Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm open to moving one of Jones, Beckham or Thomas for a high end RB or something along those line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Not sure if it was the same way last year, but can we turn waivers off until the season and just have period until then be FA?

I think it was that way last year because I remember trying to replace some bad $1 investments and it not costing any FAAB.

But I might also be thinking of another league.

Either way I think that’s a good idea lol.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Alfalfa posted:

Not sure if it was the same way last year, but can we turn waivers off until the season and just have period until then be FA?

I think it was that way last year because I remember trying to replace some bad $1 investments and it not costing any FAAB.

But I might also be thinking of another league.

Either way I think that’s a good idea lol.

It's not readily obvious to me how to do that in the league manager settings. Maybe I could switch it to waivers-based, and when the regular season starts switch it back to auction?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It's not readily obvious to me how to do that in the league manager settings. Maybe I could switch it to waivers-based, and when the regular season starts switch it back to auction?

In my other ESPN league I commish, I just turn waivers off totally (making everyone FA) and then turn it back on Sunday of week 1.

Not sure if there is another way to do it though

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Yeah, you just set it to "No Waivers" in the Transactions and Keepers section of LM Tools. I think it's a good idea, just need to make sure that we set it back to FAA before the season starts.

Also, I think it would be good if we put our SA names in the team abbreviations to make it easier to talk trash and trades in the thread. Can you guys go in and add that? Most of them are already there but some of the newer players still have automatic abbreviations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
It doesn't seem to let me change the waiver settings- like the radio buttons are non-responsive.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Very prescient Alfred Morris add

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

spacejung posted:

Cool

P.s. delanie Walker why do you want burkhead so much

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 2, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Actually had to google that word lol.

Would have been better if I didn’t drop Breida for him.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Actually had to google that word lol.

Would have been better if I didn’t drop Breida for him.

Yea, but who saw an acl tear from a non contact injury after all pre-season games - says the McKinnon owner.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Paul Proteus posted:

Cool

P.s. delanie Walker why do you want burkhead so much

It's a floor/ceiling thingy

Paul Proteus posted:

Yea, but who saw an acl tear from a non contact injury after all pre-season games - says the McKinnon owner.

You beat me by $1 to him btw

spacejung fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 2, 2018

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

spacejung posted:

It's a floor/ceiling thingy

You beat me by $1 to him btw

I had both Dion Lewis and LeGarrette Blount in 2015. The way of the Patriots RB is maddening don't do this to yourself.

*checks own roster* wait...nooooooo

Anyway I dropped John Brown and picked up Breida, which will probably end up a lateral move so :shrug:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I'm leaning into this Le'Veon Bell thing. I was tempted to look into trading Alf for James Conner, but no, gently caress that. Labor solidarity.

(I'm hosed)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’d like another quality WR so Alf and Conner are both OTB.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

gently caress, NOW it hits me: Keen on Ale'n

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I have changed my team's name from Jay A-Jai Alai to Lamar Miller High Life because I don't have Ajayi.

I also do not have the confidence to change it to a Le'Veon/Bell's related beer pun.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I have changed my team's name from Jay A-Jai Alai to Lamar Miller High Life because I don't have Ajayi.

I also do not have the confidence to change it to a Le'Veon/Bell's related beer pun.

You don't have Lamar Miller either but the inbox is open

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

*slaps hood of pre-owned Greg Olsen*

Now this bad boy here can fit so many TDs in him oh poo poo I think I just broke him

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

spacejung posted:

You don't have Lamar Miller either but the inbox is open

poo poo I just mixed up my leagues excellent

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AH HA HA HA HA YOU HAVE TO TO BE loving KIDDING ME!

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
holy poo poo

that's close enough I'd be terrified about scoring adjustments

not a problem I've got this week
:smug:

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Veritek83 posted:

holy poo poo

that's close enough I'd be terrified about scoring adjustments

not a problem I've got this week
:smug:

It’s our fault for letting you draft Jones, Beckham AND Thomas/Brees. I deserved you kicking the poo poo out of me this week, Jesus Christ.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Huh.

I wonder if I'll ever have a game decided by at least 1 point?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

good god, that was close.

that last pass to Jordan Howard made the difference, Elias Sports Bureau willing

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

No clue how I survived the Cousins/Gurley blitz but phew.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

No clue how I survived the Cousins/Gurley blitz but phew.

Looks like Greg the Leg was cutting apples in bed

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Would anyone want to make any wild, speculative offers for Le'Veon Bell with the news that the Steelers are looking to trade him? I'm not expecting to recoup my pick, but if someone wants to make me an offer(especially with a back in it) I'm open.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I feel like it's unfair I keep losing to people scoring 140+ points, this is not good sportsmanship to show up my awful team like this.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I feel like it's unfair I keep losing to people scoring 140+ points, this is not good sportsmanship to show up my awful team like this.

I promise that by the time our teams face each other mine will be a pathetic mess that hasn't scored more than 70 in weeks.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

If another running back on my awful team goes down, I'm going to cry. I don't know why I thought Burkhead was going to be anything other than a pile of trash and should have traded him.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Well thats collinearity 101 for ya... Good one zam

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

so on the one hand my total margin of victory in the last three games is 6.6 points

on the other hand I am 4-0

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Not even top 3 for points for and am 10th in points against. My record is a sham and my team will soon be dead.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It’s cool when I put up 150 and still lose.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Willing to move Corey Davis for a runningback, get at me

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Honestly surprised I woke up to the win this morning. I thought that was a loss for sure. When I checked the score at the beginning of the 3rd and saw my opponent was only 2 points behind I figured that was the game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Well, here's hoping my worst week is behind me. I should have known better than to be optimistic after Thursday night. Ryan sucked, Kamara did nothing, Breida's dead, Will Fuller disappeared into the ether, Broncos D was worthless, sheesh.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Best offer for Lynch will get him, I can't afford to hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

It’s cool when your RB1 gets pulled right before the game. RIP me.