Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The issue with mafia 3 is that you're forced to do repetitive missions to advance and like, you'd think that wouldn't be that hard to patch into something smoother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

bloodychill posted:

What does the back of his jersey say? Is it just a black rectangle?

He's not in the game cause he doesn't play in the NFL anymore. What happened is that they licenced a song for the game where his name is mentioned and they bleeped it out.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

This is the farthest i've ever gotten in Yakuza 0. This port, and sega's subsequent support of it, has been loving horrible so far.

SQUARE ENIX had three patches out for FF15 within the first 24 hours. If you can't measure up to bumbling SE, that says something really bad about your company.

It's been one day

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

yes, launch day. you might say it's a pretty important one, as singular days go. maybe you missed reading the part where i said that even square enix was able to put out three patches in one day

it's $20

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

like get a refund but you need to lighten up

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

I mean, it's okay to be peeved off at a gamebreaking bug

There's peeved and then there's gently caress YOU SEGA. Like the fact that there's a pc port of a Yakuza game is kind of miracle and earns them a bit of patience imo.

I also it feels worth noting that Sega has done a string of unexpected PC ports like Vanquish and Puyo Puyo Tetris and they all had launch bugs that were eventually sorted out.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Vanquish on PC was advertised as having higher framerates but you took damage more quickly the higher the framerate was so it made it insanely hard. They patched that lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol thinking about those "play it a week early by pre-ordering it!" programs

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I want to play a game as a murder lesbian but I want it to be fun and not have its entire head up its rear end.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gay

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

nice

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

sonic is against oppression

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

bloodychill posted:

My lovely late night grammar hosed up my point. What I basically meant was “Criticisms around performative sexuality in AAA games mirror the same things I’ve seen chud twitter level as criticisms towards lgbtq folks.”

To expand, I read endorph’s criticism as “It doesn’t matter if this main character is lesbian because it is just a thin veneer used to sell games, as evidenced by how the theme was an after-thought in the original game.” This, despite a key early game character being a gay man, Ellie quietly commenting about his sexuality, and sympathizing with him. There’s some subtlety to that story-telling and yet I still see criticisms around these games being that it is all performative.

Then comes claims that western RPG’s are all DND-based despite the fact that all the lauded low-mid tier western RPG’s over the last few years, including the Shadowrun reboot, the newer Divinity games, Witcher, Mechwarrior, and PoE, are dropping their ties to DND. They’ve also become more character-driven than older western RPG’s.

I don’t mind it if people like Japanese games. I play and love a lot of Japanese games. 3 out of the 4 games I’m playing write now are Japanese developed Switch games. However, the constant love for Japanese games from the same posters combined with making excuses for their often regressive and repressive culture does come off as straight-up orientalist. Where any support for lgbtq characters in western gaming made by western writers is seen as performative and a shallow attempt to make a profit, Japanese developers are bold artists making bold statements. This, despite the fact that those developers have the same profit motives, are demonstrably just as likely to pander and sell sex, and just as likely as western developers to iterate on stale gameplay.

I didn't read this

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lmao

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1025434223782457345

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Shantcar

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

chumbler posted:

Cmon dog.

Shantank

the only thing more powerful than a girl who turned into a tank is a girl who turned into a car

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

warioware gold gives me a deep warm fuzzy feeling it rules

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the PC is a vita now

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

There was a cancelled batman series in early development at the turn of the century where Batman was summoned like a pokemon by kids

oh this is like Marvel Disk Wars

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The Colonel posted:

have you ever considered how hosed up it is that yakuza was created by the same guy as monkey ball but monkey ball does not appear as an arcade game in any yakuza title

what the gently caress

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

So 32 hours in, I think MHW is one of my favourite games of all time.

Would it be worth emulating the earlier games once I’m done with this one? Or are they different enough that I probably wouldn’t enjoy them, being a filthy casual?

Your best bet is probably getting the one coming to switch this month.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

was it used? do they still make laptops with drives?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the joycons rule and my hands are normal

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm glad this is the only place I spent my early 20s posting on the internet, when the gay forums finally die all of my shameful dumb poo poo I said will disappear.

Aren't we be archived by the library of congress

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Verranicus posted:

Told my wife about this thread and she said she wouldn't want me streaming with women for hours at a time, and I don't think she's sexist. People have different reasons for poo poo, and most people aren't perfect or above jealousy, and if this dude thinks he has to avoid lady streamers to be safe that's fine. It's not like he's shouting that girl gamers suck or gently caress women or anything like that. :shrug:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

SMT4A is so loving good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Archive Team loving rules

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thinking about Verranicus's avatar and loling

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

100 degrees Calcium posted:

When someone posts something funny on the internet: "This is the art."

When someone posts something abhorrent on the internet: "This is the artist."

this post gave me a stroke

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Have I misrepresented the argument? I honestly don't get what people mean by "separate the art from the artist." It just seems like rubbish to me :shrug:

OH it was an irony I guess lol

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The ratchet and clank reboot was kinda short

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm gay

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ty

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

I regret to inform you all that buttminers have already bought all the nvidias 20- series cards despite not existing yet.

nvidia is actually expecting zero profit from crypto

https://twitter.com/jwangARK/status/1030194513170636800

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It sucks but the program it was competing with at Best Buy shut down so it's not shocking. It sucks tho, GCU ruled.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

thought about this video today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3pn7rOfc

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

but is it...

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

just remembered again that tetris effect is happening and freaking out

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bayo 2 is the best in its genre but DMC4 is very good and there's a very good chance that DMC5 will be the best of all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

What will they call it?

Tomb Raiding

• Locked thread