yesterday. It was debadged but had the front 3/4 vents. I don't know enough about e46 variants to say if this was a legit M3 or not.

I guess what I'm getting at is you should do a full TVR style harlequin respray at home and fully document the process for us.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nobody answered the question. Is the pitcher or the liquid the living part of the kool aid man? Also I think dogs should vote.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Nobody answered the question. Is the pitcher or the liquid the living part of the kool aid man?

Both are part of the living organism, much like your blood/skeleton/etc.

I bet the Amish would be awesome pot growers.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Nobody answered the question. Is the pitcher or the liquid the living part of the kool aid man? Also I think dogs should vote.

I mean I would think the liquid is his like “life force” and kool aid man would not survive without it, but the pitcher is his body and as such seems to be a living entity.

Also I seem to have a few name clones as I snagged my name @gmail when it was invitation only. A semi well known black college basketball coach and then someone who seems to trade in their Toyota sequoias or highlanders fairly often

everdave fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 1, 2018

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

No. 6 posted:

Orlando isn't perfect but it's pretty loving good. In contrast, I was done with Vegas after 3 days.

Orlando might have its problems, but at least the city has some kind of identity outside of the theme parks. Like College park and Winter Park areas especially.

Vegas is just about everything being fake and excessive and is just shut all around. If I could do it over again, I'd stay in Orlando. But for now I'm just going to focus my energy on moving further west, before I consider driving across the country for the 4th time.

The glass is his body/skin. The liquid is his blood.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 1, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So he lets people drink his blood?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dogs can't vote however I do believe candidates should be tested with a known set of dogs. Imagine if instead of the current bullshit, America chose their favourite dog. Then those dogs combined to choose the candidate they felt best represented America as a whole and that dog got to choose the president.

Wait.

Ahh gently caress it.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 1, 2018

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

ExplodingSims posted:

But for now I'm just going to focus my energy on moving further west, before I consider driving across the country for the 4th time.
There's no USA West of Vegas, though.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

It's not blood, it's just Kool-Aid. Think of it like cow's milk or chicken eggs. (Implying that Kool-Aid Man is actually female. What an odd parallel.)

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 1, 2018

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Yes. Kool Aid man shares his blessings with all of us.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rhyno posted:

The only advantage of 3rd shift, i've already worked 3 days this week.

That's also the disadvantage. :v:

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Everdave I hope your night ended with nothing. Or everything. Dude you are so new to the dating world but also old enough to see how everyone is dumb

I would just say chill out and watch everyone do dumb stuff. Then you'll do some dumb stuff. Everyone is dumb. Don't be legally dumb.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Not just lets people drink his blood, but actively encourages people to drink his blood. He is like Jesus in that way.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Should Lightning McQueen buy car insurance or life insurance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

No. 6 posted:

This is how I feel every time my work sends me to Vegas. Last time I was there for 5 days and didn't leave the hotel, just went from a conference to the sports betting area to watch some games, then bed.

ilkhan posted:

There's no USA West of Vegas, though.

As a Californian I wholeheartedly agree, this place is further becoming a poo poo show with each passing year.

keykey fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Aug 1, 2018

• Locked thread