Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I want a democracy world tour shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Terrifying Effigies posted:

According to Bellingcat it looks like there actually were exploding UAVs at Maduro's event, counter to the reports about a possible kitchen propane explosion:

https://twitter.com/N_Waters89/status/1026767097366503424

Botched CIA attempt lmao

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
my gf of 3 years wantsa ring and a child but she can't take the dog to poo poo in the morning so i just fast foward a few years and think about my child asking me why mommy is always late to pick up from school or why doesnt mommy drop them off at school so idk what to do

the pussy game is ridic tho

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

psydude posted:

At least there was an active uprising in Libya, as opposed to say, invading a country under falsified pretenses and dragging the entire region into a 15 year long war that wasted trillions of dollars and millions of lives and ultimately accomplished nothing.

Vietnam or Iraq or Afghanostan who knowssssss

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Nunes just happened to mention that they were waiting till their Supreme Court appointment gets appointed and they're going to impeach Rosenstein so thats something

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

They probably should just go to feeder leagues. Let's get rid of the pretense that there's anything academic going on here and rid ourselves of the malignant tumor that is college football.

Football isn't forever and the free ride an athlete gets can give the athlete a chance at a productive life. Athletic scholarships open doors for many low income kids and give many people an opportunity to experience college who never could. There are def things that need to be fixed about the system but I wholeheartedly believe it's a net positive for society and the individual athlete.

Also college football is the reason most of your extra curriculars and women's sports exist.

E: WRS do not have an average career of six years idk where your getting your numbers.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm uh gunna try to do a barrel roll

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Godholio posted:

Sports Illustrated and statista.

They're super loving wrong or youre using old numbers also I have opinions to share but I've been on the beach all weekend so :effort:

Six years gtfo. That would mean most guys are signing second contracts lmao.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I know that death by diseas is probably pretty far down on our list of end of the world scenarios but

quote:

An ongoing Ebola outbreak is spreading across the Democratic Republic of Congo's North Kivu province, and it has health officials gravely concerned due to conflict in the area along with other factors.

The country's Ministry of Health announced Monday that 57 cases of hemorrhagic fever have been reported in the region: 30 confirmed and 27 probable.
The outbreak has left 41 people dead, according to the World Health Organization.
WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus visited the city of Beni and the Mangina area in North Kivu. Mangina, which is about 30 kilometers or 19 miles from Beni, sits at the epicenter of the outbreak.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/health/congo-ebola-outbreak-update?no-st=1534363999

I recently read Demon in the Freezer and a couple other books so im probably kind of sensitive to this poo poo but lmao

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

quote:

In a follow-up on the polio situation in Papua New Guinea, a new polio case was reported this week by the National Department of Health of Papua New Guinea (NDOH) and the World Health Organization (WHO) in a 22-month old girl from Eastern Highlands Province.

his is the fourth case in the country, following confirmation of two cases from Morobe Province in June and July 2018 and a case from Enga in early August.

The girl had an onset of paralysis on 8 July. Based on initial laboratory results, this case is genetically linked to the current outbreak in the country.

The NDOH has enhanced surveillance system and continuously receives reports of suspected acute flaccid paralysis. To date, there are 65 suspected cases being investigated.

The identification of the case highlights the risk of polio in children under 5 years of age. Children can be protected from polio only with vaccination. Given substantial vaccination coverage gaps across the country, the risk of further spread of polio within the country continues to be classified as high.

The NDOH calls on parents to bring every child under 5 years of age to the nearest health center or vaccination point for polio drops during the next round of the polio campaign in August on the following schedules:

20 August – 2 September 2018: Morobe, Madang and Eastern Highlands provinces
27 August – 9 September 2018: Enga, Chimbu, Southern Highlands, Western Highlands, Jiwaka and Hela
September and October 2018: nationwide polio vaccination campaign
Children will need to receive multiple doses of oral polio vaccine, irrespective of previous immunization status. The vaccine is safe, free and has a unique ability to stop person-to-person spread of the virus.

dont vaccinate your kids tho

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

The whole point of the post-9/11 consolidation was to make it so the CIA could access the NSA’s sigint and cyber capabilities and vice-versa rather than everybody poorly duplicating each other’s jobs but here we are

Flynn was great at sharing information and getting it to the right people who could utilize actionable intelligence on a compressed timeline

Than. ...whelp

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

just FYI a good conversation starter with Hispanic girls is to ask "Disculpe, mi Español muy mal, ¿Como se dice 'Trump esto puto'?"

Tengo una fiesta en mis pantalones

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Hot take. American Football is incredibly violent and will die in the next 10 years as no sane parent will let their kid play it. And any attempts to make it “safe” will make it boring as poo poo.
Also kneeling players, racist owners, Trump, etc

7 on 7 tournaments are certainly an option but the line play makes football football and also is what gives everyone CTE so it is both the life and will be the death of the sport.

I aways ask people if they'd let their kids play and it's usually skewed somewhere between 60 yes and 40 no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I was born in the backseat of a greyhound bus rolling down Highway 41

E: Joe Rogan is an idiot savant when discussing anything having to do with martial arts, martial Sports or fighting. He is incredibly well informed and has been involved with professional fighting organizations since forever. He has a lifelong passion for it and it really shows. In that narrow channel, Joe is the loving man. The rest of his poo poo is like roughly equivalent to speaking to an undergrad who just took their first psychology class

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Aug 31, 2018

• Locked thread