Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Edited because mod is a fat fingered fool

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Aug 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1024204212853514241?s=19

:hmmyes:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is well timed with the blueprints for those 3D printed armalites being unblocked by Trump.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Whenever I see an LBC video these days it's usually someone struggling to say something entertainingly stupid, but getting drowned out by the host talking over them

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Ann Black over Izzard, no?

I don't have my booklet to hand, remind me?

Also I picked Izzard because they're usually the next-highest-voted person in these things.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I've seen Stephen Guy floated as an alternative to Willsman. He's got the endorsement of the Durham Miners so seems sound enough.

https://twitter.com/DurhamMiners/status/1023600257668661248

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sanford posted:

:siren: Computer touchers! :siren:

My brother has the following roles currently available - based just outside Derby and relocation packages may be available and why wouldn't you want to live in Derby?

Technical Architect
DevOps Engineer
Specification Writer
Senior Developer
Scrum Master

If anyone is interested or knows someone who might be, drop me a line.

Not that I personally am looking to move jobs, but you might want to provide even a teensy tiny hint of what it is that his company actually does :shobon:. Like, I'm a senior developer who mostly does C++ on Linux and currently ANSI C on a microcontroller. I would be a very poor choice to write you a website or something, though.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I've already voted for him, sadly. Not the end of the of the world if he loses but I'm just worried that little poo poo Akehurst could take the top spot, hence me suggesting Izzard as the 9th.
tbh I voted Willsman literally yesterday morning, after hearing about his rant. It was early & I was groggy, and it sounded a lot like the story was "omg he asked for EVIDENCE how antisemitic is that", so I pretty much just checked the box out of spite.

To be even more honest, I'm still not even 100% sure it was the wrong call: I'm not convinced he was being antisemitic, and it's not like pandering to the obvious bad faith accusations that've been bandied about has accomplished anything (or ever will). This has been going on for so long now that nobody's mind is gonna be changed at this point, whatever they think of the issue, and the right aren't gonna stop banging this drum no matter what, so all that can be done is genuine, good faith efforts to stamp out actual antisemitism.

(I am open to the suggestion that he might actually have done an antisemitism though, but as far as I'm aware "Trump supporters" is not a Jewish stereotype and wanting evidence before acting when there's so much bullshit flying around is not an unfair suggestion. If I and others did accidentally vote for an antisemite when we could have known better, that's pretty much an obvious and foreseeable consequence of the right wing flagrantly arguing in bad faith on the subject, and I genuinely hope the matter is looked into and properly dealt with)

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

feedmegin posted:

Not that I personally am looking to move jobs, but you might want to provide even a teensy tiny hint of what it is that his company actually does :shobon:. Like, I'm a senior developer who mostly does C++ on Linux and currently ANSI C on a microcontroller. I would be a very poor choice to write you a website or something, though.

Yeah unfortunately beyond "C++ and SQL" I am largely in the dark. I think they are focused on BI and bespoke product development for very large organisations, as outsourced development for internal projects.

I told him I'd ask, and I have done so!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Borrovan posted:

tbh I voted Willsman literally yesterday morning, after hearing about his rant. It was early & I was groggy, and it sounded a lot like the story was "omg he asked for EVIDENCE how antisemitic is that", so I pretty much just checked the box out of spite.

To be even more honest, I'm still not even 100% sure it was the wrong call: I'm not convinced he was being antisemitic, and it's not like pandering to the obvious bad faith accusations that've been bandied about has accomplished anything (or ever will). This has been going on for so long now that nobody's mind is gonna be changed at this point, whatever they think of the issue, and the right aren't gonna stop banging this drum no matter what, so all that can be done is genuine, good faith efforts to stamp out actual antisemitism.

(I am open to the suggestion that he might actually have done an antisemitism though, but as far as I'm aware "Trump supporters" is not a Jewish stereotype and wanting evidence before acting when there's so much bullshit flying around is not an unfair suggestion. If I and others did accidentally vote for an antisemite when we could have known better, that's pretty much an obvious and foreseeable consequence of the right wing flagrantly arguing in bad faith on the subject, and I genuinely hope the matter is looked into and properly dealt with)

Yeah to be honest I don't think it's the end of the world if he gets in, but I think him saying "I've never seen any anti-Semitism" makes for a really bad take on the situation. To be honest I'm just sick of this 'scandal'

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

baka kaba posted:

Whenever I see an LBC video these days it's usually someone struggling to say something entertainingly stupid, but getting drowned out by the host talking over them

At least it's not another video of James O'Brien doing his big overblown disbelief that the right wing even exists while cashing cheques from the same station that gives Farage airtime.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Jose posted:

tommy robinson has been freed

I hope that now that this miscarriage of justice has been cleared up he can go on to make a new series of Time Team.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah to be honest I don't think it's the end of the world if he gets in, but I think him saying "I've never seen any anti-Semitism" makes for a really bad take on the situation. To be honest I'm just sick of this 'scandal'

It seems to be the latest weapon in media-induced despair. There's no way out of it, it's just a war of attrition that will probably dog the labour party till Corbyn is no longer leader.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Obliterati posted:

In seriousness it's just the latest process cult except now you can make a living pretending it's a real thing

"A scrum master is the facilitator for an agile development team. " so when you're doing your programming you need to be able to run 100m at the same time.

I am the proud owner of a now-expired Black Belt Six Sigma certification. I can high-karate kick you a gaussian at a moments notice :ninja:

These things are just ways of screwing money out of companies. In fact, last year I resigned from my professional body because not only was the membership sub getting increasingly huge (over $300) but they were ever more demanding more and more certification and re-certification and in my freelancing activities noone has ever, once, asked to see any proof whatsoever that I have any qualifications at all.
[ed: it's a non-regulated profession and any professional bodies and so forth are voluntary]

Does anyone remember years ago seeing a documentary where Jocky Wilson was involved in an experiment to see who would pay out lots of money for some kind of darts-based Jocky Wilson authorised management training thing? (It wasn't a scam - it was an experiment to see who would fall for it).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 1, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Borrovan posted:

As far as I'm concerned the only thing he did wrong was specify "Jewish" Trump supporters. We all know the right wing is making this a huge attack campaign and plenty of non-Jews are involved in that as well. We can acknowledge the collusion involved without blaming it all on the Jews.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

TomViolence posted:

It seems to be the latest weapon in media-induced despair. There's no way out of it, it's just a war of attrition that will probably dog the labour party till Corbyn is no longer leader.

Oh well beyond that. A lot of the organisations in this absolutely despise the left and will never let this go.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

I think one person has died every year its been run. A lot of heart attacks on Leith and box hill.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://twitter.com/zachjourno/status/1024580520892674049

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

I’m feeling pretty loving despondent over this row now that Corbyn has apologised for hosting an event eight years ago. The Today programme had a loving gleeful Nick Robinson attempting his best gotcha at it followed up by fuckin John Mann all but saying Corbyn should resign.

By actually apologising for it, it feels like he’s just granted legitimacy to the worst loving weaponised parts of the whole affair while doing nothing to actually combat any antisemites within the party.

I fear the end of the good times is coming for the party and that the cunts will win.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Labour Right are definitely going to use this issue as the pretext for their split. Luciana Berger could barely keep the smirk off her face on Sky News yesterday when she said she's always believed in the values of the Labour party but if things continue as they are now ...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The correct response would have been to just say 'Just what in the holocaust survivors statements do you disagree with?'

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

multijoe posted:

The Labour Right are definitely going to use this issue as the pretext for their split. Luciana Berger could barely keep the smirk off her face on Sky News yesterday when she said she's always believed in the values of the Labour party but if things continue as they are now ...

I will find their faces when they lose the next election after the split sexually gratifying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'm hoping they're stupid enough not to split and mandatory reselection comes back

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Don’t base your idea of where voters are at on what the news reports. If you did that currently David Cameron would be enjoying a 200 seat majority over opposition leader Yvette Cooper, casually dismantling every social program he can find after finally healing his party by ending the Brexit question with a definitive Remain vote.

There’s been no real evidence people could give less of a poo poo about these stories and Corbyn’s endured a lot worse. The next election will be fought on material concerns, not if Corbyn hosted a meeting five years ago with a Auschwitz survivor who hates what Israel is doing.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Labour will probably be fine if theres a split. If there is one thing that Corbyn has been consistently successful at, its beating Labour centrists in elections.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

I’m not worried about what the public perception is, I’m worried about what the media onslaught and plp cuntery is likely to do to the leadership. I know the guy has persevered through the worst infighting and betrayals within the party but this feels so coordinated and relentless that I can’t help but see it finally taking its toll and forcing a resignation.

If it forces a centrist splitter party then loving good, saves us hoping for mandatory reselection and the melts can fade into obscurity, but they can’t all be that loving thick to imagine that’s a viable option.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Always bet on centrists massively overstating their own popularity

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Corbyn resigning and tagging in his good friend John McDonnell once the internal democracy reforms are through wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world if it comes to that

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanitary Naptime posted:

but they can’t all be that loving thick
Every time we've said something like that in the past...

Maybe this time hellworld works for the many.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I’m not worried about what the public perception is, I’m worried about what the media onslaught and plp cuntery is likely to do to the leadership. I know the guy has persevered through the worst infighting and betrayals within the party but this feels so coordinated and relentless that I can’t help but see it finally taking its toll and forcing a resignation.

If it forces a centrist splitter party then loving good, saves us hoping for mandatory reselection and the melts can fade into obscurity, but they can’t all be that loving thick to imagine that’s a viable option.

Corbyn's been taking poo poo for his politics for over 30 years, I don't see him giving up now

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

multijoe posted:

Corbyn resigning and tagging in his good friend John McDonnell once the internal democracy reforms are through wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world if it comes to that

they will fight tooth and nail against said reforms for that reason exactly

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Come Conference there’s some really sweet leadership race changes going on that will make a left choice easy to get on there ballot every time and that’s the only rule change I’ve followed. There’s likely more good poo poo on the way

The party is being changed to be less hostile to left leadership every year and Corbyn isn’t going to walk away now.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Dumb Agile stuff

If you really want your brain to melt, check out ITIL: six hundred pages of processes and subprocesses that are 100% critical to doing IT, except not one of these involves writing code

E: for bonus marks, note it was a civil service managment philosophy that was privatised and bought by noted IT deliverers, Capita

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Fans posted:

Come Conference there’s some really sweet leadership race changes going on that will make a left choice easy to get on there ballot every time and that’s the only rule change I’ve followed. There’s likely more good poo poo on the way

The party is being changed to be less hostile to left leadership every year and Corbyn isn’t going to walk away now.

If he is smart he will walk away once those rules are in place.

By handing over the reigns to someone else on the left he won't have to deal with any of this nonsense. Someone else taking over would immediately disarm all the critics yet still have Labour on the same message and would piss off Phillips etc even more. This is assuming he hands over to one of the newer MP's and not McDonnell / Abbott. Its not like the party is short of other left wing MP's after all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i want to see mcdonnell gulag his enemies though

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

multijoe posted:

God, could you imagine? It'd be a (metaphorical, possibly a bit literal) blood bath

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jose posted:

I'm hoping they're stupid enough not to split and mandatory reselection comes back

Mann is another right-of-Blair oval office, probably the least poo poo of the brexiteer rebel four but honestly that's not a competition that's easy to win.

Notably he thought Brown was too left-wing too, and, uhh, no.

e:
Like Skinner and whoever was that woman MP from Manchester who supported Leave I'm fine with, at least they are principled if nothing else. But then they also weren't the ones voting to keep May in.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 1, 2018

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

ukle posted:

If he is smart he will do once those rules are in place.

By handing over the reigns to someone else on the left he won't have to deal with any of this nonsense. Someone else taking over would immediately disarm all the critics yet still have Labour on the same message and would piss off Phillips etc even more. This is assuming he hands over to one of the newer MP's and not McDonnell / Abbott. Its not like the party is short of other left wing MP's after all.

Stepping down due to this only proves that these tactics work, and gives a great incentive for the papers to keep using them on every last replacement who admits to be left of Blair. Don't forget the press treatment Milliband got for such heinous crimes as eating a sandwich and having a Jewish father. Do you really think this all goes away with a different left wing leader?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I’m feeling pretty loving despondent..
I fear the end of the good times is coming for the party and that the cunts will win.

This is coming at a crunch time- the general populace are starting to look down and realise that, yep, we are in freefall- brexit is going to fall apart in ways we can't imagine. So the tory machine is in full swing to have anyone look at anything else other than how they spent the last 2 years playing soggy biscuit rather than come up with a brexit plan more detailed than "trucks can wait on the motorways, use the army to deliver things, they have helicopters". Good lord, I almost don't blame them for wanting to avoid that reality.

Plp scumbags are feeling ever more pressure and they know the prospect of mandatory reselection would have most of them out on their arse come a GE. The efforts to establish a centrist party have failed hillariously each time. They know the time is running out and that's made them ever more desperate.

The israeli government is also seemingly planning another murderous rampage and that has always brought up an internet commenting machine- hasbara were organised and doing this poo poo back on icq and msn messenger times. They know corbyn is a contender and they know that foreign policy between the uk and israel would have a significant shift if he gets in.

Then, I also think that the same assets behind trump/bannon are in on it too- without much doubt in my mind. The same trolls I discussed this morning in the old thread (rip) all had plenty of trump boosting poo poo, and fits the same strategic purposes.

Its an intense storm of poo poo, but its the same poo poo weathered for years now. It's not going to swing voters not already swung.

Hold the line comrade. I'm not happy that corbs apologised either- But don't lose hope right now, because it's a close run thing. If the clp members get deselection powers, thats the final stake in the heart of the blairite plp. Game over for them. They defect, go indy (lol) or more likely just "retire" into cushy directorships and frequent appearances in the commentariat. If that happens/kicks in before the next GE?

:getin:

There would be a fighting chance we can watch the right split three ways and significantly damaged, brexit kicked so far down the road/neutered/stopped altogether and a actual left wing government in power.

Obviously we still doomed etc but at least wait till it's actually the apocalypse before giving up.

• Locked thread