Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

leave voters are insanely stupid? who knew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Jose posted:

tommy robinson has been freed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKEDgbDuuBk

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

gently caress. Tommeh is free.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can't wait for him to be on the BBC repeatedly

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Well I guess now we wait and see if he appears with UKIP and/or DFLA members and what impact that has on those groups.

Bad day to read that YouGov poll as well.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fwiw he's released under supervision pending a new trial - he could very well be right back in the pokey

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Xeno posted:

#freetommy free

Love to see the country go full fash, can we just get to the civic unrest already please?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tesseraction posted:

fwiw he's released under supervision pending a new trial - he could very well be right back in the pokey

double sentence when he's caught streaming his own trial to facebook on a phone he somehow got hold of

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

baka kaba posted:

Not sure what to make of this since a bunch of these are like "the government's current approach is correct" and then a third of those people think none of the main parties agree including the one that's in government?

On the positive side most of the good stuff has people mostly believing there's a party supporting it. Of course we don't know if they're all "I agree with the Tories that the NHS needs more money!" or whatever

Yeah. Also "none of the parties want to leave the EU"

"They're doing what I want but things are still bad and also getting worse. Since I can't be wrong they must just not be doing it."

Plus a lot of people just repeat the last thing they read or heard in the hopes to appear smart. The TV, News and Radio all tell you that immigration is bad and you repeat it back because you don't want to appear dumb.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao if he gets longer after appealing

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1024594133745381376

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Kassad posted:

The intelligence being a brown paper bag, presumably.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1024598207236648960

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Phew I only rate an 'erm' on this chart.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/UKIP/status/1024591120293089281
https://twitter.com/GreenRupertRead/status/1024377781801689089

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He should be sacrificed on an altar of celery.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's consistently funny to me that "UKIP Leader" is prefixing his name not just to respectfully note his status but also to remind people that this dweeb nobody is the leader.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Nooooooo, don't apologise Jeremy, you're just going to encourage them!

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
https://twitter.com/iammightor/status/1023904134758588416?s=19

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
There was a bit of bike chat a few pages before the last thread got closed, and cycle asylum is pretty US centric so I thought I'd ask here, I did a CBT (possibly direct access?) quite a few years ago and I've been off the road for a while, and previously used a moped. However, there's also info next to A on my provisional. Does that mean I've got that level of licence?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gonzo McFee posted:

"They're doing what I want but things are still bad and also getting worse. Since I can't be wrong they must just not be doing it."

Plus a lot of people just repeat the last thing they read or heard in the hopes to appear smart. The TV, News and Radio all tell you that immigration is bad and you repeat it back because you don't want to appear dumb.

Yeah I guess, plus the kind of people who think the Tories are actually marxists who want to raise taxes and the like

But really are centrists even trying to fill a niche? It's mostly "people who basically like the way things are now - red team" and "hat man misses the heady coalition days". Maybe if Labour can successfully widen the scope of what's possible, but right now the policies aren't so radically different that there's even room for a position between them and the Tories. Not really a big surprise that most of the unclaimed political space is around people who think the tories are too soft

Speaking of, here's a kind of overview article about the Hostile Environment if anyone's interested. Doesn't go into a lot of depth about any one area, it's more about how it permeates everything and forces public sector workers to act as informants for the state
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/01/hostile-environment-immigrants-crept-into-schools-hospitals-homes-border-guards

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it owns that facebook won't kick these guys off

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1024417169587798016

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Rookoo posted:

There was a bit of bike chat a few pages before the last thread got closed, and cycle asylum is pretty US centric so I thought I'd ask here, I did a CBT (possibly direct access?) quite a few years ago and I've been off the road for a while, and previously used a moped. However, there's also info next to A on my provisional. Does that mean I've got that level of licence?

It means provided you have a valid CBT (they run out after 2 years) you are qualified to ride a motorcycle/moped up to 125cc and under a certain horse power, which I believe was 25 the last time I checked but thats way out of date.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Ah, figures. I'd be in need of a refresher course anyways.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Rookoo posted:

AM is moped, as a car license holder you're entitled to ride a moped on L-plates without a CBT. A1 is full-sized motorcycle after DAS, A2 is restricted (I think 50ish hp).

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Jose posted:

tommy robinson has been freed
I'm never not disappointed when I click someone's name in the twitter sidebar. :v:

I did find this fantastically optimistic account though: https://twitter.com/TommyRobinsonPM

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jose posted:

it owns that facebook won't kick these guys off

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1024417169587798016

Lol everyone at info wars needs to be executed and their bodies thrown into an unmarked ditch

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

:siren: Computer touchers! :siren:

My brother has the following roles currently available - based just outside Derby and relocation packages may be available and why wouldn't you want to live in Derby?

Technical Architect
DevOps Engineer
Specification Writer
Senior Developer
Scrum Master

If anyone is interested or knows someone who might be, drop me a line.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Why do you need rugby players for computer touching

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I like that they decided "population reduction" meant "everyone moves out". Yeah. I don't think they mean that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bump_fn posted:

Prevent sexual harassment scandals via speedy intervention.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

bump_fn posted:

the extra homoeroticism helps to keep everyone happy at work

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Freedland/status/1024603389018161155

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Someone sat in a room and said "fox news but well spoken" and the BBC died.

The silver lining may be that it was supposed to 'convert' leftists rather than just make us say 'gently caress off BBC' every 5 minutes.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

bump_fn posted:

In seriousness it's just the latest process cult except now you can make a living pretending it's a real thing

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Been a bit out of the loop - should I still be voting for Willsman? I saw that Owen Jones has withdrawn his backing so wasn't sure whether it was more than the usual trumped up stuff...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Prince John posted:

Been a bit out of the loop - should I still be voting for Willsman? I saw that Owen Jones has withdrawn his backing so wasn't sure whether it was more than the usual trumped up stuff...

He kinda went a little too anti-Semitic conspiracy theory

I'd say vote for Eddie Izzard if you're unsure.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I already voted by the time this came out which is ehhh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah I've already voted for him, sadly. Not the end of the of the world if he loses but I'm just worried that little poo poo Akehurst could take the top spot, hence me suggesting Izzard as the 9th.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I've already voted for him, sadly. Not the end of the of the world if he loses but I'm just worried that little poo poo Akehurst could take the top spot, hence me suggesting Izzard as the 9th.

Ann Black over Izzard, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Fumble posted:

Counterpoint with a mouth like Goves got, he should be a black belt pussy eating master.

well that's the worst, at least we can't go downhill from here...

Trickjaw posted:

gently caress. Tommeh is free.

... oh :(

• Locked thread