Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

psydude posted:

No but really Ohio is the most boring state in the country.

:jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

Ohio is the most boring relative to both the number of people that live there and the chance that an average person will end up being sent there for work.

So it's the most boring when compared to.....which states exactly?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

Well he mentioned Nebraska, but Nebraska doesn't have any major cities and 11.6 million people living in it. And yet 95% of Ohio could be mistaken for Nebraska.

And that still didn't answer my question. Which states ARE you stacking Ohio against?

Well, what are you looking for in a major city that Ohio doesn't have?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

Natural beauty of the surrounding area that doesn't involve hundreds of miles of farms periodically interrupted by factory towns?

So you are saying that for a state with that large of a population it should have more natural beauty?

Also ignoring it's coastline, National and state parks and that almost a third of the state is just forests and rolling hills?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

I'm not saying it should have anything. I'm saying that with 4 major cities and 11.6 million people you'd expect more to do.

Cincinnati is nice, though. Although they pretend to be a part of Kentucky.

What are you looking to do? Because those metro areas offer everything that any other major city does too.

Edit:I don't live in Ohio.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Dance Officer posted:

They can just call her names, make poo poo up and misquote/lie by omission her like they do with everyone else. The real question is why they haven't done so yet.

They want her to remain viable because they think she will damage the Democrats in the long run?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

College Football still has to answer for Joe Paterno.

Abolish Penn State.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

"The Texas ANG was fantastic, or so I hear"

Alabama

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

BigDave posted:

I thought the California guard was the place to be for rich white kids in the 60's.

Shut up Barry

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I'll take the over. Rosenstein needs fired first.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Pretty sure the whole commonwealth has rememberance day, cause in Canada it is the exact same situation. I really like the war memorial my city has to remember the wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-jDBVIhty0

edit: oh poo poo, the guy who made it also designed the huge Vimy Ridge memorial Canada has in France

Americans get a free bloomin onion at Outback Steakhouse. I don't think we're doing this right.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

*One more Jet Fighter, sans engine.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

EBB posted:

lol you guys know i dont track your dumb toxxes right

waaaaaay too lazy

They are giving money to good causes and probably would self report if they lost their toxxes. All you have to do is enforce against the honest ones and let the community shame the dishonest ones.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

In 20 years nobody is going to remember John McCain; most Americans will completely forget him long before that. He died a senator.

If you're really into political history, maybe you can name like five people like that. If you're not, Joe McCarthy is probably the only one you've ever heard of.

Bobby Kennedy?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

:catstare:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

What kind of sick filth would be mad about the Pats losing a superbowl

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Uhhh, to my knowledge, the Forestall fire wasn't anything to do with McCain aside from the fact he was aboard and was on the flight deck when the fire broke out.

DEEP STATE

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

McNally posted:

Okay, but I don't know what a detailed write-up about the Battle of Cedar Creek on October 19, 1864, has to do with the topic at hand.

:justpost:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

mods changed my name posted:

I mean three years and still a private? :whitewater:

3 years and kicked out as a private more likely.

Career path of failing at being a soldier(making a blind assumption), failing at law enforcement and then becoming a prison guard. I know too many people like that.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 30, 2018

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Journalists probably don’t care about the differences between pv2, pv1 and pfc.

Then again reading between the lines he was too much of a gently caress up to complete border patrol training and only a private prison would hire him ($13/hr is quoted later)

But to the point, he’s an american fuckup!

E-4 is automatic at 24 months....

Still a citizen though

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Can be automatic, as long as you pass your pt test, rifle range, and don't gently caress up somewhere along the way with an article.

Well yeah, none of that is particularly hard though.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

^^same

There are certain areas where that is the best employment prospect. I'm looking at you Central Pennsylvania.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Bolow posted:

I'd be perfectly ok with deporting Central PA to the bottom of the loving ocean

Hell, same.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

We're not going to be that lucky.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

So umm how hosed can my half Iranian cousins be with this deportation poo poo? Their Dad is Iranian and mother is American. Oh and they live in the Austin area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vasudus posted:

Real answer: it depends on how Iranian they look, sound, and have names of. If they've got "American" first or last names they're probably fine. If they've got Iranian first AND last names...uh.

Well....poo poo.

• Locked thread