Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Agreed on TE for flex. No reason not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Auction over snake all day, and I’m super cool with TE in the flex.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
+Snake
+Flex TE

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Auction
TE Flex

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

PM sent. I'm new but I'd prefer snake and like TE in the flex role.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Snake
Totally fine with adding TE to flex spot

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
So far 10/12 people have filled out the doodle and Tues Aug 28th at 7pm eastern is the frontrunner. If you haven't filled out the doodle yet, get on it!

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm a beer nerd but not to the extent that I know what the latest things are in my area, or what's popular now. That said, I live south of Boston and there are a crazy amount of good breweries around here. I'm sure I could put a box together that wouldn't disappoint.

The easiest thing to do is to just go to your local places and get some bottles and cans. The box I sent last year was 9 cans from 3 local breweries that most people haven't heard of (RAR, Burley Oak, and Aslin). Not everything has to be a whale. It should just be beer we wouldn't normally be able to get.

That said, you're south of Boston and nobody is gonna be mad if they get a box of Trillium and Jack's Abby.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
OK, if we want to vote for Snake vs. Auction and TE Flex, let's also add the Toxx Clauses in while we're at it:

I, [your name] :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake):
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N):

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet):

-----

I, Catfish Noodlin :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Snake
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): Y

My team name is Jay A-Jai Alai

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 13, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I, very stable genius :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): auction

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): De Cam Newton

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I, Quiet Feet :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): snake

Team Name (tentatively): The Stabtown Antz

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I, Mikey Purp :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Eat, Drink, and D. Murray (I'll probably change it though)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I, Alfalfa :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction (would be too easy to beat everyone if it's snake)

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Lil Piss Whistle

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 14, 2018

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I, Paul Proteus :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): snake

Team Name: Breesus, King of the Brews

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I, Veritek83 :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Natty Guice (rip Guice)

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
I, Avenged, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season. (I'll probably be late like I usually am due to climate).
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Ben Roethlislager

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So we're 6 votes for auction to 5 votes for snake, with Zam unaccounted for- we may need a tie-breaker.

I could flip a coin or something, but it isn't really mutually observable. I'm thinking we pick a random pre-season game this weekend and assign the over and under on the point total to auction and snake and use that to decide. It isn't random per se, but it's I suppose at least unpredictable.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

How about we do it based on the conference of the next player to tear their ACL? Auction is AFC and Snake is NFC. I'm only half joking...

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I, spacejung, :toxx: myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Delanie Walker Parabola

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

I, YamataNoOrochi :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Firestone Walker

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

YamataNoOrochi posted:

Team Name: Firestone Walker

Wat da ever loving fuk

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

spacejung posted:

Wat da ever loving fuk

God I love this league.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
I, Baldrash :toxx: myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Z-Flat Natty Lite (Is this the year I change names? Probably not.)

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Catfish Noodlin posted:

So we're 6 votes for auction to 5 votes for snake, with Zam unaccounted for- we may need a tie-breaker.

I could flip a coin or something, but it isn't really mutually observable. I'm thinking we pick a random pre-season game this weekend and assign the over and under on the point total to auction and snake and use that to decide. It isn't random per se, but it's I suppose at least unpredictable.

I, Zam :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): Yes

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): TBA

Zam fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 15, 2018

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Can we change our team names? I want to be Vonhaze Burfict this year. If we can't change, someone else is free to use that name.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

OK, so it looks like Auction is the winner, and RB/WR/TE flex passes unanimously and has been changed.

Are there any other rules or facets of the league that we might want to discuss changing?

very stable genius posted:

Can we change our team names? I want to be Vonhaze Burfict this year. If we can't change, someone else is free to use that name.

Yes, absolutely you can change your team name. Does it allow you to do it, or do I need to edit it for you?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Yes, absolutely you can change your team name. Does it allow you to do it, or do I need to edit it for you?

I was able to find it. Just had to dig into the settings a bit. Thanks!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Ok so Tuesday, August 28th is the overwhelming winner for draft date. Most everyone was available for 7:30pm ET and 9pm ET, so any preference as to earlier or later?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Mikey Purp posted:

Ok so Tuesday, August 28th is the overwhelming winner for draft date. Most everyone was available for 7:30pm ET and 9pm ET, so any preference as to earlier or later?

I think the earliest time that our west coast people can make probably works the best- That's Zam, spacejung, and YamataNoOrochi, I think.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think the earliest time that our west coast people can make probably works the best- That's Zam, spacejung, and YamataNoOrochi, I think.

I can make either time.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

If everyone said both times are OK, I say we go with the earlier one.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I could make either slot work

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

So I'm assuming that return yards only count for D/ST? Like if the return man on your ST also happens to be starting at WR that week, is he getting points for kickoff yardage?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

I believe the player who generated the yards also scores points but it’s a very small number.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

So I'm assuming that return yards only count for D/ST? Like if the return man on your ST also happens to be starting at WR that week, is he getting points for kickoff yardage?

Other way around- only the individual ball carriers get points for yardage generated on kick or punt returns(at a rate of 1 point per 25 yards, with punts and kicks calculated separately), while D/ST only gets points of the ball-carrier makes it into the end zone.

Here's the scoring in our league:

Miscellaneous
Every 25 kickoff return yards (KR25) 1
Every 25 punt return yards (PR25) 1
Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6
Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6
Fumble Recovered for TD (FTD) 6
Total Fumbles Lost (FUML) -2

Team Defense / Special Teams
Each Sack (SK) 1
Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6
Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6
Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6
Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6
Blocked Punt or FG return for TD (BLKKRTD) 6
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG (BLKK) 2
Each Interception (INT) 2
Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2
Each Safety (SF) 2
0 points allowed (PA0) 5
1-6 points allowed (PA1) 4
7-13 points allowed (PA7) 3
14-17 points allowed (PA14) 1
Less than 100 total yards allowed (YA100) 5
100-199 total yards allowed (YA199) 3
200-299 total yards allowed (YA299) 2
350-399 total yards allowed (YA399) -1
400-449 total yards allowed (YA449) -3
450-499 total yards allowed (YA499) -5
500-549 total yards allowed (YA549) -6
550+ total yards allowed (YA550) -7

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I didn't want to be the only one without a terrible football/beer name but I didn't liked any of the stuff I brainstormed so I settled on Dallas Sucks because Dallas sucks but also because Dallas Sucks and I do love some Weyerbacher.

Here are the runner ups. May they rest in piss.

La Fin Du Mondre Hopkins
Leveon Bellerweis
Magic Hut Hut #9
Offensive Leinies
DeAn-dry-Hoppedkin
Andy Reid's Kareem Ale
lovely Hop Pun #837649

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

I didn't want to be the only one without a terrible football/beer name but I didn't liked any of the stuff I brainstormed so I settled on Dallas Sucks because Dallas sucks but also because Dallas Sucks and I do love some Weyerbacher.

Here are the runner ups. May they rest in piss.

La Fin Du Mondre Hopkins
Leveon Bellerweis
Magic Hut Hut #9
Offensive Leinies
DeAn-dry-Hoppedkin
Andy Reid's Kareem Ale
lovely Hop Pun #837649

Yeah, I'm not very good at this either. I'm keeping my name even if I don't end up drafting Jay Ajayi.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

See you guys in the losers bracket!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Trade offers rolling out soon gang, hold tight for a minute while I plug the digies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Trade offers rolling out soon gang, hold tight for a minute while I plug the digies

Same. Think I already have 2 out there.