Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

doing lets plays is fun but i just dont have time for it anymore

i spent a year doing it and put up about 100 game playthroughs and that's probably going to be it for a long time

it helped me deal a little bit with public speaking and being on phone calls

Yeah I really only dabbled in it for the first couple years of having my youtube channel. After that I just switched to uploading straight playthroughs and guides without commentary and just enjoyed what I was playing. If I made a bit of change in the process, all the better.

Samuringa posted:

What about us single folks

I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Yeah I really only dabbled in it for the first couple years of having my youtube channel. After that I just switched to uploading straight playthroughs and guides without commentary and just enjoyed what I was playing. If I made a bit of change in the process, all the better.
it was interesting in that services like keymailer created a bit of a loop of playing games and then getting key offers to play more games. i guess curator connect does that as well

i still get random keys from keymailer on occasion even though i haven't touched the LP channel in a full year and a half and the videos have no views

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

it was interesting in that services like keymailer created a bit of a loop of playing games and then getting key offers to play more games. i guess curator connect does that as well

i still get random keys from keymailer on occasion even though i haven't touched the LP channel in a full year and a half and the videos have no views

Haha, same! I'll randomly get keys to games/copies for consoles I don't even have every couple months.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Doing LPs was fun but man oh man did that community have a... well, just a very toxic vibe to it.

I think it has chilled out in more recent years but I remember in 08 it was kind of a mess

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Doing LPs was fun but man oh man did that community have a... well, just a very toxic vibe to it.

I think it has chilled out in more recent years but I remember in 08 it was kind of a mess

I will say I got way more poo poo in my early days doing big name games before street date than I ever did afterwards. I'd have people threatening to kill me for letting the dog in Dragon Age Origins die (the game still had days until release and I had no idea you could even recruit the drat thing at the time), and infamous youtube baby DarksydePhil once sent his fans to my channel to mass flag/downvote my playthrough of that so-so Dante's Inferno 360 game because his had been taken down by youtube and mine hadn't.

Since I switched to just uploading what I want to play (generally MMOs, gachas and import titles) my viewers tend to either not speak English or be much more chill. Last I checked 75% of my views come form Japan.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm trying to do the last of kiryu's side content in yakuza 0 but i really hate the real estate stuff and half of the substories i have left are the loving telephone club. i loving hate the telephone club!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/RaineyOvalle/status/1035238914653605888

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

The Colonel posted:

i'm trying to do the last of kiryu's side content in yakuza 0 but i really hate the real estate stuff and half of the substories i have left are the loving telephone club. i loving hate the telephone club!!

i hope the other yakuzas, when they come to pc, don't have that post-side-content gameplay unlock thing Y0 did (their last two styles--which were btw both immense disappointments)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh geez i have 33 key offers lol

i wonder how many of them are from the same publisher

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Colonel posted:

the real estate stuff was fun at first but boy was i sick of it by like the 3rd billionaire. i think if they just didn't have the upgrading part it would've been paced better, but you'd still have to wait for income because nothing else gives the kind of money needed to buy those properties, so idk.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

a messed up horse posted:

the real estate stuff was fun at first but boy was i sick of it by like the 3rd billionaire. i think if they just didn't have the upgrading part it would've been paced better, but you'd still have to wait for income because nothing else gives the kind of money needed to buy those properties, so idk.

i ended up bullying my way through the whole 4th and 5th parts of the royale via excessive punch-hobo murder (read: zap guns vs mr shakedown)

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

i ended up bullying my way through the whole 4th and 5th parts of the royale via excessive punch-hobo murder (read: zap guns vs mr shakedown)

sounds like a lot more fun that way. i didn't really get how mr shakedown worked when i played it and how you could cheese him, just knew he kicked my rear end a lot and then one time i beat him by dancing around for a several minutes and the payout didn't seem worth the effort.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yakuza 0 was great but I was pretty ready for it to be done by the end, if that makes sense

what a loving ending though, wow

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

September chat thread: happy yom kippur to the spidermans

This did not get enough love.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So far my favorite game at pax is The World Next Door.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Are we supposed to talk about anime now so that the prophecy comes true? I haven't watched anything since Space Dandy. Anything recent I should check out?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

Are we supposed to talk about anime now so that the prophecy comes true? I haven't watched anything since Space Dandy. Anything recent I should check out?

Watch ACCA 13.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

a place further than the universe, is the best anime in recent memory

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Penguin Patrol posted:

acca 13 and one punch man are both very different, but very good shows directed by shingo natsume, one of the key staff on space dandy

little witch academia, land of the lustrous, girls' last tour, and a place further than the universe are all shows i'd give general recs too. gungale online is a good recent anime that's just about lesbians playing an mmofps together

it's further back but i also really like the first season of blood blockade battlefront, manga from the trigun dude adapted into an anime by a lady who got her start working on kids' magical girl anime. it's cool. second season is pretty fun too but it didn't hook me, different director and it's a fully direct manga adaptation so it doesn't have any sort of narrative throughline, but there are some really good episodes

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 1, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i kinda want a good mmofps right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...