Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Kind of a shame, i wonder what his ostrich coat looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes.

I mean to be fair this is all completely irrelevant to the question of whether the money was legitimate and whether he paid his taxes on it. It makes me fear that the prosecutors aren't playing this well and we'll end up with a Bundy like jury nullification.

I assume (hope) they're showing that he had X amount of money on his tax returns while he was spending even more in a given year.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Miloshe posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

A guy in my SERE stick somehow managed it. Some radio show also held a contest "Hold Your Wee to Win a Wii" and some poor mother died from it years back, I believe.

I remember that, the radio hosts got in deep poo poo because a nurse called in to warn them and they laughed it off. And yeah she died, poor family.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Vasudus posted:

I posted this in 2012. The event itself happened in 2005 long before any of the ISIS shenanigans. Said LT is now a civilian high up in the Pepsi corporation that his daddy got him a job.

I had forgotten this, you invaded Syria, holy poo poo!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Maybe he's telling the truth, he's so unconcerned about junior he just sold him out.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

EBB posted:

I don't care if they like the censorship, the good caused by not letting fascists speak in the first place outstrips the bad of muzzling them. If all you have to say is how much you hate everybody not like you then there's not much to say.

They love feeling persecuted and would manufacture a cause to be victimized even if they were given everything they want.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Caufman posted:

You should keep a supply of potable water on hand. It's a good idea even when the deep state is not couping.

I have a pet lizard that I'll use as a hostage when the interstellar reptiloids try to take over.

Somehow this plan is even less insane than the president's favorite news sources.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I'm going to preempt the spin that this means his golf outings are actually work trips because cadet bonespurs SUPPORTS ARE TROOPS.

Thelonious posted:

I'm in the middle of nowhere but at least as a child at the end of the cold war I was sandwiched comfortably between a SAC base and another primary target. Hopefully there's still a few warheads pointed this way because I never did escape.

I live outside a small city (actually the setting to a book a couple years ago about a high altitude burst). I joke about going mad max and being ok with cannibalism but I really don't want to survive the first strike.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I can't help but except Trump will want to make himself a 4 star general of the space force.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Make a Trump steak- get a cheap cut of beef, burn it to a crisp and slather it in ketchup and the maga hat shreds.

Also I bet there will be no physical fitness requirements to get in- Trump will want to be the first to enter the service and no way he clears a medical exam.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Plane guy went out in a blaze of glory.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Casimir Radon posted:

Omarosa claims Donnie wanted to be sworn in with The Art of the Deal. I'm sure she's lied about other stuff but even Donnie isn't enough of a retard baby to try something like that. I would like to observe the mental gymnastics the evangelicals would go through in a paralel dimension where it did happen though.

The problem with being outrageous all the time is that when people start to make up the truly nutty stuff no one will believe you when you say you didn't do it. He made his bed, he can lie in it.

You know, after the Russian hookers pee in it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

So he wanted to keep her on because she said nice things about him. Goddamn he's not even trying to hide how fragile his ego is anymore.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Didn't someone tell these morons what the Tim Allen/John Travolta biker movie was making fun of?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

not caring here posted:

They all ride those harley's with all that extraneous poo poo that changes them from bikes to what are basically 2 wheel smart cars. I imagine that being oblivious is not a limited quality here.

Related, I call trikes training wheels and refuse to wave back when I ride past them.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Can we call them the National Security Defense Action Party, or NSDAP for short?

Also the theranos wiki page is hilarious to read. They didn't think anything very far ahead, did they?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
All this talk about the climate clusterfuck heading our way is making me just as anxious as I was when I started reading up on nuclear war possibilities, but at least with that one I could comfort myself by saying it probably won't happen. It's like at this point we need Thanos needs to snap his fingers a couple more times. Or more realistically a spanish flu part two.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

LingcodKilla posted:

For gods sake an adult in the room needs to cancel this.

I wonder how much his military uniform alone is gonna cost.

He can probably get something that belonged to Idi Amin. They're about the same size and there's still a bit of room to add at least one more medal.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I almost expect he'll put on a medal of honor. It's like part of his subconscious brain says to do everything he can to piss people off because it gets him attention.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
On the plus side, that might have been Tesla's most profitable division.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
On one hand it's the hundred year anniversary of the end of world war 1, so I can almost see an argument for a parade. On the other hand no one has actually made that argument and instead it's driven solely by Trump's desire to stroke his ego. He's literally the reason we can't have nice things.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Don Dongington posted:

We do Remembrance day here in Aus, and it's the most solemn day on the calendar, with a minute of silence at 11:11. It remains true to its intent, and is a good example of what a day of remembrance should be.

Unlike Anzac day, which has become a politicised national day of making GBS threads on the left by nationalists and conservatives seeking to co-opt what used to be a day of remembrance of the time the UK wasted 2000 of us by throwing us against a couple companies of Ottoman machine gunners.

Everyone involved is dead, so it's become corrupted by people who claim to speak for them.

I guess you guys have your own version of "SUPPORT ARE TROOPS" too.

This might be going way off topic and it predates the great war a bit but you reminded me of something I read about a year or so ago, are Australians still pressing the Breaker Morant thing?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Kind of figured, it's a weird historical case that I imagine some politicians might drag up every now and then to score points about "Australia first" or something like that, merits or demerits of the case notwithstanding.

I have to agree though, the more I learn about Australia it sounds like America with cooler accents and crazier animals.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I guess this is as good a time as any to plug hardcore history's WW1 series "blueprint for armageddon." It's still free on the website/itunes for now.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

maffew buildings posted:

Follow that up with The Sword and the Shield for the KGB variety of disaster.

Oleg Gordievsky was a KGB defector who wrote three books about how kooky they were in the 80s under Andropov as well.

e: "KGB: The Untold Story," "Comrade Kryuchkov's Instructions," and "More Instructions from the Center" for anyone who cares.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 18, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Casimir Radon posted:

CHUDs have tried to blame at the time state senator Obama for the Iraq War. These are not smart people.

Giuliani also said there were no successful terrorist attacks till Obama came along.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

McNally posted:

He had just finished talking about 9/11 when he said that, too.

To be fair, that was every sentence out of his mouth till Trump hired him to make a fool of himself on tv (with his work experience, he was the perfect choice).

edit:

Viva Miriya posted:

Thanks. I'll read up on them as well

Start with KGB (it's a big loving book though) and Comrade Kryuchkov, the other book is really short and more like an addendum and sure as hell isn't worth what it's going for on amazon.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 19, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
You're a cruel bastard.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Nick Soapdish posted:

And here is a good thread on why the statue, like every other Confederate statue, is bullshit
https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/1031722853710880768

Kinda reminds me how South Carolina didn't fly the confederate flag till the civil rights movement started up.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Man the 5 am crapper-tweets are going to be amazing.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Arc Light posted:

From a couple pages back, but...

The excuse explanation, as always, is the electoral college. When a voter in a GOP stronghold state is worth far, far more per electoral vote than a voter in, say, California, it's always going to be an uphill battle for the blue candidate.

1 person in Wyoming is worth 4 in California according to the EC.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
You mean you can't declare bankruptcy to get out of being president?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Acebuckeye13 posted:

IIRC AZ law states that any replacement has to be of the same party, but obviously there's more than a few ways to get around that.

I kinda hope that McCain goes scorched earth and joins the communist party the day before he dies just to gently caress with people. No way it'll happen but it'd be funny as hell.

E: VV boo

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 25, 2018

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Can we have the wasteland weekend guys attack burning man and recreate the Road Warrior? Except this time we root for the Lord Humungus.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/TomiObaro/status/1031946036380614656

Honestly can't be mad at China on this one

Arguing for the legitimacy of stolen artifacts is the most euro thing

They need to make a movie about this with Jackie Chan.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Is it a bad thing that I'm kind of excited to see Dubya do something in public again? I can't help but wonder how he'll flub it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

I imagine this is an appropriate summation of that video, but gently caress if I'm ever going to track it down:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SKkd79AjQ&t=101s

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I've said it before and I'll probably say it till the bombs actually fall, but I've got a muscle car, a leather jacket, and I'm ok with cannibalism so bring on the wasteland.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Man the stuff I've been through is pretty paltry compared to the stuff in this thread, mostly a couple jackasses wanting to see my greencard or asking if I'll give their change back in pesos. Dumbest part is I'm white, there's like one native american ancestor in my family tree a couple generations back but for some reason the genes are strong as hell so I'm brown. Hell I have ancestors that fought in the american revolution but gently caress if I'm going into my family history with someone that uses the family guy skin tone card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

why don't yall just utilize stand your ground laws against these aggressive white people

MRC48B posted:

"Stand your ground" only counts when you use it on brown people, obv.

• Locked thread