Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Congrats to 40 oz to Freeman on your win only halfway through the 1:00 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

very stable genius posted:

It’s cool when your RB1 gets pulled right before the game. RIP me.

Well it looks like the Rams defense went off and I pulled out the win in spite of my RB situation. Go me.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
No clue how I’m surviving/survived this week with Powell snapping his neck and McCoy snapping his brain (and probably ankle).

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

If you are in the ale league and have a top QB to spare, I'd like to trade with you so send me an offer.

Sincerely,
Lil Piss Whistle

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I'm not certain anyone on our side of the fence has a decent backup worth trading unless you like Mayfield or Trubisky.

P.s. I want to be on the lager side - our division is so insanely tight.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm not certain anyone on our side of the fence has a decent backup worth trading unless you like Mayfield or Trubisky.

P.s. I want to be on the lager side - our division is so insanely tight.

Natty - Watson & Stafford
Roethlislager - Rodgers & Wentz
Dallas - Ryan & Trubs

At least 3 teams might have some interest.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ale is scary right now. :ohdear:

I'd love Hopkins but I can't imagine what it would take to make that happen.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Ale - where a 4 game win streak still nets you last place!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Paul Proteus posted:

Ale - where a 4 game win streak still nets you last place!

Also nets you 2nd place!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Trade deadline is tomorrow it appears.

I'd still like a QB.

Jarvis Landry, Doug Martin, TY Hilton, & maybe LeSean McCoy are OTB if someone wants to send an offer.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Goff for sale... Goff for sale here

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Goff for sale... Goff for sale here

Too late. Deadline was midnight apparently :/

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Just lol that my team starts performing at this point in the season when I'm 1-9. I'm guessing it was a flash in the pan, but it would be cool if I could take some pleasure in playing spoiler over the next few weeks and maybe somehow eke out a consolation bracket box. Dream big and everything.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I guess I should have traded for Hilton?

The consolation box is going to be mine when I lose out. :colbert:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Anybody seriously thinking about trying for the consolation box should reconsider. Its all hitters down here try to sneak back into the top of the bracket

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Of course, two other 6-6 teams are playing each other while I’m trying to defend my sixth seed in the playoffs. And I’m getting my rear end handed to me.

rip in peace rapeleslager. He forcefully scored.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Avenged posted:

Of course, two other 6-6 teams are playing each other while I’m trying to defend my sixth seed in the playoffs. And I’m getting my rear end handed to me.

Requiescat in piss, friend.

Meanwhile all I needed to happen this week to keep a bye was for either myself to win or Natty Guice to lose, but both myself and his opponent this week are on pace for our worst scores of the year. This despite Natty putting up his worst score of the year. Hooray. :toot:

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I am finding some satisfaction in watching my team light it up the past 3 weeks after going 1-9. If only the NFL season were 24 games long.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Mikey Purp posted:

I am finding some satisfaction in watching my team light it up the past 3 weeks after going 1-9. If only the NFL season were 24 games long.

The fantasy football gods have been viewed your team with the power it needs to crush what's left of my faltering garbage roster after I bounce out of the playoffs in the first round.

Edit: I've done some soul-searching and, in the spirit of the beer league, I've decided to continue drinking. I think I'll start right now.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 3, 2018

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

Requiescat in piss, friend.

Meanwhile all I needed to happen this week to keep a bye was for either myself to win or Natty Guice to lose, but both myself and his opponent this week are on pace for our worst scores of the year. This despite Natty putting up his worst score of the year. Hooray. :toot:

Yeah, this has been some awful goddamn football today, but I'm optimistic about pulling off the win today- Ol' Whipnuts Peterson isn't putting up 35+ 25+ points tomorrow night.

e: yikes, this could be unpleasantly close tomorrow night

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 3, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Avenged posted:

It ended up a lot closer and you had a chance. I figured I was waking up to a loss since I stopped watching game last night in 3rd and AB was going off.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005

Alfalfa posted:

It ended up a lot closer and you had a chance. I figured I was waking up to a loss since I stopped watching game last night in 3rd and AB was going off.

As an obvious Steelers fan I was mad as poo poo that Conner got hurt in that stupid game but drat was I kinda happy at the same time.

Of course AB couldn’t catch one more ball though to win me the game though.

Good game, it did get interesting there!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
There was no way I was going to end up playing Derrick Henry, but goddamn am I still going to be bitter about the 47.8 points on the bench.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Catfish Noodlin posted:

There was no way I was going to end up playing Derrick Henry, but goddamn am I still going to be bitter about the 47.8 points on the bench.

I'd laugh but now I feel like an idiot for dropping him in October.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Looks like Natty Guice is taking home at least 1 box of beer for having highest score in the league back in week 10 with score of 177.6.

He also has the chance to grab another box playing in the 3rd place game this week.

Everyone should start building their boxes since the next month really flies by and they should be shipped out no later than Feb. 2nd.

Really enjoyed the season this year and looking forward to next!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
So start thinking about your boxes, I'd like to have shipping assignments out to everyone soon and boxes to be out before the Super Bowl(weather depending, of course)

The owners of

#4 Dallas Sucks (FEET)
#3 Forty Ounces to Freeman (Zam)

Should probably post their distribution area and their beer preferences as they are guaranteed 1st or 2nd place. 3rd place and loser's bracket are still up in the air, but I imagine week 10's 177.6 points by Natty Guice (Veri) is shoo-in for single game point score.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Hope whoever gets my box likes Miller High Life and Red Dog. Because if I don’t end up with a single box after my tragedy last season and now everyone dying this season right at the end. It’s what you are getting :smug:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm thrilled to win some beer, but my god, do I hate Drew Brees. Also OBJ. And Le'Veon Bell too.

As far as location and preferences- I'm in Richmond VA, so really anything from Virginia gets stocked at the local beer store.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I cannot believe I made it this far. I'd figured I was a goner after Keenan went out and Alfalfa's Hopkins torched the Jets. :stare:

I'm in Mass but basically right next to Providence RI and most northeasterly breweries get distribution here. I tend to go for dark, malty and boozy beers and most German and Belgian styles are very much right up my alley. Things like bocks, stouts, quads, scotch ales and the like are extremely my jam, as the kids say, or so I've heard.

Already started buying beer for my box. Not sure if anyone's heard of this but there's a great place up in Boston called Sam... Adams I think?

Edit: Seeing the #1 and #2 seeds posting above, drat dudes, I fully expected it to be you guys. Those were great teams up until last week.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 19, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

I cannot believe I made it this far. I'd figured I was a goner after Keenan went out and Alfalfa's Hopkins torched the Jets. :stare:

I'm in Mass but basically right next to Providence RI and most northeasterly breweries get distribution here. I tend to go for dark, malty and boozy beers and most German and Belgian styles are very much right up my alley. Things like bocks, stouts, quads, scotch ales and the like are extremely my jam, as the kids say, or so I've heard.

Already started buying beer for my box. Not sure if anyone's heard of this but there's a great place up in Boston called Sam... Adams I think?

Edit: Seeing the #1 and #2 seeds posting above, drat dudes, I fully expected it to be you guys. Those were great teams up until last week.

I’m an angry angry man as this league is the one of the few I care about.

Having you crush my dream by the way of Chris Carson and Damien Williams really, really, really hurts.

Only consolation I have is I didn’t really leave any points on the bench to second guess myself.

They just sucked rear end this week.

Congrats and I’m in Texas and looking forward to sending you a growler of Sam Adams to make it feel super special.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

gently caress fantasy football forever.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I lost in almost every other league thanks to the bullshit that allowed me to advance to the Championship for the third straight year here. Bonus points for losing Boyd going into the Championship game, so looking good to extend my second place finish streak to year #3.

I’m in Los Angeles and have traded or participated in BIFs with most of you. Send me anything you want and I’ll appreciate it all. DrZack on Untappd if you really care to look (seriously just send me whatever you want).

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I'd like to get the shipping assignments out, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know who is #3 and who is the winner of the losers bracket so uhhh someone help me out here lol

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'd like to get the shipping assignments out, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know who is #3 and who is the winner of the losers bracket so uhhh someone help me out here lol

Err I mean I really got 3rd instead of 4th so I get the box. Not that guy.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Somewhere along the line the consolation bracket settings got effed up so it's a little tougher to decipher, but I think that whoever is VonHaze Burfict should be the recipient. Someone else check my math please.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

Somewhere along the line the consolation bracket settings got effed up so it's a little tougher to decipher, but I think that whoever is VonHaze Burfict should be the recipient. Someone else check my math please.

Shouldn't the consolation go to Roethlislager? He won two and had most points across the three weeks. I lost the last week, so there were no three win teams in consolation.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

OK, so sitting down with the results, I have.

Champion
Forty Ounces to Freeman(5 boxes of beer)

2nd place
Dallas Sucks(3 boxes of beer)

3rd Place
Natty Guice(2 boxes of beer)
By virtue of def. Lil Piss Whistle, and would have beaten Lamar Miller High Life head to head in the final round of Winner's Consolation

Highest Single-Game point total
Natty Guice (Veri)(week 10 total score of 177.6)

Loser's Bracket
Breesus, King of the Brews

Loser's bracket is a bit of a mess as it didn't generate match-ups in keeping with a single-elimination tournament(losers are pitted back together with winners for some reason), but Breesus, King of the Brews was the last team to lose(everyone else had a loss in round 1 or 2), and would have additionally beaten every other opponent in a head-to-head match-ups in round 2- Round 3 is essentially superfluous for the purposes of creating a single-elimination winner.

Please let me know if you don't think this makes sense, and we'll work it out(I'm willing to send out an extra box if there's a good reason for it)

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

If there are issues due to what occurred in the consolation bracket, I’m also more than happy to send a second box out to assist.

Very happy I broke my Championship Game losing streak this year. Cheers to everyone as this is always a competitive league and one I’ve wanted to win for 5 years now. Can’t wait for next year and to do it all over again.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

All that makes sense. Whoever I end up sending a box to, don't hesitate to let me know any particular preferences. This season was fun as hell. This was definitely the league I spent the most time thinking about and I'm extremely excited to buy and receive some nice beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

All that makes sense. Whoever I end up sending a box to, don't hesitate to let me know any particular preferences. This season was fun as hell. This was definitely the league I spent the most time thinking about and I'm extremely excited to buy and receive some nice beer.

Extremely :same: I'm thrilled to bits after having so many middle-of-the-pack seasons and disappointing finishes year after year. Haven't made it top-3 in years. Excited to sneak in a couple of local homer picks for my beer box too.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 30, 2018