Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Sounds like it's necessary for the sensors they're using. And yes, it's generally considered a bad idea in a single-engine plane.

The Cessna 208 is regularly ferried transatlantic under its own power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They're gonna blow this case.

quote:

As the second day of Manafort's trial got underway Wednesday, U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis III indicated he was worried that referring to the businessmen who funded Manafort's political work in Ukraine as "oligarchs" had the tendency to suggest that the defendant was engaged in shady and unsavory work.

"We're not going to have a case tried that he associated with despicable people and, therefore, he's despicable," the judge declared during an exchange before jurors were brought into the courtroom. "That's not the American way."

"Oligarchy is just despotic power exercised by a privileged few," Ellis observed. "Principals of high schools are oligarchs in that sense. What I want to avoid ... is how you use the term oligarch to mean he was consulting and being paid by people [who] are criminals. Of course, there will be no evidence about that."

Ellis said that if the term simply meant a wealthy person, it might not be objectionable. "Well, Mr. Soros would be an oligarch by that definition, and so would Mr. Koch, but we wouldn't call them that," the judge said, referring to politically active American billionaires George Soros and, apparently, to either Charles or David Koch, or perhaps both.

"The word 'oligarch' has come to have a pejorative meaning about which there will be no evidence in this trial," the judge said.

Prosecutor Greg Andres rose to object to the government being prevented from using the term.

"We don't call American businessmen oligarchs. Ukrainian businessmen are referred to as oligarchs. Those are the facts," Andres said.

Ellis interrupted to disagree. "Those are not the facts of this case," he snapped, saying that any witnesses using the term would be offering an opinion.

:rolleyes:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Are they sure Character Actor Lane Smith is dead because I swear he's playing the judge in this trial.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"In Conclusion, the Briefing Room is a Land of Contrasts"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TIL John Bolton has three arms bc how else is he goosing shuck's sweet meaty buns

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It's gonna be 118° in Portugal this week, RIP euros

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Liberty U is upstream from the threatened dam and at no risk of Angry Finger Of God style erasure.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

McNally posted:

Yup.

This is probably a cash grab by the NRA. "We're broke! We need money to defend you from whatever this year's scary thing is!"

Spoiler: Every year's scary thing is people who fail the paper bag test

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

"John McCain is concerned"
Dixie Chicks
"Now watch this drive"
David Petraeus
Michael Flynn :haw:

Edit: Quick! Somebody draw Lynndie England pinup art!

She was R. Crumb's type

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

karl marx is linking RT articles

hmmm

I clicked through and either their youtube guy is getting polonium'd shortly or the attack on Maduro was way more serious than they're letting on

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Even South Carolina has vinegar bbq and freestone peaches, Ohio has the Browns.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Florida gets weird poo poo, Ohio just gets sad, awful poo poo. There's a reason Ohio Man memes aren't a thing.

Or maybe Ohio just sucks so bad that whatever happens there becomes unremarkable by default, like when they had that mob war in the 70s and 35 IEDs were set in Cleveland in 1976 alone and nobody remembers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Greene

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 5, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Based on how many dancing baby gif home-lender banner ads were floating around last time, I feel comfortable calling this the edge of the cliff for the global economy.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can you even imagine how much more trouble we would be in as a nation if this clown knew how to shut the gently caress up

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Driving himself around is just the cherry on top of the retardation sundade that is Brian France

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

ok so it's literally Crazy Taxi but with city buses holy poo poo yeah surprised it took this long to riot

E: ^^ gonna suck for whichever one of those kids finds out they were discounted 30%

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

still salty that da mods called ur bluff

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mods changed my name posted:

mods change my name

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Tom friedman bad!? Who knew???

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

also I met him IRL in 2004 and he's even loving stupider and more milquetoast in person than he is on paper

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can someone explain to me how the KSA pulling its subjects out of Canadian hospitals and sending them home is supposed to inconvenience Canada

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I would say I'm excited for Trump's tweet calling for nunes to be impeached tomorrow morning but he's never going to hear about this

Berlin airport terminal shut down for bag of dicks

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/vibrator-berlin-airport-intl/index.html

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 9, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

mods changed my name posted:

Weezer is back with a cover of Toto's "Africa" if you thought poo poo couldn't get any dumber

I'm really bummed that the passage of a single year has reduced The Pixies from touring live theater type venues to opening for Weezer

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Libertarians might be dumber than loving conservatives at this point though I'm still on the fence about it.

They absolutely are, conservatives are completely amoral black holes of greed that will say and do anything to enrich themselves at any cost but libertarians actually believe that poo poo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Trump's still a retard but it is kinda nice to see him make Erdogan eat poo poo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/10/turkish-lira-loss-deepens-as-pm-erdogan-calls-for-citizens-to-convert-.html

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

I've heard they cook the books to make it look that way. It's really hosed up that the highest paid federal employee is the head coach at the Naval Academy, and he's making a few times what the POTUS makes.

The highest paid public employee in almost every state is a college football coach :d2a:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

HorrificExistence posted:

Welcome to the weekend bloodbath-

my predictions

will the utr2 rally take place in DC: yes
DC fascist casualties: 3 lightly wounded.
DC antifascist casualties: 20 wounded, 50 arrested.
DC police casualties:0
will the national guard be deployed in cville: yes
will the fascists claim victory: yes
will there be factional fighting between nazis and alt-light: yes
turnout?: Much lower than expected in both cities. under 100 fash in Cville

:grovertoot:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that can't actually be a trump tweet because whover posted that one was smart enough not to even try to spell Strzok

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Egypt is banning talking about the weather.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/30/egypt-crackdown-fake-weather-reports-meteorological-association

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Suicide Watch posted:

This is going to sound horribly elitist but I've never understood the value of a school like QU, which have low academic standards and are so expensive. There are always comparable state schools that will have much lower tuition.

It's part daycare for the next generation of overlords and part badge that expensive school = rich.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 12, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

THE BEST PEOPLE

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/08/12/john-kelly-omarosa-tape-meet-the-press-rs-vpx.cnn

*recording was made in the situation room SCIF

:rip: NSA WIZARD

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh, this all happened when Corbyn was still a more-or-less anonymous backbencher approximately 1,000,000 Million Years Before Trump. Stupid (assuming it happened the way the Daily Heil is reporting it), but I can't bring myself to give a gently caress.

Also, in case you needed proof that reality is collapsing, Azalea Banks is running around stately Muskrat Manor posting insulting tweets about him and Ol' Grimesy.

:yeshaha:

I wonder what her username is

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

This bat has been drilled and corked with fourteen ounces of the densest nazi gold that 7 WTC's vaults have to offer

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

god drat I've never seen a whole suspension tower get dusted like that. BBC reporting high winds and a traffic jam at the time of collapse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-45183624

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I still maintain the techlord elites will kill the vast majority of us with engineered bioweapons and then manifest destiny whatever's left of the earth. If the history of the americas teaches us anything it's that genocide works if attempted on a large enough scale.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Eej posted:

The major thing about human poop is that it contains human waste, which means by definition the stuff in it is not beneficial for us. If it's manure from humans, you would have to more stringently treat it because it contains pathogens that are fully capable of infecting other humans since you don't have the convenient cross species barrier. There's also the possibility of trace medications showing up in stool but that's mostly done through urine.

Speaking of:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...ersation/108339

Paper: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0045653518313328

Our sadbrains meds are slowly leeching into the environment and loving with animals because we currently do not treat wastewater to remove trace amounts of medication from it. As if climate change wasn't enough.

That's a really surprising choice of study organism, any ecologist who looks at that paper is gonna have an involuntary first reaction of "good, gently caress starlings".

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

EBB posted:

Informal poll: are you all fine with the current level of shitposting/white noise in this thread, or is it disruptive?

Everything's fine except when those two come around but it's been a few weeks since last time

ykwim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Syncopated posted:

Bet you it's just the US stirring poo poo so you guys can launch your own space weapon with some sort of justification.

welcome to the party pal

• Locked thread