Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
NIMBY?
NIMBY
YIMBY
I can't afford my medicine.
View Results

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Whenever someone mentions gentrification, to me, it just means this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I live in Portsmouth, which holds the record of the most densely populated city in the entire UK, not aided by it only having three roads in (the M275, A3 and A2030) and due to it being an island city, if one of those roads snarls up or has an accident, particularly near the city centre, it can cause absolute havoc everywhere

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Spacewolf posted:

So there's absolutely no value to the pedestrian concerns (see the final quote re taxi pickup)?

Here's the junction in question

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The only foodstuffs I'm consuming today are wheat and barley, brewed and fermented into some sort of alcoholic beverage

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

pointsofdata posted:

Good, by cutting down on avocado like that you'll be able to afford a house soon.

Ive had three figures left in my bank account since the middle of last week, and the first of those numbers was a 1. I ain't ever gonna own a bedsit, let alone a house