Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'm not watching DBFZ anymore but I have it on in the background and there's a Bardock level 3 happening every 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

everyone screaming for the powerups ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

SFV is somehow the most popular fighting game even though no one likes it

the power of Brand

It's DBFZ now, this is the first year SF wasn't the number one game for entrants at evo uhhh ever I think. But DBFZ is also trash, but people love trash.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DBFZ is good-looking trash at least

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tbf this game is a lot more fun to watch than it is to play

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm enjoying the dbz games but it's a bummer that everyone uses the same 5 characters

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If you aren't getting hype for every Cell powerup you have erectile dysfunction

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't like it bc the matches are longer than melee

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cell still looks completely insane

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Enjoying the MvC3 moments where someone is down to just their 3rd character and it looks like they have no idea how to use them.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I think it's probably a success as an introduction to fighting games and for people who don't normally watch or enjoy fighting games because it's non stop offense with lots of flashy poo poo happening all the time but if you're a miserable fighting game nerd like me it sucks because it's stale and doesn't have any play style variety.

It also sold a bajillion copies so it's a financial success at least.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've had to see the bardock Level 3 50 times tonight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Enjoying the MvC3 moments where someone is down to just their 3rd character and it looks like they have no idea how to use them.

Single characters in this game are so pathetic that Go1 got the shenron wish and just threw it away bc it's functionally impossible to win 1v3

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Kongming posted:

I think it's probably a success as an introduction to fighting games and for people who don't normally watch or enjoy fighting games because it's non stop offense with lots of flashy poo poo happening all the time but if you're a miserable fighting game nerd like me it sucks because it's stale and doesn't have any play style variety.

It also sold a bajillion copies so it's a financial success at least.

watching it makes me really want to play it but i'm worse than a noob w/r/t fighting games so i trust the experts who say it's bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken is the better noob friendly fighter, as long as you like 3D fighters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im watching the tekken top 8 replay since i missed it earlier..aris ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken was godlike today

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dutchy posted:

watching it makes me really want to play it but i'm worse than a noob w/r/t fighting games so i trust the experts who say it's bad

Don't let that discourage you. If you think you'll like it then play it. Lots of people love it, so who cares what I think.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

omfg this first lil majin match rules. king iss o loving cool

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
I know nothing and dont play but i’ve watched a lot of Evo.

BBtag seems like the most technically challenging game? I liked watching Panda in Tekken most, tho.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

omfg this first lil majin match rules. king iss o loving cool

tekken top 8 is the greatest poo poo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Reprisal posted:

BBtag seems like the most technically challenging game? I liked watching Panda in Tekken most, tho.

BBtag has really easy inputs but the tag/assist system gets really complex with mastery. playing at a normal person level it's probably the least technical game here besides dragonball?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah doing big damage in bbtag is super simple but actually playing well is some galaxy brain poo poo, which is fun to ramp up to. It's drat fun and my 2nd favorite recent game other than UNIST which is #1 forever

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Reprisal posted:

Cross Tag has extremely low execution requirements and you can do 5000 damage just mashing A so the barrier of entry is extremely low but that means that you enter the higher level mind games that much faster. Cross Assault and Active Switch also make it a completely different game which is why Fame lost so bad in Grand Finals. The Japanese have been using Cross Assault to a much higher degree than the American players who have barely begun to explore it. You can see that every time Cross Assault is activated Fame gets opened up almost immediately.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao at sonicfox dancing on stage and being unable to put the medal over his fursuit

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Goichi looks so loving pissed hes going to kill SF

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

tekken top 8 is the greatest poo poo

not one mirror match either

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wizard reading the credits, sfv is cancelled

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe opeople that reach the top rounds in this still walk home with like 50 bucks sometimes

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got fourth place at a Cross Tag tourney and won 4 dollars that I used to buy a Big Mac. I payed 15 dollars to enter the tourney.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

wizard reading the credits, sfv is cancelled

He knows everyone is leaving at this point

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kongming posted:

I got fourth place at a Cross Tag tourney and won 4 dollars that I used to buy a Big Mac. I payed 15 dollars to enter the tourney.

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

G, the PRESIDENT OF THE EARTH, joins sfv tomorrow for the low reasonable cost of 50 dollar s

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

releasing two characters at once is very ambitious for them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Cool Kid 93

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
SFV looks fresh from the uncanny valley

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012