Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
My biggest concern is that Wentz will get hurt again towards the end of the season and Studfeld will take over and lead them to a Super Bowl victory (Foles has been traded at this point) and Carson Wentz will have two Super Bowl rings without ever actually playing in the Super Bowl :(

quoting for new page because :lol:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Got my new shirt.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Eagles fan chiming in and my biggest concern heading into this year is the loss of Frank Reich and John DeFilippo. A big part of Philly's success last year was great play calling and excellent run/pass balance. Maybe a lot of that was Petersen but I look at, say, what happened when Shanahan left Atlanta and worry.

You're absolutely right to worry, but I do suspect that our boy Pederson is a good one for bringing out QB talent so we'll still have a fun year and a good defense and offense. Just not prolific like it was.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
But on the positive side, they get Sproles back, they get Jason Peters back, Mike Wallace is an upgrade over Torrey Smith, and they drafted a BPA TE who sounds like he's going to be a red zone threat as a rookie. The only subtraction is Blount. I think there's a very good chance the upgraded talent will offset the loss of Reich and DeFilippo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Foles and Wentz have been confirmed so far for the Eagles America's Game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Giants are getting a lot of buzz and I guess I can sort of see it but with no o'line it's tough to win anything.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

NotWearingPants posted:

My biggest concern is that Wentz will get hurt again towards the end of the season and Studfeld will take over and lead them to a Super Bowl victory (Foles has been traded at this point) and Carson Wentz will have two Super Bowl rings without ever actually playing in the Super Bowl :(

Your biggest worry is that the Eagles have back-to-back Championships?

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

BiggerBoat posted:

Giants are getting a lot of buzz and I guess I can sort of see it but with no o'line it's tough to win anything.

We upgraded at OL in the offseason. Granted, that OL was poo poo last year so anything would be an improvement.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/sta...week-1-thursday

I like the way he cuts, then hits the hole the second he sees it with great acceleration. He's gonna give defenses some problems for sure especially on perimeter runs and passes

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Anything against the Browns should be graded on a curve

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Sudfeld and Goedert looked pretty good last night! The Nate Train had a few questionable throws but he looks to be developing into a solid backup. And being a tight end man it’s going to be great seeing Ertz and Dallas tear poo poo up.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010
https://www.redskins.com/news/guice-garner-to-miss-2018-season-due-to-acl-injuries

For fucks sake.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Hey Rob Kelly will probably keep a roster spot now at least

Also guices ceiling is NFL replacement level imo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Your biggest worry is that the Eagles have back-to-back Championships?

Look, Eagles fans are still adjusting to this new era, alright?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lol pre-season

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/12/eagles-sign-christian-hackenberg/

The Hackenberg Era has begun in Philly!

edit: And from the comments on that article:

quote:

tb12greatest says:
August 12, 2018 at 4:17 pm
Not suprised, their QB situation heading into 2018 is dicey. It usually takes 1 full season to recover from an ACL injury, so Wentz won’t be the same this year. And then you have Foles’ neck. Christian Hackenburg may be their best option right now.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Selachian posted:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/12/eagles-sign-christian-hackenberg/

The Hackenberg Era has begun in Philly!

Looking forward to seeing him for 3 minutes in the 4th quarter of the next preseason game.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Sure, why not? Joe Callahan isn't impressing anyone.

Selachian posted:

They were dumb comments, but there's still a chance Foles gets traded if someone loses their QB and offers a Sam Bradford type deal. And in that case they'd probably like someone with more potential as #3.

In a way, Hackenberg is a bit like Sudfeld in that he has good size/strength but has a myriad of mechanical issues. They seem to have done well coaching Sudfeld so maybe they can turn garbage into gold with Hackenberg

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 12, 2018

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
reminder:

quote:

the Belichick-Brady Super Bowl scorecard reads thusly:

2-0 against the NFC West

2-0 against the NFC South

1-3 against the NFC East

And their one win against the NFC East was when they were cheating.

also:

quote:

The NFC East boasts 13 Super Bowl winners, or 25 percent of championships won.

source: NFC East Super Bowl dominance reaches staggering proportions

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Today is Eagles Day at The Ringer

Poor Andy

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

NotWearingPants posted:

man I almost ordered this but was worried how it would play because I'm white and white people do be sayin poo poo like "why don't we have a white history month"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I can't believe teams need to plan around Nelson Agholor now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

6 badass linemen, 5 cool DBs, 4 solid receivers, 3 good RBs, 2 great QBs, and our first superbowl winning coach.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I can't believe teams need to plan around Nelson Agholor now.

The Eagles' strength is in their balance, one of the reasons they matched up well with the Pats. Belichick likes to game plan by taking away the other team's greatest weapon and you can't really do that against Philly since their offensive talent is so spread out and even.

Really hard to just key on one (or even 2) guys in this offense. They're good, if (maybe not great) in several areas.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/OnPoint24_7/status/1029528825577828352

I concur.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's disgusting when parents put their beliefs on their kids like that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Belief being that the Eagles will 'go' anywhere

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

True, it is folly to believe in the superbowl champion team that just beat the GOAT putting in the best career game of his life with a backup QB.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Ho hum beat the GOAT twice already have fun next season going 5-11

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Diqnol posted:

True, it is folly to believe in the superbowl champion team that just beat the GOAT putting in the best career game of his life with a backup QB.

Technically if he were having the best game of his life he would have won, instead of converting very little of his video game passing yardage into points

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only reason the eagles won was because the Patriots were down their 2 best wrs

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Preseason or not that was one of the worst efforts I've ever seen a team put up holy poo poo.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Giants are bullshitting their way to winning the NFC East and beating the Pats again in the Superbowl, aren't they?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Preseason doesn't matter, but the cowboys are down two linemen to start the season so :lol:

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Preseason doesn't matter, but the cowboys are down two linemen to start the season so :lol:

zack is still alive if that was one of the two you were talking about

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1032747801967509506

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

incompetent posted:

zack is still alive if that was one of the two you were talking about

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/1032747801967509506

That's good, at least.

I have a feeling Zeke is going to come out the gate and do jack poo poo. Cowboys rushing average for the first few games is going to be 3ypc or less and Dak is gonna look not good throwing the ball to #1wr cole beasley. This season is gonna be bad :smith:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The Giants are bullshitting their way to winning the NFC East and beating the Pats again in the Superbowl, aren't they?
Pats aren't going to the SB again this year.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Going by the last decade there's only a 50% chance.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Going by the last decade there's only a 50% chance.
Going by the last decade, they've never been to three in a row.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Going by the last decade none of it matters because there's different iterations of players and happenstances that lead to stats which have no applicable validity from week to week, much less season to season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Doltos posted:

Going by the last decade none of it matters because there's different iterations of players and happenstances that lead to stats which have no applicable validity from week to week, much less season to season

I know, I wasn't actually putting any credence into that.