Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kids are stupid, man. My dad had me helping him set up his lovely MLM poo poo at whatever bullshit place he got a booth that week. I bought into that poo poo regularly because my grandparents supported his dumb poo poo, mortgaged the farm over it, and would just roll on with the next BIG thing.

Those kids have no goddamn idea what the real world is and don't understand what's going on in front of them. It's a goddamn circus to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

FrozenVent posted:

If Obama had had the balls to kill kids, Trump wouldn’t have had to.

*Drone buzzing by*

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Iron Rose posted:

I kinda like the jackets but thats just my bad taste in fashion

I mean his in particular isn't great. But the other examples are really nice. The

Do you go to discos and cosplay like it's 1978? Because that's about the only place those jackets make sense to me.

I bet Paul's a Bee Gees fan.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Another Colorado Springs cop was shot last night. Makes like, four this year so far.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is the town that shut off its street lights to save money, right?

I don't think so? The streetlights along my road come on at night, so probably not. Even then, there's a half million people here, cutting off street lights is probably low on the list of things since there was a budget surplus in the city last year.

Cop was shot around 3am and they still had a sizable swath of town locked off from traffic at lunch, probably still. He was responding to a shots fired randomly in the streets call, apparently. He was still in critical condition when I saw the news blurb on lunch.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, this place is retarded.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

It's a shame too because the springs and the surrounding areas are absolutely gorgeous. It's just a chud refuge.

You can manage to avoid the chuds to some extent. They generally don't partake in the nature stuff here, or if they do, it's to the visitor center and the high points then back to their vans or suvs.

Traffic is goddamn retarded though. All the countrys' worst drivers in one place.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That somehow isn't on the local news on tv. They're all focused on the cop that was shot the other morning.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vasudus posted:

wow the springs really is a libertarian magnet

It's loving crazy here.

Honestly, I only ended up here because Denver is hilariously expensive and Pueblo seems like it was used to film all the "generic lovely neighborhood" shots in Breaking Bad.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mlmp08 posted:

Also speaking of NRA, Dana Loesch said she was publicly lynched.

She got better.

Superbeets!

When I see her name in the news, I think of terrible tasting vegetable based energy drinks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Harvard cuts Gen X off at 1985 or so. Boomers were '46-65, gen X was '66-85ish. Millenials 85ish-05, then whatever they call kids now. About a decade ago I heard the '06- kids were going to be called Digital Natives or some poo poo, but haven't heard it since and it's probably because of the Native part.

Casimir Radon posted:

Has anyone checked out the Topp's Desert Stirm trading cards thread in GBS? I kind of think I'll make a template when I get home and we can make updated cards for GWOT.

Piss Tube
Burn Pit
Morality Waiver
Black Mold
Achmed Chalabi
Scooter Libby
Swiftboating
Lee Greenwood
Bin Laden Mountain Fortress Playset
Mobile Weapons Laboratory
Sean Hannity
ADE 651
Mission Accomplished

Dude. How could you forget Reflective (PT) Belt?

And electrocuting shower trailers.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Thought that was NationalGuard.jpg?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ohio might be boring, but it's nowhere near as lovely as Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia or half of Florida.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I had some friends from trade school from Ohio that I went and visited after I got back from deployment in 2005. Small town people, reminded me of small town Illinois. I drove to Nova Scotia on that trip, so Ohio was easily the most forgettable part, and was on the way back.

I meant in terms of social progress and poo poo, Ohio is kinda beyond those states I mentioned in the other post. If we balanced what states were great by their food and partying, Florida would be suspiciously out of place.

Georgia can just burn in loving hell. I've never had a positive experience in Georia cities or with Georgian people. Beautiful mountains and countryside, but Sherman hosed up by not burning every structure to the ground and salting the path behind him.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 5, 2018

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Meh, I tend to see Dumbass in Texas stories more than dumbass in Ohio stories. Weird poo poo just happens there like it's another bermuda triangle, like when that guy offed himself after setting his personal zoo free

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That Works posted:

Dead to me

Ok maybe not. :hfive:

Louisiana isn't a chart topper to me. They have crazy poo poo happen, but it's more of the total picture that makes it a miserable place. Heat, stupid high humidity, lack of some progressive thinking. I've written off a handful of states that I'll never visit again, Louisiana isn't one of them, character is its' saving grace.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shaddak posted:

Thought this belonged here.

Saw this posted in gbs followed with "ah, TriCareatops" and immediately loved the term. Which is fine, because Dependapotami is a little stale.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Kansas challenge: I-70, marijuana, Gordon Lightfoots' greatest hits on repeat. Try not to die. Or get busted at toll booths.

At least the roads are nice. Can't say that for the Tulsa Turnpike a state down, and that's a loving toll road too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Someone I went to school with had twins. That’ll be a million bucks.

Lol.

Can't wait to hear my brother bitch about the bill he gets for his premature daughters' care.

She's a touch over a month old and not quite 5 lbs yet. Still in NICU.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Him and his wife both have different insurance, so they're double covered. If they haven't hit their max deductibles yet, there's gonna be some bitching, but the big expenses should be covered.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Smiling Jack posted:

we didn't spring for the private room so neither of my kids cost us a dime out of pocket go union

we did have to share a room with a new mother and newborn who were both undergoing opiate withdrawl on #2 tho, that was interesting. Aside from the grandfather who came after work, nobody came to visit her.

:smith:

Man, I'll go union again if I find a unionized marijuana workforce. Weed being in legal gray areas as it is, needs to unionize, and I don't give a poo poo if I just worked as a trimmer because union.

I want a 420 Local.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

M_Gargantua posted:

My sister, also a premie, cost $3.2M if you adjust for inflation. My parents had to pay $200,000 out of pocket, even with both of them being well insured.

A cousin of mine was a month or so early, same situation with insurance, uncle still had to take out against his house, back in the 90s.

This niece of mine being two months early is breaking some family records, so the hospital bill before insurance should be a record too.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
West Virginia isn't exactly known for fruiting geniuses from its loin so you can probably assume it was olds trusting their kids and maybe seeing a piece or two on the news about buttcoins.

People are retarded everywhere.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LingcodKilla posted:

Who is this absestos lobby group that somehow pushed this through?

Oh Russia? Shocker.

Not surprised by that. Next thing on the docket, cheap leaded interior paint from Russia for import!

Asbestos is never going away entirely, it pretty much thrives in industrial insulation because no one gives a poo poo if it's around all the pipes at work or whatever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Don't forget your fish antibiotics for your prepper kit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

reread matterhorn recently and when the main character loses his rifle during the course of a medevac he just has to buy a new one from supply.

This reminds me of the guy that drove off Anaconda with his SAW on the roof of his truck, which it fell off of and was driven over by half a dozen trucks.

I bet that was expensive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Casimir Radon posted:

Probably direct burial too.

If that's the case, eliminating the need for burying conduit and access points throws tons of money back into the budget. But army being army, it probably runs through six inch pipe to concrete junctions.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Only way I've personally seen it done was at an airport while we were pulling something stupid like 4/O copper and the comms guys that hosed with fiber handled their own poo poo.

PVC conduit encased in concrete, meeting at manholed concrete junctions. That being an airport, the standards are higher, so it's probably not the regular thing everywhere.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

mods changed my name posted:

Weezer is back with a cover of Toto's "Africa" if you thought poo poo couldn't get any dumber

That was a month or so ago. It's been roundly poo poo on and praised, so, whatever.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean are there flat earther’s out there who don’t believe in pizzagate QAnon poo poo

You know what's great? Shaq's a flat earther. And there's commercials of him hocking foot powder or something with a globe next to him.

Always gets a chuckle out of me when I see the commercial.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I swear I'm going to answer the German call of destiny some day and grab one of those.

I'm like, a quarter german, and that's installed on my xbox. 2015 is on my fire tablet.

It's nothing like real american farming. No droughts, no auger accidents, no kids drowning in hoppers full of grain. But it passes the time.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Fallom posted:

You mean RADICALIFORNIA?

I'm so sick of that dumb gently caress commercial. Goddamn worthless gently caress Walker Stapleton.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-make-arrest-46-people-overdose-connecticut-park/story?id=57195273

Total's up to 70-something overdosed on spice/k2. No one died, but what the gently caress, just legalize weed already.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Most every lovely job drug tests already anyhow.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Still have my copy of Endurance around somewhere. drat good book.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
That's loving ballsy. Even ballsier, not carrying hush cash to pay off snoopy fucks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Charlie Sheen is his spirit animal.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, atlas shrugged was going to be at least two movies. I remember when there was talk they were trying to get brad pitt to play Rearden and Angelina to play the protagonist oval office.

I can't help but believe those movies were backed by someone like the Kochs.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hooters usually slings Tyson wings. Or at least the one I cooked at in 2014 did. They're better quality than I saw when I cooked at Buffalo Wild Wings, usually larger too. If you got lovely wings at Hooters, it's usually because it's overcooked, or one of the two dozen plus sauces was a bad choice.

That said, the mens restroom was always cleaner than the womens. They paid better than the local bars I worked at previous to it, too. The volume is goddamn insane though, so if you go during a rush, you're waiting 20+ minutes for chicken.

The fried pickles and that burger with pico/guac are loving great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I've always wondered what happens if a guy applies to be a waiter at hooters, can they discriminate based on gender?

"I'm sorry, but our wait staff is full at the moment, but we can offer you our dishwashing position."

• Locked thread