Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Nuclear War posted:

Well. "A lot" might be stretching it. A couple of inches at most

holy toledo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

golden bubble posted:

To pull from the latest issue of the New York Magazine.

The triumph of the neoliberal consensus, post-1989, was to naturalize the economy. Here are these laws that are fairly apolitical, untouchable, the equivalent of the laws of nature. What the financial crisis, and then the response to the financial crisis, did was to denaturalize that again. What was once viewed as laws of nature are once more seen as laws of men. And the laws of men can be changed.

Libertarians cannot accept that political economics is the original and rightful form of economics.

I think every libertarian should be strapped to a chair Alex DeLarge style and be forced to read any Gabriel Kolko book

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it's really, really amazing watching middling software engineers try their hand at other things because they think their competence at a small section of discrete mathematics means they know how to do everything else, and then fail spectacularly

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vasudus posted:

To be able to reasonably afford a house in Fairfax County near a metro stop I have to DINK it up hardcore. Like uh, 250k/household to even really consider it. They just built about 60 townhouses down the road and they range from 1-1.25m a pop.

who the gently caress is buying these? My wife and I are DINKs and I make good money and she makes medium money and... we're not even close.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Same boat here. At this rate, we're planning on buying in MD in PG County or something because we could give a poo poo about schools since we're not having kids.

I just tapped out, moved to Chicago and did my job remotely. There's way fewer ways to get the TS/SCI megabuxx but if I can't do anything with them then what's the point

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

WE GOT HIM

mueller_kicks_door_open.gif

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dance on the bad man's grave

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

yes I am sure the chief officers of one of the world's largest defense contractors certainly is sad to see mccain go, lmao

psydude posted:

Nobody's saying that. McCain was one of the last members of the Republican party who was occasionally willing to cooperate on poo poo like campaign finance reform and projecting soft power. Good luck getting that from Tom Cotton.

It's the same reason why people were bummed when Kennedy retired from the bench. Yeah he had some horrible decisions, but he was also willing to vote the moderate position on some key stuff. You won't get that out of Kavanaugh.

how many times do you say "well, actually," in a given day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Bolow posted:

So uh Netanyahu apparently started monologuing like a loving Marvel villain during a renaming ceremony for a Nuclear Research Facility

https://twitter.com/israelipm/status/1034849460344573952

:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1035288889102151681

• Locked thread