Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
NIMBY?
NIMBY
YIMBY
I can't afford my medicine.
View Results

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hi checking in from Victoria, Australia where our state government has just made the bold move of making sure that all documents which were referenced by and relied upon by planning codes are actually available online. This was not previously the case :toot:

It was a while ago when I visited Melbourne but driving to my then-gf's family's home I was astonished by the urban sprawl. I think it was in the North Melbourne suburbs. Guessing it is a situation very similar to the USA where there is just a shitload of available land and people understandably want a house to themselves for their family or whatever, but it seems to remove any possibility of any local community.

This is coming from London where there is the opposite problem, pretty high density population and good local amenities pretty much everywhere, but the buildings are almost all >100 years old and built without luxuries like foundations or any insulation, then partitioned up so a family home is now 5 flats containing 10+ people.

UK builders and developers are also total bastards and having lived temporarily in a brand new terrible house in Oxfordshire I would be extremely reluctant to get anything new I didn't build myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU