Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
In my mind, FF6 is basically the Chrono Cross of the series.

Wait! Don't crucify me yet!

I mean in the sense that it's got a great graphical/musical presentation and a fundamentally decent and playable system... but the story feels like it keeps losing the thread and going off on tangents which last all of five minutes each, and it's got a huge cast most of which have near-zero plot relevance outside of the five minutes where you first encounter them. Like, in all the cast, I think you could claim something like four of them are actually seriously entangled in the plot and not just hanging around because they've got nothing better to do with their lives. And once they're recruited, it's really only a difference between whether a ninja's hitting the enemy or a teddy bear, they don't really make any difference to the quests you engage in or even really play all that differently because half of the character gimmicks and special skills you will never need or want to use.

So it's a decent game, but doesn't deserve all the praise it gets.

Also I'm curious to see where this randomizer is going. :v: At least it can't be as weird as Awful Fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

ItBreathes posted:

Dunno if I'm missing something here, but they were also in 3. Err, the other 3.

I think you're gonna be hard pressed to find anyone with anything approaching a clear memory of that game in the West, though, considering how few people in Europe and the US probably played it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Maleketh posted:

WHAT THE gently caress ARE THOSE? (Seriously, what are these? Their design makes zero sense.)

Wow, yeah, I literally don't think I've ever seen those in the game. I think to hazard a guess they'd be from Owzer's mansion.

• Locked thread