Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Gotta respect a CEO that in touch with his customers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I have no idea why track scholarships are still a thing cause no one watches track but it is legit a great driver for academically and athletically talented people from often minority backgrounds to pay for college.

Ideally these talented people can get college paid for some other way, but we as a society are going to cancel track scholarships long before we set up another system where poor people get college paid for.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

If you want to learn real job skills, just get a unpaid internship for a couple years. So frustrating that people want things handed to them, when all you got to do is live in daddy's summer house for a bit and borrow their third car.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Us big city liberals don't understand how well hiring unhinged reality stars plays in the heartland

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The right wing hasn't faced real rhetorical opposition in generations and are completely incapable of arguing against feeding the hungry and healing the sick. Their entire mindspace is focused on defeating tax credit schemes, gender ambiguity and windsurfing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

After the Corbyn and Trump upsets, my new rule is if one candidate is filling up giant rallies and the other candidate is struggling to get enough audience at a bookstore, regardless of what the polls or conventional wisdom says, the one with the rallies is winning.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Trump has all the tools to rocket to the top of the bad presidents list. But until he actually invades a country for no reason, costing us diplomatic influence, trillions of dollars, and countless lives while setting up the rise of further terrorism and destabilization in the region and to boost the regional power of our rival, he'll always be a also ran.

The Iraq war wasn't the worst thing in American history, but it was definitely the worst completely pointless thing.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

EBB posted:

Guys I'm extremely concerned about the health of McCain. He and Palin won't make it to 2020.

The next six months are critical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mister Sinewave posted:

Jesus, I realized that all this deportation poo poo isn't happening purely because Trump is a smooth brain pushing openly horrible policies. It's happening also because these agencies are staffed with a critical mass of people who see the new directives, crack their knuckles and go bout time let's git er done *spits* instead of playing super compliance hardball with the orders or other borderline or actual civil disobedience to flagrantly unamerican demands.

I remember I used to get nonstop Facebook ads for "government jobs for vets" that featured a picture of a guy in full gear kicking in a door. While I'm sure all those ads were scams, I have no doubt a whole lot of those agencies are full of dudes who furiously mashed every one of those things.

• Locked thread