Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Ohio might be boring, but it's nowhere near as lovely as Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia or half of Florida.

Sorry Savannah and Atlanta are atleast diamonds in a hunk of poo poo. The gently caress does Ohio have besides apparrntly being a state people need to care about every four years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Just a reminder that this is a thing that happened once.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Eej posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/08/saudi-arabia-canada-latest-egypt-russia

What the heck guys, you don't have our backs against the Saudis? That Orb must have some good mind control poo poo in it.

Do you really want the guy with loving brain worms to wade into this mess? Do you really?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Fallom posted:

what pizza topping exemplifies white privilege.

Pineapple. Easy.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Jarmak posted:

Like why would you expect them to make money? Providing athletics programs is something that attracts people to the school because they want to participate in athletics.

Because, the average salary for teachers is 45-70k a year at my college, while the headcoach is getting 200,000+ and the rest of his coaches are topping 90, 60, or 50k a year, and we have an unremarkable team doing gently caress all. Meanwhile, the department I'm in didn't have enough teachers this semester to teach a course that only pops up this time of year. So I can be a bit salty, that we could have cut the salary of the football coach in half, and topped the other coaches to around 60k and gotten another two professors or so.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

M_Gargantua posted:

Excellent sign. Guillotines also acceptable.

:colbert: Factually incorrect sign you mean. You can Bash the Fash with a board with a nail in it, a bat with barbwire around it, a brick in a sock, etc, etc.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

See, this could be a hot market.

"Each spike on this bat is tipped with steel from one of those CMP 1911s that actually shot/shot at nazis"
"the grip is wrapped with fibers from the rope that they used to hang von ribbentropp"

That and doing stuff like pouring a pound or two of buckshot into the bat and learning how to handle the weight shift so you get a little extra oomph when bashing the fash.

A sock made of the fiber from flags hung on the Reichstag and a brick from Dresden?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

EBB posted:

So what do we call the Proud Boys instead? Neo-Fascists?

How about Nazi Adjacent? You know, the people who probably wouldn't have a problem with jackbooted brown shirts carting off jews and minorities, but maybe wanna be low key and not tell their friends and family that Hitler did nothing wrong.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Soon the Axis will all be communist.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

A bunch of news papers collaborated today and released a bunch of commentary pieces calling Trump a brain wormed fascist because he keeps calling journalists enemies of the people at the same time. Trump of course, not a fan of this.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

not that it makes too much of a difference but the Catholic League is basically just that guy

the church wants nothing to do with him

Not excommunicated doesn't count.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/michael_hendrix/status/1031549858736472064?s=21

What if we eliminated taxes... but only for old people?!

I'm down with this if we do some logans run thing for people who are currently over 60.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I too would have liked the current GOP to be more like McCain by comparison, but that's like saying "I would like the Death Cultists to be a little less Death Cultisty." and not "I would like the Death Cultists to stop being loving Death Cultists and go away."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Somehow about once a week I go into some sort of trance in awe of how dumb he is.

I don't I am more in awe of seemingly intelligent people who fall into his bullshit.

My room mate is highly educated, and for some weird reason when it comes to Trump he'll die on the hill that is "Trump isn't a giant dumb man baby."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The kicker is this is all of this was an ad for his latest political fan fiction book.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

egyptian rat race posted:

I remember the days where you could fly to Mexico without any documents, appear at the border, go "lol whoopsie", swear to the customs people you were a citizen and walk on in. My mom straight up forgot her documents on vacation and they let her in.

She's white, though

What theoretically is supposed to happen these days? Say you go to Canada and come back and find you don't have any form of pass port or ID on you at the border. Do you just go lol, welp and wait at the check point until a dude can run your SSN or something?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Waroduce posted:

E: Joe Rogan is an idiot savant when discussing anything having to do with martial arts, martial Sports or fighting. He is incredibly well informed and has been involved with professional fighting organizations since forever. He has a lifelong passion for it and it really shows. In that narrow channel, Joe is the loving man. The rest of his poo poo is like roughly equivalent to speaking to an undergrad who just took their first psychology class

As a dude who does fight sports for fun. I want to scream this at my gym mates every time he gets brought up outside of his lane. Same goes for Jocko Willink, although I'm not actually sure what the gently caress Jocko's lane is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

Well he's Jewish so, maybe he hasn't?

Yea, I'm fairly certain Jewish yahweh is fire, brimstone, and floods cloud man.

• Locked thread