Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bloodychill posted:

Clicky keyboards suck for anyone you play multiplayer over voice chat with and you know it.

stop using open mic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

bloodychill posted:

Clicky keyboards suck for anyone you play multiplayer over voice chat with and you know it.

I've never had an issue, get a not lovely mic that picks up sound directionaly?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I am not the person with the clicky keyboard or mic in this scenario and the many real experiences that inform it. I would think that obvious.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

mute whoever’s broadcasting their keyboard noises over open mic

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Clack louder back at them to establish keyboard dominance.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
On the other hand, hearing someone get progressively saltier just by the sound of their keyboard is hilarious

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
push to talk isn't hard people

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

suuma posted:

push to talk isn't hard people

It annoys me if I'm playing a controller game. Not enough buttons!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Get a headset with a built-in PTT button/mute

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mute everyone no matter what

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Saint Freak posted:

I like this strategy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

Mute everyone no matter what

:yeah:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

uh, why?

https://gematsu.com/2018/08/spyro-reignited-trilogy-requires-content-download-to-play-spyro-2-and-3

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak posted:

bloodychill posted:

I like this strategy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

use this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

-Why did this old 90s game have such good voice acting and writing
-Why has nobody ever made another game like it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the original creators tried to kickstart a new one in the past year or so but they got lawsuited into oblivion by the lovely game company that bought up the license

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I don't know about the main consoles, but they've definitely done this a lot with Switch games so that the publisher doesn't have to pony up for the larger capacity cards.

I know the iD games had large portions of their games that had to be downloaded.

Maybe they can get Spyro 1 onto a smaller bluray disc and putting all 3 games on one disc would force them to jump up to a model with a larger capacity. Though I really don't know anything about bluray costs/sizes at all.

Also, maybe Spyro 1 was the only finished game when it needed to be sent to the factory and Spyro 2 and 3 are still being worked on?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's everybody up to today? I'm just lying in bed still like I do every day. There's this tabletop game called Gratuitous Anime Gimmick that some goon named Lunatic Sledge made and I've been rereading the rules for it because I've been wanting to put together a campaign for a play-by-post thing but I'm bad at writing so I h aven't come up with much yet.

Hopefully everybody is having a good Wednesday! It feels like a Thursday to me, my mental clock is off but that's hardly new. I never know what the current time is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want to get this trilogy, but I would rather play it on PC.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I really want to get this trilogy, but I would rather play it on PC.

Considering the Crash trilogy just came out on PC, I'm sure Spyro will make its way over eventually.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

the original creators tried to kickstart a new one in the past year or so but they got lawsuited into oblivion by the lovely game company that bought up the license

stardock is literally trying to erase their names as the creators lol

what a corporate shithole

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

Considering the Crash trilogy just came out on PC, I'm sure Spyro will make its way over eventually.

This is true! I have the Crash trilogy on PC. I beat Crash 1 but haven't had a chance to play Crash 2.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
careful what you say about stardock, you might get bees set on you

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

careful what you say about stardock, you might get bees set on you

All I know about Stardock is that the CEO of the company is a massive shithead. Which is not at all shocking news in the game industry, I know.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I said come in! posted:

All I know about Stardock is that the CEO of the company is a massive shithead. Which is not at all shocking news in the game industry, I know.

he set loose bees in the offices

one of his employees was allergic to bees

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Has anyone played Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander? Is it a good game? It's less than $5 on Humble Bundle and it looks cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Colonel posted:

he set loose bees in the offices

one of his employees was allergic to bees

Bees are pretty cool though, but not when someone is allergic, that part is not so cool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
ants are the coolest hive insect imo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJb7ed3ueLk

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

ants are the coolest hive insect imo

I was watching the Planet Earth II documentary last night, and the episode on plains mentioned that ants cover 30% of all plains on the planet. That is a lot of god drat ants. I need to make a white deck in Magic the Gathering that specializes in ants.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

rear end posted:

Dude Weed Lol,

Dude Weed is a good name

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I said come in! posted:

I was watching the Planet Earth II documentary last night, and the episode on plains mentioned that ants cover 30% of all plains on the planet. That is a lot of god drat ants.

They also cover 30% of all plates in the office kitchen, clean up after yourselves YOUR MOTHER DOES NOT WORK HERE PEOPLE!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Bees are pretty cool though, but not when someone is allergic, that part is not so cool.

bees are cool, so set them outside where they can frolic and pollinate instead of inside a gross office where they'll probably just die

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

They also cover 30% of all plates in the office kitchen, clean up after yourselves YOUR MOTHER DOES NOT WORK HERE PEOPLE!!!

my old job required a couple of people to clean the kitchen every day and it was the nicest work kitchen I've ever seen

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Really, how cool of a motivation is this for the main antagonist;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag50ct3EBxQ&t=197s

Evil, chilling, but still rational and logical. And you think they are the worst things around until you find their siblings that are even more hosed up but still doing horrible poo poo for a logical reason.

20+ years later you get Mass Effect 3 and "lol I guess we're genociding the galaxy to somehow keep organics and AI from killing each other while doing nothing to actually solve this problem". Ridiculous.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i like the kohr-ah’s delivery better personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The best way to play Mass Effect is to only play Mass Effect 2 with all DLC.

• Locked thread