Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Tyreek Hill probably abused a toddler and got off scott-free. What the hell did Jarran Reed do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

Tyreek Hill probably abused a toddler and got off scott-free. What the hell did Jarran Reed do?

According to the Seattle Times, apparently pushed around a woman and various not great stuff. I frankly don't care what happened to Hill, it doesn't excuse what Reed did. The incident happened two years ago and there has clearly been time to substantiate it. It sucks for the Seahawks but this poo poo isn't acceptable.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

According to the Seattle Times, apparently pushed around a woman and various not great stuff. I frankly don't care what happened to Hill, it doesn't excuse what Reed did. The incident happened two years ago and there has clearly been time to substantiate it. It sucks for the Seahawks but this poo poo isn't acceptable.
I wasn’t excusing anyone or trying to say he shouldn’t be punished. I was genuinely curious how much worse Reed’s behavior was than breaking a little kid’s arm.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The one solitary thing we know for absolute certain in the Tyreek Hill case is that he didn't break his kid's arm. Nobody did.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/1j_reed/status/1153379857281290240

No apology to victim, of course.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Let's lighten the mood.

I got my old-school Seahawks logo flag in the mail. 3'x5', but folded. How do you dewrinkle a flag? I'm hesitant to put it in a dryer. Maybe wash it on cold, then hang it to dry?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

iron it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Hang it in the bathroom while you shower

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
put it between your rear end cheeks and go establish the run

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Get one of these

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

PFT Pre-Training Camp Power Rankings

PFT posted:

7. Rams (No. 3): If Todd Gurley‘s best days are behind him, the Rams will be regrouping, at best, in 2019.

. . .

9. Seahawks (No. 11): If 2018 was 2012 all over again, maybe 2019 will be 2013?

. . .

22. 49ers (No. 29): Year Three of the Shanahan-Lynch regime brings another chance to get the players they need to make the offense go. Keeping key players healthy is the biggest challenge.

. . .

32. Cardinals (No. 32): If it works, it’s going to be spectacular. For now, though, someone has to be at the bottom of the stack — and the Cardinals have earned it.

Pretty solid empty filler here. As much as I love the Seahawks, 9 seems kinda high? The others seem fair though, especially if everyone follows the Pats playbook when they play the Rams.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Im fine with the cardinals being last because they won't finish last this year.

Honestly all those rankings seem nonsensical. THe problem with the rams isn't the RB you plug in the system, washington isn't going to be better than the raiders, the lions might be the best team in their division this year, why in the world are the cowboys 4th, why are the eagles 3rd... basically everything seems completely wrong.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Oh, I just meant the NFC West rankings were reasonable, other than the Seahawks seem high. I don't follow other teams closely enough to know either way this early in the preseason.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

hifi posted:

Honestly all those rankings seem nonsensical. THe problem with the rams isn't the RB you plug in the system, washington isn't going to be better than the raiders, the lions might be the best team in their division this year, why in the world are the cowboys 4th, why are the eagles 3rd... basically everything seems completely wrong.

I think expectations for the Bears are too high. Their turnover percentage on defense, which drove most of their year over year improvement, was unsustainably high last year. Going from Fangio to Pagano is a pretty big downgrade IMO. Dallas being above the Rams in any order is a joke as well.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hifi posted:

I was with you, especially in regards to Gurley, until the Lions thing. Where the hell did you get that idea? I can count three teams that are more likely to be the best team in that division. Lemme do the math real quick... yeah that's all of them

DariusLikewise posted:

I think expectations for the Bears are too high. Their turnover percentage on defense, which drove most of their year over year improvement, was unsustainably high last year. Going from Fangio to Pagano is a pretty big downgrade IMO. Dallas being above the Rams in any order is a joke as well.

Dallas could be pretty drat good imo. They've got great corners, the best ILB team in football, a decent D line, a good O line, a number on receiver, a big time running back, and a mediocre quarterback. That's enough to win some games

4 is too high but outlook is positive for that team, unfortunately

also this Vikings one:

quote:

12. Vikings (No. 14): It’s possibly an up-or-out year for Kirk Cousins, with fewer excuses for subpar play.

Such a lazy rear end take. As far as I can tell by watching the games, Cousins had a career year last season. He made some incredible throws and his stats were rock solid. If anything it's the rest of the team that needs to shape up, Cousins was slightly better than he was before which is all you can really expect

Play fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 23, 2019

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Power rankings must be the easiest way for bored NFL writers to fill copy.

Bob Socko posted:

Let's lighten the mood.

I got my old-school Seahawks logo flag in the mail. 3'x5', but folded. How do you dewrinkle a flag? I'm hesitant to put it in a dryer. Maybe wash it on cold, then hang it to dry?

Run it up the flagpole and see

Who salutes

but no one ever does

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

shirts and skins posted:

Who salutes

but no one ever does

I'm not sick but I'm not well
I wont establish the run
When I'm in hell

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Been around the league and found
That only stupid people are leading
The cretins passing and screening
And I don't even own a CB

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Who salutes

but no one ever does

Salute the flag, my rear end (I won’t salute)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Spoeank posted:

I'm not sick but I'm not well
I can't establish the run
Cuz I'm in hell

ftfy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The run

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Football experts: running backs are no longer special and anyone can be plugged in and be good

Also football experts: The loss of Todd Gurley will absolute devastate the Rams and spiral them into several 3 win seasons

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/OSf49ers/status/1153851268269346816

:barf:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

It looks like every other Niners jersey: :itwaspoo:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

DariusLikewise posted:

Football experts: running backs are no longer special and anyone can be plugged in and be good

Also football experts: The loss of Todd Gurley will absolute devastate the Rams and spiral them into several 3 win seasons

Well according to that sharp football analysis article that Khalil linked, yeah basically Gurley is largely fungible as long as the rams keep doing play action.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Bob Socko posted:

Let's lighten the mood.

Burn it. :v:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:schotty:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Oh but when other teams make a creamcicle jersey it owns smh

JK that color is woof

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
What a lovely beige that jersey is

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Aww man, I got ketchup all over my khakis!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It doesn’t look that bad. Maybe adding some white would help.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1154041383105126401?s=19
Should we get him?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

He's going to sign with the Rams

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Chichevache posted:

Been around the league and found
That only stupid people are leading
The cretins passing and screening
And I don't even own a CB

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

He's going to sign with the Rams

A one year deal with the Rams a la Ndomukong Suh would make a ton of sense. Aaron Donald will make him look good and he might be able to rejuvenate his value after the blow of being released by your team and no one wanting you at that price.

Seahawks, Browns, Titans, and Colts might make sense as well.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I
want to draw up schemes
Where we pass only screens
I want TE's blocking for runs
Even if he's Jimmy Graham, it feels fine

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I'd love it and we have the space and need, but I've given up trying to predict what Carroll and Schneider will do.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

do the seahawks really have 27mm in cap space or is all that going to evaporate as soon as like bobby wagner gets his deal. they should probably do something and mike daniels is above average unless i've missed something.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

If Wagner gets a deal it will an extension tacked on. Won't change this years cap number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

hifi posted:

do the seahawks really have 27mm in cap space or is all that going to evaporate as soon as like bobby wagner gets his deal. they should probably do something and mike daniels is above average unless i've missed something.

They were keeping money open to extent Jarran Reed too, and now...:shrug:

And apparently they've signed a stopgap, but I think they should try for more:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1154105988640911361?s=19

NFC West, so incestuous