Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evo begins Friday

Events I'm looking forward to:

- seeing Japanese people play BBtag
- the insane amoutn of talent thats gathering for Tekken this year
- whatever the post- Guilty Gear top 8 annoucnement is that theyve been teasing for a while
- Ginyu's secret tech finally revealed? top tier character? POssibly? The world may never know.
- and of course, 48 hours of Smash Streams

and of course all the side tourneys like PPT, Melty Blood, I'm pretty sure theres a Super Turbo and 3rd Strike tourney happening with big money in as part of advertising for the 30th Anniversary Collection, maybe even alpha 2? This is gonna be awesome folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is there a Slap City side tournament op.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most likely, who knows if it will be streamed though. There's blocks on the schedule for "official evo side events" like AnimEVO (which has UNIST, melty blood, KOFXIV) and then people will just tweet about other events if they can get a stream set up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

animevo games:

the only stream ive seen so far, but more details will be posted in the next 24 hours

https://twitter.com/Numakie/status/1024555882560905216

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I feel like there's a game op forgot to mention but it's slipping my mind.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

P-Mack posted:

I feel like there's a game op forgot to mention but it's slipping my mind.

Injustice 2 hype!, of course. can't wait to see how the Ninja Turtles shake up the meta.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

90 hours of DBFZ khantent hype.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

90 hours of DBFZ khantent hype.

Yeah it's a shame they could only stream 30 matches this year but I understand why they have to be realistic about scheduling.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder why they aren't doing mixed doubles again for ppt, maybe just too much work to organize. Oh well still hype for swap.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
swap is really exhausting and by the time doubles rolled around last year everybody was like "I want to die"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should fight in real life

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

they should fight in real life

They should compete in the e-sports in which they excel.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nice. bbtag and tekken are the only main stage games this year that are more fun to watch than lovely side game streams though

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'll still watch Guilty Gear. I hope Nage wins it all this year, since he's usually at EVO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still enjoy GG, but the Xrd system is approaching 5 years old in a few months, I'm hoping they at least announce a new release is at least in the works or something. More characters and a balance revision at this point would be pushing it for me to care

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't know anything about guilty gear so I just pretend it doesn't exist. same with blazblue until they made crosstag and everyone was like 'no wait this one is actually fun'

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

i don't know anything about guilty gear so I just pretend it doesn't exist. same with blazblue until they made crosstag and everyone was like 'no wait this one is actually fun'

The face turn that game made between announcement and release is incredible.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
Didn't Ginyu's tech already get discovered and nerfed into dirt? He had a free level 3 super glitch and Racoome beam could start unscaled damage combos if it hit raw.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Bloodyshinta1 posted:

Didn't Ginyu's tech already get discovered and nerfed into dirt? He had a free level 3 super glitch and Racoome beam could start unscaled damage combos if it hit raw.

Hmm, indeed.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This the hype thread. gently caress off if you ain't hype.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I’ll watch some of it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
gently caress outta here if you aint gonna casually glance at this when it sounds like something important is happening

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For people who don't follow FGs or care very much the #1 event to watch is Tekken, super readable for newcomers and it's always exciting in top 32 and beyond

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah I have no idea what is going on in tekken and it's still great to watch

the opposite is smash where I know exactly what is happening and want to die

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
which of the games being played have the fastest character movement? thats the stuff i like

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue Tag are the fastest paced, BBTag especially has a lot of movement options but really high damage so screwing up twice means the match is over basically, which is cool.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue Tag are the fastest paced, BBTag especially has a lot of movement options but really high damage so screwing up twice means the match is over basically, which is cool.

thank ya

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
*over my head style clapping* good effort by everyone!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

GCyoshi plays Hazama/Yosuke and frequently runs matches to time out, and I'm also curious to see the JP side of Cross Tag because I don't think I've ever seen a JP match.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Kongming posted:

GCyoshi plays Hazama/Yosuke and frequently runs matches to time out, and I'm also curious to see the JP side of Cross Tag because I don't think I've ever seen a JP match.

It's going to look like a completely different game from pools to bracket and I'm hype for both.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

it'll look like a completely different game becasue i'll be playing la mulana 2 or yakuza 0 isntead of watching blazblu. bazinga!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:wtc:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

it'll look like a completely different game becasue i'll be playing la mulana 2 or yakuza 0 isntead of watching blazblu. bazinga!

This, fortunately

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like I need to spread the good word...gonna do a BlazBlue X Tag Battle Pre-Evo #HYPE Stream tonight.

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*
Gonna be some seriously good-rear end Tekken this weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training BBtag and then other fighting games probably. Onboarding newbehs once I turn my mic on too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Sounds like I need to spread the good word...gonna do a BlazBlue X Tag Battle Pre-Evo #HYPE Stream tonight.

looking forward to missing the stream :cheerdoge:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

looking forward to missing the stream :cheerdoge:

Hell there's always the VOD. Don't forget to tip with Bits or to use your Amazon Prime Subscripsh on the channel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AnimEVO stream schedule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Samsho V and Samsho II... Lot of win going on!

• Locked thread