Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

yup

any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

more people pay for icloud storage than the entire mac division makes

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

if mac makes more than ipad why apple be like we gonna make ipads replace the macs

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

yeah sure, op. right after you make a good post :flipoff:

fake edit: can we get a sock check?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they already did, op. its called the imac pro now

pram
Jun 10, 2001
agreed with the title

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Apple Sold Fewest Macs in Any Quarter Since 2010 as Nearly Entire Lineup Was Outdated

lol

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Skim Milk posted:

yeah sure, op. right after you make a good post :flipoff:

i don't wear socks at home in the summer, it's too hot out

:tif:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
lol at anyone who thought they were actually going to release a modular mac pro. timb be trollin'

imac pro is all they're going to do. Oh. It's also not going to get updated in 5 years either.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
maybe pappa tim just recognizes that computer hardware has stagnated and doesn't want to make his beloved consumers pay premiums for refreshed macbooks that don't work any better than the old ones???

maybe he'd rather wait until they have a real upgrade to offer???

xbox and playstation do the same thing, and people complained when they started moving to more frequent refreshes.

the reality is that frequent upgrades are scam. apple doesn't want to scam you.

i was just trolling but now i've convinced myself.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 2, 2018

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

post their profit relative to other corps and the numbers are “who cares,” ++ where else are you going to write software for their more profitable platforms

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

maybe pappa tim just recognizes that computer hardware has stagnated and doesn't want to make his beloved consumers pay premiums for refreshed macbooks that don't work any better than the old ones???

xbox and playstation do the same thing, and people complained when they started moving to more frequent refreshes.

"apple doesn't want to scam me" is what I repeat to myself as I buy more 2013 hardware at 2013 prices in 2018

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
i wonder if macstadium's rack-mounted imac pros are cost-effective now even with the pointless 5k monitor attached

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

why six colors when four will do

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Plorkyeran posted:

i wonder if macstadium's rack-mounted imac pros are cost-effective now even with the pointless 5k monitor attached

imacs have the best computer displays you can buy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Last Chance posted:

where is pagan cow when you need him?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Skim Milk posted:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Last Chance posted:

eyesmac

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Captain Foo posted:

eyesmac professional

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

akadajet posted:

where is pagan cow when you need him?

her

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple said the new Mac Pro won’t be out until 2019. they are literally incapable of just making a box with some pcie slots and drive bays in it because the industrial design group is going to gently caress it up by overengineering it.

I wonder if the Mac mini can go a whole decade without being updated

nope

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Why is the chart called "Six Colors" when there are only 5 colors in the chart?

:shrug:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

apple should make an inexpensive aluminium mac tower and just call it "mac"

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

why. who is the market for that.

big dorks keep getting mad at apple for not making their edgecase poo poo and apple keeps printing money because running mac os correctly is all that matters for 99.9% of users. same as it’s always been.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

im prolly going to stop hackintoshing and just switch over to my mbp in a henge dock again, like i did freshman year of college, bc its perfectly needs suiting for a non computer professional.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

it doesn't have to be inexpensive it just has to be good.

bring back the cheese graters! :colbert:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jeezy creezy they release the worst macs ever and they're still outselling the ipad

who would have known that releasing an ipad mini and an ipad maxi to chase stupid user demands and terrible non-apple design niches would result in the brand tanking so badly?

steve. steve knew.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

stymie still trying to make “ipad maxi” happen i see

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

its yospos canon

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Stymie posted:

jeezy creezy they release the worst macs ever and they're still outselling the ipad

who would have known that releasing an ipad mini and an ipad maxi to chase stupid user demands and terrible non-apple design niches would result in the brand tanking so badly?

steve. steve knew.

theyre not outselling the ipads not by a long shot

macs are way more expensive so less sales bring more revenue

revenue != profit also

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

poty posted:

theyre not outselling the ipads not by a long shot

macs are way more expensive so less sales bring more revenue

revenue != profit also

then go dig up the pie chart that shows the complete picture because that one definitely says the mac is outselling the ipad by three full percentage points no matter how you'd like to spin it

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
whatever happened to those mac desktops that were those silver towers that looked like they had a handle on the top and bottom? They were pretty drat popular. Every video editing dude i knew had one. it was a full-size tower, like the ones from the late 90s. i wanna say this was like 2004 or so. they were really popular and i am surprised apple is insisting on this literal garbage pail design

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

whatever happened to those mac desktops that were those silver towers that looked like they had a handle on the top and bottom? They were pretty drat popular. Every video editing dude i knew had one. it was a full-size tower, like the ones from the late 90s. i wanna say this was like 2004 or so. they were really popular and i am surprised apple is insisting on this literal garbage pail design

the cheese grater? power mac g5. g4s were silver color but more translucent plastic. the g4s are still occasionally sought after since they can boot into os 9 natively

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i hope they bring back candymacs

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

imagine running Mac OS on proper hardware

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

imagine running Mac OS on proper hardware